Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR Events > Tournaments
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 01:07 AM   #2161
ic0slay3r
Falangel <3
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to ic0slay3r Send a message via Skype™ to ic0slay3r
Default Re: Slayerific Phantominaizer New Year Tourney!

D6: tried not to smash :/. Apparently next round song will be Death Piano...

D5: Got all good/avrg. after the mega long trill XD

D4: Can Improve a lot.

Vertex BETA: :/ w.e

Ivaltek: AAA

Electro Rush x8: AAA

AAA:531
Best AAAs: Be Princess | Happy Happy Shining Star!! | XP Sounds Attempt | BB Euro | Gacha Gacha Cute Figu atto Mate | It's Only Natural | Shihen | Epic
Best non-AAAs: Summer Time Perfume (6-0-0-0), The Divine Suicide of K (5-0-0-0), Strangeprogram (4-0-0-0), Going On Spring Wind (3-0-0-1) Lawn Wake I (2-0-0-2), Rottel-da-station (0-0-0-1)
# of BF: 42

-------
Old 01-17-2011, 01:14 AM   #2162
bob bob
This Is How We Do It~
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to bob bob Send a message via MSN to bob bob Send a message via Skype™ to bob bob

bloodrunk afjaijiphjpahjipajiphjpijpj
5th Place: 7th Official Tournament D5

Old 01-17-2011, 01:17 AM   #2163
ichliebekase
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

So while cooking at 11 PM because Frankie made me stay up later than I wanted to and pregnancy cravings kicked in, I burned my pointer finger on my left hand so bad that I've been sitting up in bed crying because it hurt so fucking bad and I cannot curve that finger at all because there's going to be a huge blister going from the bottom of the nail to the middle knuckle. It's pretty damn difficult to even type right now because it's burning pain beyond what I can handle. It's a steam burn. It hurts like hell.

Even with that being said, I can't read Vertex BETA and never have been able to. I would have been out either way. I've only comboed Vertex BETA once and that was with mashing on the one-handed trills. I'm basically out, but if by some miracle I can play in the next three days, then cool. Until such miracle happens, toodaloo, I'll see you all in D4.

But I have to agree with if you wanted a hard 10, a better one could have been picked. Southern Cross or even Balloon Fever. Hell, I found a 10 earlier that I couldn't even combo. If I remembered the name of it, I'd tell you. But considering that it's all stream, obviously there are going to be people who can do super well on stream. Hence the 3 goods already posted [nice job by the way]. Files with a variety of crap in them should be chosen. Classical Insanity is an example of that. It has a little of almost every pattern all mashed into one.

Rofl, I like how even Axel says whatever about Vertex BETA.

Also, Eclipse Solar should have been last. Frankie and I were discussing that earlier. But, he also said that if you need another song and you wanted Eclipse Solar as this round's song, Here We Go would be a good suggestion for the last song.
Garden Party - Dance, level 38
Old 01-17-2011, 01:19 AM   #2164
ic0slay3r
Falangel <3
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob bob View Post
bloodrunk afjaijiphjpahjipajiphjpijpj
its actually more like klklklklklklklklklklklklklaslkklklklklklasklklklklklklklklasklklklklklklklaskllklklklkllklksklklklklklklasklklklklkklkasasasasklasasasasasaklsasasasasasalksasasasasaslasasasasaskasasasasasklasasasasaskasasasasasalasasasasasaklasasasa

Best AAAs: Be Princess | Happy Happy Shining Star!! | XP Sounds Attempt | BB Euro | Gacha Gacha Cute Figu atto Mate | It's Only Natural | Shihen | Epic
Best non-AAAs: Summer Time Perfume (6-0-0-0), The Divine Suicide of K (5-0-0-0), Strangeprogram (4-0-0-0), Going On Spring Wind (3-0-0-1) Lawn Wake I (2-0-0-2), Rottel-da-station (0-0-0-1)

-------
Old 01-17-2011, 01:22 AM   #2165
igotrhythm
Fractals!
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to igotrhythm

OMG, Sara, I'm so sorry to hear that! I was looking forward to seeing a score from you, but oh well. A win is a win, but it leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. You matched or supped me in every round up to this point, Sara, and I still can't touch your 300 (but I did get 20-1-0-0 on BB Evo and 12-3-0-4 on Runny). Hopefully when I get better I'll see you in D4.

King, I'm not going to be able to touch that 3g even if I get my speed back, but I need a score posted to meet you in the final. So, here it is.
Old 01-17-2011, 01:27 AM   #2166
ichliebekase
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by igotrhythm View Post
OMG, Sara, I'm so sorry to hear that! I was looking forward to seeing a score from you, but oh well. A win is a win, but it leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. You matched or supped me in every round up to this point, Sara, and I still can't touch your 300 (but I did get 20-1-0-0 on BB Evo and 12-3-0-4 on Runny). Hopefully when I get better I'll see you in D4.
I'll now have to try out BB Evo and RunnyMorning when my finger heals ;] if either have jacks though, then you can forget anything good out of me XD

But, like I said, if my finger heals a little, I'll try to post something. I don't want that to scare you, because my best PA is my recorded FC, which is 30-x-0-x. I'll give you fair warning and updates on my finger if it heals up at all :] if I'm going to knock you out, I'll do it fair and square :]

Btw, I cleaned up that average like I said I would on 300 ;] 12-0-0-1 now.

EDIT: I have a fat pointer finger now >.> it's swelling and it hurts D:
Old 01-17-2011, 01:30 AM   #2167
ic0slay3r
Falangel <3
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichliebekase View Post
So while cooking at 11 PM because Frankie made me stay up later than I wanted to and pregnancy cravings kicked in, I burned my pointer finger on my left hand so bad that I've been sitting up in bed crying because it hurt so fucking bad and I cannot curve that finger at all because there's going to be a huge blister going from the bottom of the nail to the middle knuckle. It's pretty damn difficult to even type right now because it's burning pain beyond what I can handle. It's a steam burn. It hurts like hell.

Even with that being said, I can't read Vertex BETA and never have been able to. I would have been out either way. I've only comboed Vertex BETA once and that was with mashing on the one-handed trills. I'm basically out, but if by some miracle I can play in the next three days, then cool. Until such miracle happens, toodaloo, I'll see you all in D4.

But I have to agree with if you wanted a hard 10, a better one could have been picked. Southern Cross or even Balloon Fever. Hell, I found a 10 earlier that I couldn't even combo. If I remembered the name of it, I'd tell you. But considering that it's all stream, obviously there are going to be people who can do super well on stream. Hence the 3 goods already posted [nice job by the way]. Files with a variety of crap in them should be chosen. Classical Insanity is an example of that. It has a little of almost every pattern all mashed into one.

Rofl, I like how even Axel says whatever about Vertex BETA.

Also, Eclipse Solar should have been last. Frankie and I were discussing that earlier. But, he also said that if you need another song and you wanted Eclipse Solar as this round's song, Here We Go would be a good suggestion for the last song.
Those where my exact same thought. I'm extremely good at VB( I dint play it cause I know I can AAA it but I always get a random good, so I'm just trying to ignore that song until I know I'm 100% I will AAA it in my next try). IMO that song should never be chosen for a tournament, but yeah I wasn't home early so Dani picked all the songs, I really have no problem with that, cause he is the co-host and he should have the same rights as I have to pick the songs. But he really should have thought that some people are extremely good at streams and some are not. When you talk about VB you are talking about a song that is 85% streams, 13% jumps, 2% trills. If middie or nocture where still participating they would have rape this round.

-------
Old 01-17-2011, 01:36 AM   #2168
xBBx Takedown
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to xBBx Takedown

Please agree with me on this...
KingKilla is def. D4 material because of his performance on VB...
Dragons Fury: Custom Tournament #5-1st Place(D3B)
Best FMO Score-Battle Theme #37(8.0.0.1)
Best AAA-Sword Strike
Best BF-Be Princess and Mute City Remix
Old 01-17-2011, 01:37 AM   #2169
ichliebekase
FFR Simfile Author

Heh, with you saying that Axel, it doesn't make me as upset about being pretty much out this round. But I gave fair warning about maybe being able to post. I don't want it to be a bitter victory for Andrew, I know he'd rather win fair and square too.

Also, I saw talk about vROFL. Yea, Frankie doesn't have it. If you were to [stupidly] pick that song as D6's final, then they can play it on the LD engine. Can't prove whether anything is legit or not, but at least I threw the knowledge out there.
Old 01-17-2011, 01:41 AM   #2170
Elite Ninja
Kawaii Desu
Difficulty Consulting Cat
Difficulty ConsultantFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBBx Takedown View Post
nope. back when I was a D3 player I got 0-0-0-3 on VB only because back then I played with 3 fingers instead of spread. Now I cant do crap on it and I am in D4 lol.

VB is a very biased song choice
Old 01-17-2011, 01:44 AM   #2171
ichliebekase
FFR Simfile Author

Doing well on VB has nothing to do with what division you are in/should be in. It's a stream song. Anyone who does well with stream will do well on VB. This mainly will apply to index people, but there are spread people who are really good at stream too. I'm good at stream to a certain BPM. Vertex BETA is too much for me to handle, yet I'm going to D4 next tournament.
Old 01-17-2011, 01:45 AM   #2172
xBBx Takedown
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Doing well on VB has nothing to do with what division you are in/should be in. It's a stream song. Anyone who does well with stream will do well on VB. This mainly will apply to index people, but there are spread people who are really good at stream too. I'm good at stream to a certain BPM. Vertex BETA is too much for me to handle, yet I'm going to D4 next tournament.
I'm actually really good at stream but this song makes me ;___;
Best AAA-Sword Strike
Old 01-17-2011, 01:47 AM   #2173
ichliebekase
FFR Simfile Author

Then you're like me, you can handle stream to a certain BPM.

No more complaints or I kill u.
Old 01-17-2011, 01:47 AM   #2174
ic0slay3r
Falangel <3
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Not only his performance in VB. Take a look at his lvl ranks :/

Quote:
Heh, with you saying that Axel, it doesn't make me as upset about being pretty much out this round. But I gave fair warning about maybe being able to post. I don't want it to be a bitter victory for Andrew, I know he'd rather win fair and square too.

Also, I saw talk about vROFL. Yea, Frankie doesn't have it. If you were to [stupidly] pick that song as D6's final, then they can play it on the LD engine. Can't prove whether anything is legit or not, but at least I threw the knowledge out there.
I'm pretty sure he said that as a joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Ninja View Post
nope. back when I was a D3 player I got 0-0-0-3 on VB only because back then I played with 3 fingers instead of spread. Now I cant do crap on it and I am in D4 lol.

VB is a very biased song choice
I know, when I was in D2 I was able to SDG it. I played index back then.

But yeah the song was picked, and I will not change the song now.

-------
Old 01-17-2011, 01:48 AM   #2175
xBBx Takedown
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Then you're like me, you can handle stream to a certain BPM.

No more complaints or I kill u.
<3
And ic0...my god his ranks were the same at the beginning lmfao.
Best AAA-Sword Strike
Old 01-17-2011, 01:51 AM   #2176
igotrhythm
Fractals!
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to igotrhythm

No, seriously I meant it. Going into this tournament, I was kinda-sorta hoping it would be me and Sara in the final, as we had been going at each other in the amateur scores thread for a while. To have it end this way is kind of anticlimactic, but I need to recover from banging out that Evo FC and getting in the teens on Runny. (Going off the approximation of 14 boos ~ 1 good, we get 12 + 1.8*3 + 4/14 ~ 12 + 5.4 + .28 = 17.68 goods.)
Old 01-17-2011, 01:56 AM   #2177
ic0slay3r
Falangel <3
FFR Veteran

Quote:
<3
And ic0...my god his ranks were the same at the beginning lmfao.
I thought he got them after the tourney started.
Oh welp, my bad, maybe I thought those scores where D3 material and nobody complained, so yeah.

-------
Old 01-17-2011, 02:00 AM   #2178
ichliebekase
FFR Simfile Author

I wish Axel and Dani wouldn't eliminate either of us XD then I could let my finger heal and I'll give you a real run for your money ;]

Mmmmm I can already feel the blister forming. Awesome. Feels like shit.

And I mentioned King's levelranks a while ago and it was ignored :/ I warned you!
Old 01-17-2011, 02:00 AM   #2179
xBBx Takedown
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ic0slay3r View Post
I thought he got them after the tourney started.
Oh welp, my bad, maybe I thought those scores where D3 material and nobody complained, so yeah.
Nobody was going to because then it would have turned to a bitch-fit fight.
Best AAA-Sword Strike

Last edited by xBBx Takedown; 01-17-2011 at 02:02 AM..
Old 01-17-2011, 02:06 AM   #2180
ichliebekase
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Nobody was going to because then it would have turned to a bitch-fit fight.
He is pretty right. I said something in about the 4th round-ish but I did it kind of subtly.
Closed Thread