Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2014, 04:38 PM   #201
TWG Canada
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG CVI: United Nations

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Iran View Post
Yes, thank you for your vote Mr Pot. I'm glad you could make the 2 post minimum to prevent your untimely death.
Their third post, so whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG India View Post
they know too much. it is rather uncomfortable. lynch them for what they know.
The commentary also stinks ass when every one of your posts has been ass
Old 01-22-2014, 04:40 PM   #202
TWG Canada
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG China View Post
This quote especially stinks to me. It seems like Canada is projecting a bit with their reasoning. Inactivity in general is beneficial to the wolf team and flying under the radar is obviously something wolves would want to do, but drawing attention to yourself is not always "the last thing you'd want to do". In fact is it beneficial for wolves to be noticed, just not as lynch targets.

If this is the logic they think a wolf would have, it follows that they would do the opposite thing... if they were a wolf, which is exactly what Canada has been doing. Front-on attacking people and drawing lots of attention to themselves. Seems like it could be a bit of a cover.

I've also seen this stance argued by many players in the past, and usually those players turn out to be wolves. Criticizing players for making "empty" posts or for "trying to look helpful". It is entirely possible for this sort of play style to be a wolf ploy, sure, but it's also entirely possible that those posts were just trying to be helpful. It's an easy way to find scapegoats who haven't really done anything to deserve it.
I'm heading out right now, but take a look at the previous games, wolves are pretty much never instigating stuff, definitely not this early. I'll say more later and such.
Old 01-22-2014, 04:51 PM   #203
TWG United States
FFR Player

I've been sitting back for a little bit just absorbing things and seeing what others had to say.

We have several nations that still haven't contributed much to this at all. Russia and Germany only have 2 posts, Mexico and England have 3, then there's China and Saudi Arabia at 4.
Russia made one roleplay type post and hasn't bothered to come back since.
Germany spoke a little of the guess situation and hopped on the Israel wagon.
Mexico has just done roleplay stuff.
England has put in some input, but very little.
Saudi Arabia has been doing the roleplay stuff as well.
China had the post that happened after being called out but since then has been offering more input.

I think it may be good to think a little bit about these players who aren't posting much and only roleplaying rather than offering any real input. I know it's first day but at this point there has been things that have come up that could be discussed. I feel like it may be just a way to try to fly under the radar and avoid suspicion.

I'm slightly put off by Canada, this person sure does like to talk about what the wolves would or wouldn't do. I feel it's one thing to discuss wolf strategy, but another to basically sit there and say exactly what they would or wouldn't do. This might be a cover, might not. I do feel they are someone to keep an eye on for now at the very least.

I don't think we should just be voting Spain because they're "annoying" if anything do it because they've been basically hiding behind a roleplay. I'm not sure I really feel they are wolfy being that they have been drawing attention to themselves and continue to do so. This could be their plan though.

I will likely be changing my vote I'm just not sure to who yet. The day is almost over and it looks like we're starting to head towards a no lynch.
Old 01-22-2014, 04:53 PM   #204
TWG Iran
FFR Player

@ USA

We only need 50% or more of the players to vote to get a lynch. Whoever has majority at that point will die.

We do not need an insta lynch to lynch.
Old 01-22-2014, 04:56 PM   #205
TWG United States
FFR Player

Right, the number change with the modkill. I forgot we had lost another person already.
Old 01-22-2014, 05:02 PM   #206
TWG Spain
FFR Player

Estados Unidos, the nation with the most votes will be destroyed unless several nation leaders withdraw votes.
Old 01-22-2014, 05:10 PM   #207
TWG United States
FFR Player

I misunderstood the 50%, my mistake.
Old 01-22-2014, 05:23 PM   #208
TWG India
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Canada View Post
The commentary also stinks ass when every one of your posts has been ass
i thought Canadians were supposedly nice. you are not the country i thought you were.
Old 01-22-2014, 05:26 PM   #209
TWG France
FFR Player

I think its probably for the best if we lynch one of the more inactive nations early on. Anyone under 5 posts would be a good idea in my book. I'll start with Saudi Arabia.

Also, am I the only one who's really off-put by Canda's "wolves never start shit on day 1?"
Old 01-22-2014, 05:28 PM   #210
TWG United States
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG France View Post
I think its probably for the best if we lynch one of the more inactive nations early on. Anyone under 5 posts would be a good idea in my book. I'll start with Saudi Arabia.

Also, am I the only one who's really off-put by Canda's "wolves never start shit on day 1?"
No, you're not the only one. If you read my longer post I mention that I'm put off by Canada's wolf talk a little bit as well.
Old 01-22-2014, 05:29 PM   #211
TWG Japan
FFR Player

TWG Canada

You talk too much.
Old 01-22-2014, 05:38 PM   #212
TWG Germany
FFR Player

Haven't said much at all lately because all I'm seeing is "empty post" targeting "empty post" or something similar. While some of these little feuds may be important later on with some build up, I feel that there still isn't any thing to build on them with. There's only been a modkill and a guessing of an account due to word choice. Nothing else is standing out to me.

I will keep my vote on the majority, and then go from there. And if my counting is correct, that is now China.

Think there should be a vote update soon, there's been quite a bit of switching around.
Old 01-22-2014, 05:44 PM   #213
TWG Iran
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Germany View Post
Haven't said much at all lately because all I'm seeing is "empty post" targeting "empty post" or something similar. While some of these little feuds may be important later on with some build up, I feel that there still isn't any thing to build on them with. There's only been a modkill and a guessing of an account due to word choice. Nothing else is standing out to me.

I will keep my vote on the majority, and then go from there. And if my counting is correct, that is now China.

Think there should be a vote update soon, there's been quite a bit of switching around.
This is a post I can easily see a wolf making. Lazy vote/arguing nothing important has been brought up.

Innocent nations typically look for anything and pick at it. Germany's disinterest in apparently everything Day 1 is a disconnect from innocent nation mentality.

TWG Germany
Old 01-22-2014, 05:52 PM   #214
TWG Saudi Arabia
FFR Player

TWG Israel is probably a wolf.

First, that player is still most likely to get lynched before the day ends in 4 hours.

Second, it is highly unlikely that wolves coordinated a push in early game with no communication prior to the phase indicating that the push should have been mostly human for the simple purpose of adding votes.

Third, the amount of subsequent pushes going on in other directions is bad news this close to phase end. The last game should have taught people how much info you get without a lynch. In fact, moving the push spuriously in other directions when an expedient and pragmatic random lynch sits before you is either very foolish or very wolfy.

Death to Israel, etc.
Old 01-22-2014, 05:52 PM   #215
TWG China
FFR Player

Quote:

Speaking of "empty posts"...
Old 01-22-2014, 05:55 PM   #216
TWG Egypt
FFR Player

Quote:
Haven't said much at all lately because all I'm seeing is "empty post" targeting "empty post"
This shouldn't keep you from posting. Actually, it should make you post more. You have offered virtually nothing to the thread. Criticizing those who are at least trying to get a discussion going is not useful at all.

Quote:
Just going with the majority, as Iran already said, is the easy way out. I'm not going to let you get away with that, Germany
Old 01-22-2014, 05:57 PM   #217
TWG Saudi Arabia
FFR Player

Please expect every lynch in this game to be expedient and pragmatic with 48 hour phases and please train yourself to recognize that sensation of wanting to switch arbitrarily after the first day because of weak impressions. This structure of phases is highly favorable to wolves.
Old 01-22-2014, 05:58 PM   #218
TWG France
FFR Player

I still think Saudi Arabia is out of it, but Germany for that post, since they were pretty inactive as well.
Old 01-22-2014, 06:03 PM   #219
TWG Saudi Arabia
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG France View Post
I still think Saudi Arabia is out of it, but Germany for that post, since they were pretty inactive as well.
you cling to your filter that applies to a bunch of people even after a substantive post and then quickly bandwagon onto another weak lynch.

the real question here is what do you find so human about israel. a random lynch is a good lynch, and israel already has more votes than anyone. yours could create the momentum needed to make sure this phase isn't wasted.

so either you're an idiot who believes he can grasp behavior tells on anonymous people with weak filters an guesswork on day 1, or you have an interest in not lynching israel or a no-lynch, both of which are foolish or wolfy.
Old 01-22-2014, 06:05 PM   #220
TWG United States
FFR Player

There have been several people that have gone along with majority votes during this day. I've been on the majority trains thus far as well. This early in the game I think that's a bit common.

France I think you've changed your vote the most times during this game so far.
Closed Thread