Shell
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG CLXVIII: Capitalism [Game Thread]

Wow, this sure is an active thread.

Old 06-3-2017, 12:48 PM   #242
Shell
FFR Player

Not that I'm one to talk, but I expected more kooky personalities.

Old 06-3-2017, 01:49 PM   #243
Apple
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by China Mobile View Post
Hello CEOs,

Still coughing up a lung but I'll make do.

It'll be interesting to see the acquisitioner mimic other people's styles. It's probably one of the most difficult roles to play in this game as long as everyone stays true to their posting habits. I don't think it's necessary to sniff him out day 1 because there's a 99% chance he fucks himself in the ass by messing up a single post. As such, there is no reason for any of you to alter your posting styles or habits. So stay in your damn lanes please.

Corporations ragging on IBM's previous posting style worry me. Surely you aren't having trouble reading alternating capital letters? "obfuscat[ing] their posts" had me in stitches, Apple.

Please direct yourself to your nearest free online exam and get checked for dyslexia.

- Victoria
You know what I mean.

IBM's strategy is by far the most extreme thing I've ever seen to counter an alt stealing role.
Old 06-3-2017, 02:05 PM   #244
Google
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyota View Post
I can get more involved if you honeys want me to, but I think there's a better chance for us to solve this if I don't disrupt. But do please let me know if there's any way I can assist, I'd love to make this more... fruitful, for us.
Along with you not posting anything actually related to the game so far except for when GE threw your name out, this is pretty gross. Toyota
Old 06-3-2017, 02:06 PM   #245
Starbucks
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visa View Post
hi ibm verizon walmart i see u guys lurkin whatcha wanna talk bout
This feels really fucking weird considering that it was surrounded by posts such as:

Quote:
every1 i applogize for my mistake the op looked weird and i thought it was possible role pms not the actual role list ignore me thx bai
Quote:
is the blue blocker a roleblocker or does it block something else
Quote:
does seer immune make the acquisitioner return town or does it fail to work

when the acquisitioner acquires does it flip purple or the color of the company he took over

what are the odds of the acquisitioner winning anyway

is there a way we could make an alliance by having a special claim or does the acquisitioner make that too hard
The difficulty I'm having with this game is that players are disguising their posting styles to avoid the acquisitioner, which makes it difficult to find honest reads on them

And in this case, I can't tell if Visa is just pretending to be retarded or if it's ~real life~
Old 06-3-2017, 02:08 PM   #246
Xiz
TWG Chaos
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Xiz

Due to revealing his identity, FreezinIce has been removed from the game. His account is now being run by a new CEO. As a reminder, please be careful what account you post on.

Old 06-3-2017, 02:09 PM   #247
Starbucks
FFR Player

"Callout" posts are just shady in general and Visa has a bunch of stupid/useless posts but it seems manufactured to me

Like nobody could really be this out of touch with the game
Old 06-3-2017, 02:10 PM   #248
Starbucks
FFR Player

I would like to poll the audience on whether or not "posting quirks" like IBM, Shell, or maybe Visa are inherently scummy since the wolves have more to lose by being infiltrated and this have more of a motivation to prevent being targeted
Old 06-3-2017, 02:12 PM   #249
Starbucks
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazon View Post
I'm hoping people will get over this gimmick stuff soon. I thought it might be easier to interact with if I was participating. I was wrong. I have a strong town read on Verizon for reasons I'm not willing to share, and I'm voting for a wolf. When people get serious (and no, talking about how players are avoiding acquisition through cheese instead of through maintaining a strong presence and being a distinct person instead of "LOL does anyone else I'm a CEO??!!!?!?!" doesn't count.), you'll see more involvement from your friendly neighborhood Amazonian.
Amazon MVP
Old 06-3-2017, 02:12 PM   #250
Wells Fargo
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbucks View Post
I would like to poll the audience on whether or not "posting quirks" like IBM, Shell, or maybe Visa are inherently scummy since the wolves have more to lose by being infiltrated and this have more of a motivation to prevent being targeted
I vote no.
Its a sexy 3p role, people are going to care about it.
Old 06-3-2017, 02:13 PM   #251
Starbucks
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazon View Post
Sure. Their first post had wolfy punctuation and a random vote which has been followed up by being around the thread for more than 24 hours now with no content even remotely game related. Going from RVS mentality to "this doesn't interest me as a game" is a kind of disconnect you find in wolves almost exclusively.
Amazon is town
Old 06-3-2017, 02:14 PM   #252
Google
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbucks View Post
"Callout" posts are just shady in general and Visa has a bunch of stupid/useless posts but it seems manufactured to me

Like nobody could really be this out of touch with the game
I see what you mean, but also keep in mind that there's several players that post like this with stupid/useless posts in non-anon games, and it turns out they actually just have no idea how to read or play the game properly.
Old 06-3-2017, 02:15 PM   #253
Starbucks
FFR Player

Quote:
this activity pretty good

for a 10 player game

amazon-apple town based on interactions

Unvote
Okay serious what the fuck is up with Visa this game?

In my previous post I quoted a bunch of posts where they were acting like a dumbass, and then this post betrays a kind of knowledge of the game I would expect from at least a regular TWGer

Posting a public callout in one post and then talking about "interactions" in another feels really offputting to me

visa what's your mindset
Old 06-3-2017, 02:24 PM   #254
Wells Fargo
FFR Player

Starbucks feels town for that last post.
That's a thing that I think is hard for a lot of wolves to pretend to care about.
Old 06-3-2017, 02:25 PM   #255
Disney
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by GE View Post
You know, if we lynch the acquisitioner this day phase, we don't have to worry about them. We should go for that.
this is a bad idea
acquisitioner is just like the SK in any other game: they have an incentive to kill wolves early to increase their chances of survival to the end of the game
as an added bonus however, they gain perfect information on the entire wolf team as soon as they kill one
we will want to hunt for the acquisitioner specifically once either a wolf gets nightkilled (though that's just as likely to be a vigi kill) or in another phase or two
wolves are far more important because we do not want to have a mylo/lylo situation with 7-9 people
Old 06-3-2017, 02:29 PM   #256
Disney
FFR Player

wait i'm stupid and can't read ignore that post
Old 06-3-2017, 02:32 PM   #257
Google
FFR Player

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Microsoft View Post
that terrible attempt at a dumbtell
its not a dumbtell i would have made the same post regardless of alignment
Looking back through Visa's posts, this is one I didn't get.

Rather than a 'it's not a dumbtell, I made a mistake' we get a 'I would've done the same as any alignment'. Scum would have no reason to look at the OP (knowing how many partners they have already) and complain that's confusing speculating about how many wolves there are.
Old 06-3-2017, 02:32 PM   #258
GE
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney View Post
this is a bad idea
acquisitioner is just like the SK in any other game: they have an incentive to kill wolves early to increase their chances of survival to the end of the game
as an added bonus however, they gain perfect information on the entire wolf team as soon as they kill one
we will want to hunt for the acquisitioner specifically once either a wolf gets nightkilled (though that's just as likely to be a vigi kill) or in another phase or two
wolves are far more important because we do not want to have a mylo/lylo situation with 7-9 people
Whether or not they can help with wolves isn't relevant in my opinion. They effect town negatively especially if they get a town power role. And speaking of that, can they use blue roles when they aquire the account? If they can, it's important to find them, if not, still important as we lose our town powers, but not as important solely because they can't use them.
Old 06-3-2017, 02:35 PM   #259
Apple
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBM View Post
Well since my gimmick has been trivialized ill type like normal till i find a new one.

my point i was making was all this speculating about who the acquisitioner is at this point is almost pointless. my gimmick has nothing to do with it either. why would i go through the effort of doing that if i was just going to shed this name at the end of the day anyways and steal someone else's name?
If you wrote a program to do that, it makes it sound like it's not all that much trouble.

Also, why drop it because it was trivialized? Were you intentionally making your posts a headache to read and it's lost meaning because it has a counter? I don't think the linked program does anywhere close to a 1:1 replication of your choice of style.
Old 06-3-2017, 02:36 PM   #260
Apple
FFR Player

Never mind that, hadn't refreshed.
Closed Thread