Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2008, 08:39 PM   #2301
stivitybobo
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Super Smash Brothers Brawl

all i have to say is that YOSHI pwns he is and always will be the best, in my opinion, and ask verra i freaking pwn'd his *ss
stivitybobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 08:43 PM   #2302
Gano
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Gano Send a message via MSN to Gano Send a message via Skype™ to Gano

Afro if you'd be willing to buy one the Tri-wing screwdriver is the specific kind you'd need to open up your Wavebird safely
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.d...887~r.96035782
Play-Asia has one for like $3 if you'd prefer a reputable site, I've never heard of DEAL EXTREME hehe.

And yeah no more Gamecube straight from Nintendo. Gamestop's will occasionally get ones that are stockpiled in Gamestop warehouses so its not impossible to find new locally, plus used if anyone trades 'em, but right now the Brawl rush probably has most local places cleaned out

[edit] l2awr if you can find something like this, it's what I use on my classic and it gives it a Gamecube feel to the grip
http://www.nyko.com/nyko/products/?i=112
It doesn't have to be locked on top of the Wiimote, it can be separated. It really is quite nice

doraemon bustin caps

Last edited by Gano; 03-13-2008 at 08:49 PM..
Gano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 08:49 PM   #2303
l2awr
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to l2awr Send a message via MSN to l2awr Send a message via Yahoo to l2awr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gano View Post
Afro if you'd be willing to buy one the Tri-wing screwdriver is the specific kind you'd need to open up your Wavebird safely
Play-Asia has one for like $3 if you'd prefer a reputable site, I've never heard of DEAL EXTREME hehe.

And yeah no more Gamecube straight from Nintendo. Gamestop's will occasionally get ones that are stockpiled in Gamestop warehouses so its not impossible to find new locally, plus used if anyone trades 'em, but right now the Brawl rush probably has most local places cleaned out
[edit] l2awr if you can find something like this, it's what I use on my classic and it gives it a Gamecube feel to the grip
It doesn't have to be locked on top of the Wiimote, it can be separated. It really is quite nice
Thats actually pretty cool man. Thanks. I have to keep that site in mind.
l2awr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 08:57 PM   #2304
Relambrien
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Relambrien Send a message via MSN to Relambrien

About the Snake conversations, I absolutely love Snake v. Sonic.

Hedgehogs are the natural predators of snakes, which explains Snake's animosity toward Sonic.
Relambrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 09:27 PM   #2305
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DarkManticoreX2

In the event level where you have to play as olimar and grow flowers.

I don't get how to do it.

Just run around untill they grow or what.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

Last edited by DarkManticoreX2; 03-13-2008 at 09:30 PM..
DarkManticoreX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 09:35 PM   #2306
Relambrien
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Relambrien Send a message via MSN to Relambrien

It takes about 40 seconds or so for Pikmin to grow flowers, I think. This is in tribute to the Pikmin games where the longer a Pikmin was alive, the stronger it would get, denoted by the leaf on its head changing to a bulb, and finally a flower. It happened naturally over time.

The same concept is in Brawl now--just run around and don't let your Pikmin die. Within a minute you'll pass the event. Just make sure you have six Pikmin.
Relambrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 10:21 PM   #2307
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolboyrulez0 View Post
Jiggly and wolf are easy to get. You beat SSE so just beat Boss Rush on easy with Fox and beat wolf. Easiest Jiggly unlock I forgot. Doing events right now, finished most on normal, some on hard. Still got to do 34, 39, 40, [omg41]

CBR
Since you're telling how to unlock things without spoilers, I guess whatever. You can unlock wolf in a certain level during adventure mode, but only after you've beaten it. A bit easier than completing boss battles with Fox methinks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2awr View Post
That's SO LAME. Where did you hear that Nintendo isn't making GC controllers anymore? Better get use to the UNCOMFORTABLE classic controller...
The guy I talked to at Best Buy said it, and the person at Gamestop confirmed it as well. I'm sure that 3rd party companies will continue making Gamecube controllers and sell them as "Wii controllers", but it's not the same and never as good a quality. I had this one madcatz controller that played really well and stuff, but after like 2 weeks it stopped working, so I took it back and got a new one, and THAT ONE stopped after about 2 weeks, took it back, and THAT ONE ALSO DIED SHORTLY. Freaking nuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stivitybobo View Post
all i have to say is that YOSHI pwns he is and always will be the best, in my opinion, and ask verra i freaking pwn'd his *ss
Yoshi's too hard to be good with. His jump is so erratic and aiming his eggs is difficult to master 100%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gano View Post
Thanks. For some reason I thought it was ridiculously hard to get or extremely expensive for no reason. Like, there's this part for my 3rd party radios for my car. It's just a piece of molded plastic, but it costs like 80$.

Quote:
Used is a piece of ****. I bet if I took in my controller with the broken Z, they'd take it and sell it.

Quote:
I saw that, but meh. I don't mind the shape of the classic (almost like my beloved SNES except a little better), but it's the fact of not wanting to learn how to play on a new controller where the buttons are in a different place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relambrien View Post
About the Snake conversations, I absolutely love Snake v. Sonic.

Hedgehogs are the natural predators of snakes, which explains Snake's animosity toward Sonic.
Didn't really get it haha. Figured it was some kind of hint to them both being 3rd party additions.

ps i managed to clear all event stages on hard and I DIDNT GET **** WTF
Old 03-13-2008, 10:47 PM   #2308
l2awr
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to l2awr Send a message via MSN to l2awr Send a message via Yahoo to l2awr

After watching some diddy videos from smashboards I have got to say that the competition looks really weak...dmbrandon or whatever was the only decent diddy I've seen so far and mine is better than his =\
Old 03-14-2008, 12:30 AM   #2309
Loyal2Death
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

I'm not the only one who feels like Marth is still up there am I?

Are you Loyal?
Nows the time to choose
Die and be free of pain.
Or live and fight your sorrow.
Loyal2Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 05:18 AM   #2310
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

Hells yes.

Since I can't play the game yet, I'm still getting content information from the Brawl site.

Advance Wars and Golden Sun cameos in the forms of assist trophies. Awesome.
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 05:44 AM   #2311
Mr.Nothing
R.I.P. Steve <3
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Mr.Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolboyrulez0 View Post
Jiggly and wolf are easy to get. You beat SSE so just beat Boss Rush on easy with Fox and beat wolf. Easiest Jiggly unlock I forgot. Doing events right now, finished most on normal, some on hard. Still got to do 34, 39, 40, [omg41]

CBR
Wolf is somewhat of a challenge. SSE is not "easy" and neither are the boss battles, but once you complete SSE Toon Link and Jigglypuff are a breeze.
Old 03-14-2008, 06:17 AM   #2312
Temote
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Temote

Does anyone know if the "Clear xx mode with all characters" includes using co-op for them (you know, so I can cut my challenge time in half =P)?

Also, Snake's smashes seem to slow for me to actually catch anyone with them, and Lucas is a super boss killer. XD

EDIT: And do I need to clear classic mode three times to get all three of the pokemon trophies that come with pokemon trainer (because I only have Squirtle so far)?

Last edited by Temote; 03-14-2008 at 06:19 AM..
Temote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 12:51 PM   #2313
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

I'm not sure what the deal is with Pokemon Trainer. I got Charizard but not Squirtle or Ivysaur. Maybe it does require 3 beatings... but that's lame.

By the way, it seems like almost all I've got to unlock is grind-type unlocks. Things like "brawl 10 times on xxx stage" or "clear xxx mode with all characters".
Old 03-14-2008, 01:35 PM   #2314
Master_of_the_Faster
FFR Player

Who do you guys think is better: Ike or Metaknight?
Master_of_the_Faster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 03:44 PM   #2315
l2awr
FFR Player

They are both good. Metaknight is good for comboing, but ko moves are hard to land. Ike doesn't really have combos, but with like 4 hits your dead...
Old 03-14-2008, 04:29 PM   #2316
argo15
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

is sonic considered a nooby character or advanced character? XD
Anyway he's definately my guy things are so natural with him.
argo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 04:53 PM   #2317
Jerry DB
FFR, lift, repeat
FFR Veteran

I think sonic is great I pwn with him, every character is balanced pretty well so it doesnt matter who you use
Jerry DB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 05:37 PM   #2318
l2awr
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by argo15 View Post
is sonic considered a nooby character or advanced character? XD
Anyway he's definately my guy things are so natural with him.
He's different, thats for sure. There really isn't a tier list yet because the game hasn't been out long enough. So far the "Best" characters IMO so far are Diddy, R.O.B, space animals and Lucario.
Old 03-14-2008, 05:43 PM   #2319
stivitybobo
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Yoshi's too hard to be good with. His jump is so erratic and aiming his eggs is difficult to master 100%.
well then my eggs kill everyone and his jumping is really easy to control if u used him more then once
stivitybobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 06:04 PM   #2320
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stivitybobo View Post
well then my eggs kill everyone and his jumping is really easy to control if u used him more then once
Once is not enough time to master his jump. I've played him dozens of times and wouldn't even say that I have his unique jump anywhere near mastered. And aiming eggs requires such skill that even with my minor skills I used to amaze the hell out of everyone in the fact that I could aim them AT ALL. I know my friends probably aren't a good representation of a typical player, but it still stands to show that aiming eggs is hard.