Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Stepmania > Simulator Files
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2014, 02:28 AM   #221
Reshiram
The Vast White Note
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Reshiram Send a message via Yahoo to Reshiram Send a message via Skype™ to Reshiram
Default Re: The VideoGame MegaPack 4!

Sent a file. Haven't had a file in pack since... uh... Nostalgia Pack I think? XD Here's looking to break that streak.
Old 03-29-2014, 03:44 AM   #222
kommisar
Dark Chancellor
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to kommisar Send a message via MSN to kommisar

ima do some reviews after work today

found an old ass vgmp4 folder. have among these to step

Ys VII - Mother Earth Altago
Madou Monogatari - Satan's Theme
Puyo Puyo 20th - Schezo's theme
Mighty Switch Force - Love you Love you Love
Lufia: The Ruins of Lore - Floor master Battle theme
Puyo Puyo - Final of Puyo Puyo
Musha - Fullmetal Fighter
Old 03-29-2014, 09:58 AM   #223
James May
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalS3r4ph View Post
Review time!

Minuit a Fond La Caisse - It's charts like these that really make me love the game. Damn creative dude, nice work. The mines are a big part of the enjoyment (Don't turn them off for this one peeps), and the song is sick! It was cut well, and was a seriously pleasant surprise. I'm familiar with absolutely nothing of today's style of charts, but after being shown this display, I can tell you're a heavy hitter in today's Stepmania simartist age. Looking forward to more submissions. Big YES from me.
:') ty Tsuka haha. This really mean a lot to me <3 I actually love to step songs from that particular game due to it having so much diversity to cram out every bit of experimental works :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgravel View Post
Minuit A Fond La Caisse (James May): The chart is solid. My only complaint would be the mines. They don't really seem like they go to anything in particular. Feels like they were just shoved in for the sake of it. Can you give me a little insight into your mine placement? Regardless, the file is definitely enjoyable. Yes.
I was experimenting with mines on this file. The mines on the intro was to layer to the bird chirping and then the rest was to accentuate on the "whoosh" and to add emphasis on the quieter sounds. If you want, I can remove some of the mines that you find to be bothersome whenever I get the chance to redo the chart. Glad you find it enjoyable though :3

James May is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 10:41 AM   #224
DigitalS3r4ph
I'm Tsuka
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to DigitalS3r4ph Send a message via MSN to DigitalS3r4ph

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindreper1179 View Post
My take: The Beginner chart is everything layered in, and what people like to play now n' days. Well, at least some people. Overlayered pieces of work. This chart doesn't have PR if any at all. The hard chart is just the main part of the song and the third layer. This is some type of instrument I can't put my finger on that I followed. The second layer is skipped in this chart, it doesn't follow the bass at all. I have a chart for just following the 48th stream and another chart for the bass/third layer if you'd like to take a look. Also, I have a perfect idea for an easier chart. Probably two easy ones.
Cool, thank you for the insight into the beginner chart! Yeah, that's what I figured; usually when folks include charts that have stepped to literally almost everything possible that can be stepped in a song, they categorize that under beginner/novice or edit. As people know (and hope they understand), some of us are of the old ways of stepping mans, so can only operate off the basis of old-school critiquing methods, but I'm sure Choof and Kommisar will provide some much needed and appreciated insight on the charts as well. I'm looking forward to your edits, and other submissions.

REVIEWS!

Variations of Castle
- DUDE! This was awesome. Really fun chart, the sync was very well done, and the patterns flowed excellent together. You're definitely another one to watch out for imho. Resounding yes.

Working Together (Update) - Still fun to me, I'll let the others work out their opinions on technicality details- All I'm going to say is that I hope no one decides to mess around with the long 16th note stream (You know the one) because that was nicely done IMHO and REALLY fun haha.

Tal Tal Heights - One of my favorite remixes from SSBB! And favorite Zelda songs in general from Links Awakening. I play tested the hard and challenge versions of the charts. The hard version of the chart has some mine placement that I'm a bit iffy about. I felt that they took away from my enjoyment of the chart moreso than adding to the challenge. The chart itself is good and on-par with what I would expect a good and accepted submission for this song would look like, but I would like to see if something else can be done about those 16th note jacks in the beginning. That's like, the one part of the chart I don't agree with/don't like...They just barely need to be moved over to a different finger or the pattern needs to be revisited so it rolls better. My two cents.

Madness (Little Fugue) - I appreciated the inclusion of multiple charts for this, but there wasn't enough variation between the three other than the inclusion of some harder stream within certain segments and mine placements (Which were good by the way). I'd like to see the focus/structure reorganized somewhat to allow for the merging of two charts into a singular, more challenging chart, and an index version of the chart to allow it to be more accessible. This will most likely be a yes after this.

Akubyou Taisan
- I really enjoyed this one and the pattern placement; someone took some good notes on playing with mini-jacks. I do see some missed opportunities throughout the chart that others can elaborate on, but near the beginning you establish a particular rhythm with the song using 32nd notes which is good, but are missed or avoided later on. The latter half of measure 29 is a glaring example of that, and there are more if you review the file further. Because of this, this makes the chart feel off-kilter at times. This file is really fun, just needs a little bit more fleshing out to fully explore. This will most likely be a yes after this.

PM me if you find the secret.
DigitalS3r4ph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 11:25 AM   #225
Coolboyrulez0
VICES
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

sent something in to collect feedback on it, been a while since i stepped manias
Coolboyrulez0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 02:26 PM   #226
Buta-san
FFR Player
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via Skype™ to Buta-san

Quote:
Working Together (Update) - Still fun to me, I'll let the others work out their opinions on technicality details- All I'm going to say is that I hope no one decides to mess around with the long 16th note stream (You know the one) because that was nicely done IMHO and REALLY fun haha.

Madness (Little Fugue) - I appreciated the inclusion of multiple charts for this, but there wasn't enough variation between the three other than the inclusion of some harder stream within certain segments and mine placements (Which were good by the way). I'd like to see the focus/structure reorganized somewhat to allow for the merging of two charts into a singular, more challenging chart, and an index version of the chart to allow it to be more accessible. This will most likely be a yes after this.

Akubyou Taisan
- I really enjoyed this one and the pattern placement; someone took some good notes on playing with mini-jacks. I do see some missed opportunities throughout the chart that others can elaborate on, but near the beginning you establish a particular rhythm with the song using 32nd notes which is good, but are missed or avoided later on. The latter half of measure 29 is a glaring example of that, and there are more if you review the file further. Because of this, this makes the chart feel off-kilter at times. This file is really fun, just needs a little bit more fleshing out to fully explore. This will most likely be a yes after this.

First off thanks for the review! Through these reviews im lerning new terms for stepman skool.

Working Together - I have changed one pattern on Working together. Heres a pic for you guys to change or I can send just the .sm.
Im afraid to send another piano file because I probably used up all my patterns on this one haha..

@ M61-M61.5 starts 95.318 sec

Madness (Little Fugue) - Appreciate the feedback. After I finished this file I even felt it was lacking compared to my other two files. Didn't have much confidence to begin with. Ill revamp some patterns and maybe resend it for the pack. So you like the staccato bombs

Akubyou Taisan - Ah I did miss a few things including the string sound in the second half of the ladders. I layed a 1234 24th pattern and fixed a wrist mini-jack.

I ignored the 32nds at the build and drop of the song - Starting @ M40.
The build because I felt the 32nds was apart of the tick sounds. If I layered that the whole thing would become a stream which I didnt want. Unless your saying to just lay the 32nds and ignore the other sound?
The drop for a similar reason but also because I was worried it would make the pattern I have sloppy.

Ill find a pattern and add the 32nds along with making an easier chart. Did you want the 32nds @M56 with all those jumps?
Buta-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 02:35 PM   #227
Yulanik
♬♪♫ ヾ(*・。・)ノ ♬♪♫
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Yulanik

Yeap, gonna be sending something over shortly. much hype.
Yulanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 06:16 PM   #228
James May
FFR Player

Changed up Pepper Steak a bit since its release, might send it in...

edit: sending it.

edit 2: sent it.

edit 3: If anyone want to see the initial release of Pepper Steak, I'll be glad to post it on here (It was released on Cringefest 2013 oops x:...but v2 is improved on that so hehe...)

Last edited by James May; 03-29-2014 at 06:43 PM..
Old 03-30-2014, 05:04 AM   #229
TheSilentLord
FFR Player

Sent you a few files.
TheSilentLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 05:35 AM   #230
Staiain
Can't handle my ÆØÅ
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Staiain Send a message via MSN to Staiain Send a message via Skype™ to Staiain

So much hype for this !
Staiain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 10:38 AM   #231
DigitalS3r4ph
I'm Tsuka
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to DigitalS3r4ph Send a message via MSN to DigitalS3r4ph

I played Pepper Steak and thought it was really cool. Makes me really want to check out the soundtrack.

There are a bunch of anime-y sounding files to review now...ohh boy, lol. Reviews coming soon.

PM me if you find the secret.
DigitalS3r4ph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 11:36 AM   #232
James May
FFR Player

Quote:
I played Pepper Steak and thought it was really cool. Makes me really want to check out the soundtrack.
\o/

here's the OST if you want to check it out btw http://www.rpg-maker.fr/index.php?page=ost&id=18

Old 03-30-2014, 06:14 PM   #233
codcrille
FFR Player

Submitted a file. Forgot to give the mail a subject but it's there so have at it.

Edit: Oh fuck didn't read the rules, but hey Sengoku Rance is a legit game let's forget any adult content it might have.

Last edited by codcrille; 03-30-2014 at 06:16 PM..
codcrille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 10:44 PM   #234
intensez
FFR Player

i am pulling a one hit wonder and only sending one file to this.. as time permits, i step so slow that i don't think i could make another file by the time this is done xd

it's halfway done :')
intensez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 12:27 AM   #235
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kommisar View Post
ima do some reviews after work today

found an old ass vgmp4 folder. have among these to step

Ys VII - Mother Earth Altago
Lufia: The Ruins of Lore - Floor master Battle theme
oh fuck yes

i still dont know what im going to step for this
Old 03-31-2014, 01:04 AM   #236
intensez
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond View Post
oh fuck yes

i still dont know what im going to step for this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfZ6uX-MMtQ

if you're interested in collabing i'll pm you the mp3

my charts halfway done, i plan on finishing it. i think the song is interesting enough to have two charts for it anyway
intensez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 01:10 AM   #237
choof
Banned
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

gonna do reviews tomorrow, was busy today not doing a damn thing
choof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 09:54 AM   #238
James May
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by codcrille View Post
Sengoku Rance
Sengoku Rance <3

Old 03-31-2014, 01:10 PM   #239
macgravel
Resident Poopbutt
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Guys, you can't submit already released files. However, I'll be okay with it as long as you make enough changes to warrant it as a NEW file. If not, it's out. That means these files:

Crocodile Cacophony (AlexDest)
Pepper Steak (James May)
Thunder Plains (Antronach)

Let me know if any of you are going to make changes. James May, I know you said you already made some changes, but how drastic?
macgravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 01:16 PM   #240
James May
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgravel View Post
James May, I know you said you already made some changes, but how drastic?
Changed the ending completely (mainly due to a few ghost notes I saw that ruined the ending for me), rearranged a few patterns along the file (slight PR purpose), and added/removed some mines/holds (specifically the intro and ~45-50% through the song, you'll know where I mentioned in it). I might make a few more changes in it though so if you want, you could wait until I decide on making the last final changes before sending it again.