Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2017, 08:40 PM   #221
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Turbo XIII: Pew Pew Role Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celirra View Post
Hi so this analysis is more to rectify my comment earlier about how d0 is a crapshoot and how I think you're all being a bit silly about this whole ordeal and assuming anyone who doesn't want to seem like a wolf is immediately a wolf.

I'm not sure how the meta of "only a wolf would try to seem town" started up, but this in itself is awfully strange, especially given the game is won for town based on wolves gettin' the ol 1 2 noosearoo, and people thinking you're a wolf when you're town is naturally not conductive to your faction winning. Plus, it sucks being held suspect for something you're not.

I think a lot of this stems from preconceived notions that people have about one another within TWG and how that is often incorporated into how they play, under the assumption that "player X is always like Y when they're wolf, and since they're Z this time they must not be wolf!" is very silly to me, especially given how we're playing with intelligent people here for the most part, who could make for dastardly wolves, and who can change their stance on a whim fairly easily. I do hope you all realize how this could be potentially problematic and can lead to misreads on people, especially when, say, there's someone you haven't had a good read on once playing and can't rely on past games for.

The reason I'm a bit suspect on Choof at this point then is due to the general responsiveness from him to a significant amount of any spikes on the activity meter the game has had, which naturally in my mind comes off as someone who very much does not want to be labeled as a wolf due to how everyone here seems to think that inactivity or not having a stance on a ton of issues means you're a wolf. That coupled with the fact that he's using his own reputation here to defend himself

comes off to me like he's just playing all of you like fiddles.

Or maybe I'm the one who's a buffoon here, damn that'd be silly. I hope if nothing else you all consider this as an outsider's perspective of how your systems of wolf-hunting can be abused.
Trust me, he had us all fooled on game and he played with a very believable town mindset. It just so happened to work out since everyone in that specific game was more interested with the questionable posts from other players.

I'd be lying if I didn't say I'm not looking at his post super closely now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Charu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 08:40 PM   #222
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
ah I see I see
hee hee hee

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Old 04-18-2017, 08:40 PM   #223
FreezinIce
FFR Player

Computer gets put into sleep mode at night mello, I don't count that as turning it off.

To let the world be.

========

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET
Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean
Lynch all liars is good meta. Period.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
My guess at this point is that there aren't actually any wolves, and all the humans are just going to kill each other until only a few are left. Then the remaining survivors will realize they are the real monsters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Ike View Post
SCUM THEATER AA SCUM CHARU WOLF ALIEN ROUNDBOX IS TOWN AND FRAMED
FreezinIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 08:43 PM   #224
Tps222
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tps222 Send a message via Yahoo to Tps222 Send a message via Skype™ to Tps222

Quote:
Hi so this analysis is more to rectify my comment earlier about how d0 is a crapshoot and how I think you're all being a bit silly about this whole ordeal and assuming anyone who doesn't want to seem like a wolf is immediately a wolf.

I'm not sure how the meta of "only a wolf would try to seem town" started up, but this in itself is awfully strange, especially given the game is won for town based on wolves gettin' the ol 1 2 noosearoo, and people thinking you're a wolf when you're town is naturally not conductive to your faction winning. Plus, it sucks being held suspect for something you're not.
Disagree. Actively worrying about being read as wolf will cause you to try and parse your posts in a way that intentionally makes you try and appear human. This ends up clashing with what wolves do inadvertently, which is appear human by trying to assume a human mindset. The less people who purposefully try to appear human when they actually ARE human, the greater the odds of figuring out who is inadvertently appearing human because they aren't one.

Quote:

I think a lot of this stems from preconceived notions that people have about one another within TWG and how that is often incorporated into how they play, under the assumption that "player X is always like Y when they're wolf, and since they're Z this time they must not be wolf!" is very silly to me, especially given how we're playing with intelligent people here for the most part, who could make for dastardly wolves, and who can change their stance on a whim fairly easily. I do hope you all realize how this could be potentially problematic and can lead to misreads on people, especially when, say, there's someone you haven't had a good read on once playing and can't rely on past games for.
I agree with this. Maybe just because I'm not so knowledgeable on current meta's anymore, but there definitely seems to be a feeling of reliance on these (Haku and Charu's interactions specifically). It is D0 though so I understand that it may be the best thing to go off of at this moment.

Quote:
The reason I'm a bit suspect on Choof at this point then is due to the general responsiveness from him to a significant amount of any spikes on the activity meter the game has had, which naturally in my mind comes off as someone who very much does not want to be labeled as a wolf due to how everyone here seems to think that inactivity or not having a stance on a ton of issues means you're a wolf. That coupled with the fact that he's using his own reputation here to defend himself
Yes this is exactly the type of read I'm talking about when I say that humans actively avoid trying to come off as town for self-preservation/town interest sake. It makes reads like the above more relevant.

Quote:
comes off to me like he's just playing all of you like fiddles.
Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if Choof flips wolf, he is all over with serious posts and shitposts. More interesting that he flipped the switch into serious mode as soon as shitposts were getting called out.

Quote:
Or maybe I'm the one who's a buffoon here, damn that'd be silly. I hope if nothing else you all consider this as an outsider's perspective of how your systems of wolf-hunting can be abused.
I think we're viewing this from different angles. Either way my vote will still stay on you because you're criticizing something that only hurts our chances in my eyes (as explained above) and you seem to care about how you're being interpreted (evidenced by your above quotes).
Tps222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 08:43 PM   #225
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinIce View Post
Lol
Well, show me something that tells the rest he's not town. Thus far I feel he's pretty towny from his usual demeanor.

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
Old 04-18-2017, 08:45 PM   #226
Celirra
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Celirra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Trust me, he had us all fooled on game and he played with a very believable town mindset. It just so happened to work out since everyone in that specific game was more interested with the questionable posts from other players.

I'd be lying if I didn't say I'm not looking at his post super closely now.

See though, it's instances like this that make me think turbo (and maybe TWG as a whole) isn't played enough on a case-by-case basis, rather than the reputation driven game that it is now. It's hard to say he (or anyone) is not going for a believable town mindset right now.

A good example as well of how I think towns naturally have it out for themselves is due to general shit disturbing behaviour that causes people to become mislabeled (see: most of haku's posts) which just inherently makes the game more favourable towards wolves. That said, it does make the game more enjoyable perhaps, and definitely makes it more lively, but it is this kind of thing that causes mislynching, and when paired with using reputation to protect people from wolfreads, it creates a situation where there are two factors actively working against town very strongly, which benefits nothing but wolves.
 ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
彡と} 猫.{つ
Celirra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 08:45 PM   #227
FreezinIce
FFR Player

The fact that your clearing him so early makes me wonder if you've learned from the past.

To let the world be.

========

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
My guess at this point is that there aren't actually any wolves, and all the humans are just going to kill each other until only a few are left. Then the remaining survivors will realize they are the real monsters.
Quote:
Old 04-18-2017, 08:47 PM   #228
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tps222 View Post
I think we're viewing this from different angles. Either way my vote will still stay on you because you're criticizing something that only hurts our chances in my eyes (as explained above) and you seem to care about how you're being interpreted (evidenced by your above quotes).
Hmm...

Speaking of using meta. Last game I played with him he did exactly what you just said. Made some posts after calling out a player, but then immediately went and said "I'm trying not to be suspicious."

Just, y'know, throwing that out there for you.

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
Old 04-18-2017, 08:48 PM   #229
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

Quote:
Do you think choof earnestly means it then?

I feel like he didn't mean it, but if he did mean it and if that's actually a serious vote...
I read it as if it was serious. Normally I would say I might have misread and leave it at that but refer to the response I made to Choof further down in this post. It doesn't add up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post

I hope you guys realize I'm far from where I'd normally be if I'd just abide blindly to my own standards.
Got mad deju ve from reading this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
I've said like 3 trillion times that I'm pretty sure it was a session timeout where he was in thread early and the thing timed out while he was snoozing

do people not know what this is
Did Freezin offer this excuse or did you offer it so you could lay off him?
Because IIRC you engaged Freezin with an accusation, get challenged pretty hardcore and then came up with the Freezin response you wanted yourself....???

If it was just an excuse to back off a shitvote because it's shitvoting, why repost this reasoning instead of just saying it was a shitvote to begin with?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashflash account View Post
Devoted to my
Darling Mellon, without whom
I could not go on

That is a quality haiku. Only humans can write haikus
Ewwwwwwwww

Quote:
Probably seems like a stupid vote, but hey, when people can fill 10 pages with crap in less than 10 hours...
Anyway, my reasoning is that if one of us dies immediately, we won't waste time arguing later
Fucking Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Quote:
I know what this is, but thanks for indirectly telling me it's not serious, lmao.

'Aite, I'm fine with choof then. He seems pretty towny at the moment.

Quote:
also I want to ask you guys whether I should drink tequila, rum, rye, or beer tonight, I have lots of each and some other stuff and not sure what I want to get through, pls help.
I'm a rum guy myself, but I only drink the week of my birthday

Which is May 24th.

Free rum and shit if you're in town

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

MixMasterLar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 08:48 PM   #230
FreezinIce
FFR Player

Hey cel is pretty awesome for saying that. I was thinking those thoughts as I watched town implode last game. I specifically asked sunfan if dbp was suspicious and he was firmly of the opinion that wolf dbp would be super easy to catch.

Metas arnt static. Sleep on people at your own risk

To let the world be.

========

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
Quote:
Old 04-18-2017, 08:50 PM   #231
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

Quote:
See though, it's instances like this that make me think turbo (and maybe TWG as a whole) isn't played enough on a case-by-case basis, rather than the reputation driven game that it is now. It's hard to say he (or anyone) is not going for a believable town mindset right now.

A good example as well of how I think towns naturally have it out for themselves is due to general shit disturbing behaviour that causes people to become mislabeled (see: most of haku's posts) which just inherently makes the game more favourable towards wolves. That said, it does make the game more enjoyable perhaps, and definitely makes it more lively, but it is this kind of thing that causes mislynching, and when paired with using reputation to protect people from wolfreads, it creates a situation where there are two factors actively working against town very strongly, which benefits nothing but wolves.
And just like the last game I played with you, this could've been simplified to:

"Meta reads should not be the driven factor in actual reads."

Unfortunately, since there's nothing to go off on D0, that's what me, and probably others, do to spark conversations!!!

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
Old 04-18-2017, 08:51 PM   #232
FreezinIce
FFR Player

Here's a shocker: 90% of the time your going to burn yourself if you look for activity as an alignment indicator. Just because someone is talking doesn't mean they're town. The inverse is obviously true

To let the world be.

========

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
Quote:
Old 04-18-2017, 08:51 PM   #233
Celirra
FFR Player

I hope my response to two segments in particular is enough, if you want analysis on the rest other than a "I can agree" then let me know.

Quote:
Disagree. Actively worrying about being read as wolf will cause you to try and parse your posts in a way that intentionally makes you try and appear human. This ends up clashing with what wolves do inadvertently, which is appear human by trying to assume a human mindset. The less people who purposefully try to appear human when they actually ARE human, the greater the odds of figuring out who is inadvertently appearing human because they aren't one.
This is something I actually hadn't considered, and makes sense too actually, and in that case, my bad for neglecting this element. To put it in a numeric standpoint, if 10 is wolf and 1 is perfect human, most towns in my mind will likely be around a healthy 3 or 4 by default and by how they aim to be perceived, meanwhile wolves can fit in two categories: either coming off as a 1 or 2, or a 3 or 4 with a * attached, that * being typical town read plus some kind of quirk. An example here would be pushing issues overly aggressively, for instance.

Quote:
That's fair, and given that I've played against the better interest inadvertently it's an understandable vote looking back on it. My apologies in that sense, I hope you come to realize the true validity here and how it was more for self-preservation and in the interests of town, misconstrued and faulted due to my own errors.
 ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
彡と} 猫.{つ
Old 04-18-2017, 08:52 PM   #234
FreezinIce
FFR Player

Related note: I hate d0

To let the world be.

========

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
Quote:
Old 04-18-2017, 08:52 PM   #235
flashflash account
FFR Player

I think choof is a human. Seems like the meta around here is to lynch him because he MIGHT be a wolf but at that point we might As well lynch haku because he MIGHT be a wolf.
Then again, he might be the vigi. Could the vigi please claim to the thread so that we don't mislynch him
flashflash account is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 08:54 PM   #236
flashflash account
FFR Player

I also think celery and tps are human but I can be in fringe scenarios wrong
flashflash account is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 08:55 PM   #237
Celirra
FFR Player

Quote:
I think choof is a human. Seems like the meta around here is to lynch him because he MIGHT be a wolf but at that point we might As well lynch haku because he MIGHT be a wolf.
Then again, he might be the vigi. Could the vigi please claim to the thread so that we don't mislynch him

A might for someone being a wolf seems more ideal than most other d0 reads, since distinctive arguments are difficult to make until first night strikes, and the first little bit of D1.
 ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
彡と} 猫.{つ
Old 04-18-2017, 08:55 PM   #238
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Hey, he's town at the moment. I'll be keeping my eye on him for this game!!

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
Old 04-18-2017, 08:55 PM   #239
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

Quote:
I'm sorry but what?

Are there people like, saying that? because I'm fairly certain there isn't

Who are you again? You referred to Raeko as Raeko pretty casually so that makes me believe you're an alt and I would greatly be in your debt if you'll let us know what your main account is.

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

MixMasterLar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 08:55 PM   #240
mellonxcollie
Sectional Moderator
TGB Queen
Sectional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to mellonxcollie Send a message via MSN to mellonxcollie Send a message via Skype™ to mellonxcollie

Quote:
Could the vigi please claim to the thread so that we don't mislynch him
lmao flash flash account, never change

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
people like you are how trump gets elected
mellonxcollie is offline   Reply With Quote