Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > TWG Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-1-2017, 10:03 PM   #2121
blindreper1179
Vice President Of TGB
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to blindreper1179 Send a message via Skype™ to blindreper1179
Default Re: TWG CLXIX: TWGabout Revolution - GAME THREAD

Sun is usually full of himself, in a good way though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
It was like trying to throw logic at a fuckin brick wall lmao
Quote:
whats more dense, a black hole or an icyworld file
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celirra View Post
I've never been so disappointed by a man from Alabama than I am right now
Old 07-1-2017, 10:05 PM   #2122
the sun fan
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hateandhatred View Post
Screw you man, if I think about it, suggesting that "the other PR shouldn't claim" sounds bs. If one more claimed and there was another PR left, we would find out and frame you.

Also why have you insisted twice that the wolf kill MUST be sanz? Once in your read list, and not long ago when you said it is a bad kill. This is not an accusation, but its an element that stands out to me, so people can discuss this.
I smell a Sven Plan forming.
Please don't form a Sven Plan about this lmao.

FFR is a pretty good place somehow.
Old 07-1-2017, 10:07 PM   #2123
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
I guess I see this?

Look at the difference here.

Last game, it was a claim to win the game.

This game, its a claim to give town more information and help town move forward. This plan is basically suicidal as a wolf, considering the last 2 wolves would become a single wolf if I was fake, which is almost unwinnable for the wolves at this stage of the game.
Yeah that's why I said it was more paranoia than anything else. It's like saying I don't like sleeping in the dark because ghosts. If I had any substantial reason to not believe you I'd have said it. I'm just giving my thoughts on things as they come
Old 07-1-2017, 10:09 PM   #2124
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

This is also my second game with you so I don't have prior experience to go off of
Old 07-1-2017, 10:10 PM   #2125
Hateandhatred
"The Quebec Steparatist."
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
to say something that Amazon said last game, H&H

wolves kill people posting like sanzath
serial killers kill people posting like storn

its about 60% of what he said.

Lets say, hypothetically, I am a wolf fakeclaiming a role here. Two roles outing to kill a wolf is not a good trade for town. Firstly, it doesn't confirm that I am lying, it just confirms that someone is lying. Secondly, its not a good trade numerically, it gives the last 2 wolves and the sk prime nightkill targets, as well as eliminating two valuable town players for one potentially valuable wolf player.

Also, again hypothetically, if I am fake, then I will continue to live through the night (unless the SK doubts me for some strange reason or something), in which case either through flips or claims or a combination thereof, it would become readily apparent that I am fakeclaiming. Its not something that would need to be dealt with right now because I would have to continue to live a long-ass time in order to get away with this as a wolf, and that kind of thing just rarely gets pulled off by wolves, and usually its because town plays bad rather than the fakeclaiming wolf playing well.

I get the paranoia from you here, but its unfounded. There is not going to be 2 other role claims almost certainly, it would just be a shit-tier play for a wolf to trade themself for myself, and I would be pretty happy if that happened.

I guess to talk a bit more about why I think sanzath was wolfkilled and storn was killed by the sk, storn wasn't widely townread whereas sanzath was pretty townread towards the end of the phase, meaning that storn is a potential mislynch. Storn is a person that the wolves could have potentially mislynched, and there wasn't really anything there pointing towards or against him being a role iirc. Wolves rarely kill potential mislynch targets because its just dumb to do that, especially on the first night, which is the night killing power roles is best for the wolves.

Now, I don't think this is smart, but what I would guess happened is that the wolves looked at Sanzath's frustration at being pushed on, and incorrectly concluded that he was potentially a power role from the frustration (again, I think its dumb, but it feels like its what happened).

storn just makes sense as an SK kill given how he was read. Also, there is the thing Haku pointed out about Xiz killing his townreads as SK, but that's only a very minor thing.
Well that is fair enough, however I really want to hear what everyone thinks about this

I also think we should talk a little more about the SK. This is something wolves could technically also constribute to, and while I know Xiz is a prime SK suspect, we need development on the role I think.

On a sidenote, dad was released from the hospital today and is fine. I'm also off now due to a Billy Talent gig near my workplace, which means I'll be busy until the morning.
Old 07-1-2017, 10:11 PM   #2126
Hateandhatred
"The Quebec Steparatist."

Quote:
I smell a Sven Plan forming.
Please don't form a Sven Plan about this lmao.
soon.
Old 07-1-2017, 10:11 PM   #2127
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

@Sunfan

The idea of : "I want town credibility, but I want to remain a ~mysterious~ PR while still convincing you guys that I'm town."

smh

Why not just.. not even claim and work your way up with reads / progression etc. ?

I'm really confused about what made you post that in the first place because I feel like it's a risky play that wasn't necessary.

Having nothing to add on the table in terms of new information makes it suspicious as well. Even night actions that gave nothing is information.

You're also going to be at risk of a NK just because you claimed PR. It's not like wolves have anything better to lynch outside of like maybe the SK.

I feel like the Harry Potter part can be faked, but that may be just me being stubborn.

I think you're claiming PR like this in hope the SK think you're a wolf and target someone else.

tl;dr: I just don't like your claim regardless of alignment because I still feel like you had other options at this point.

If you're a wolf, you will not get NK'd and the SK will probably want to target a town and will avoid you. This is what is the most dangerous by far.

I can see you getting far in the game as wolf because the NK will never be on you and the SK will just keep sniping townies slowly and you can be like "I have no idea why I'm still alive" over and over.

So.. I guess you being alive depends on the premise of your role eventually getting information that changes the game.
Old 07-1-2017, 10:21 PM   #2128
lurker
ur worst nitemare

Quote:
to say something that Amazon said last game, H&H

wolves kill people posting like sanzath
serial killers kill people posting like storn

its about 60% of what he said.
it was vigi not SK
i know because the person who "obviously" got vig killed was me (FUCK YOU BLIND)
Old 07-1-2017, 10:26 PM   #2129
the sun fan
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
it was vigi not SK
i know because the person who "obviously" got vig killed was me (FUCK YOU BLIND)
I know, that's why I said it was about 60% of what he said

Old 07-1-2017, 10:28 PM   #2130
the sun fan
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
@Sunfan

The idea of : "I want town credibility, but I want to remain a ~mysterious~ PR while still convincing you guys that I'm town."

smh

Why not just.. not even claim and work your way up with reads / progression etc. ?

Because I don't have enough time to clear myself from people scumreading me like u and blind who are very persistent and would basically only be convinced by a claim like this.

Like I said, it was a perfect storm, I didn't even think I would be posting anymore tonight, so this is a pleasant

Old 07-1-2017, 10:28 PM   #2131
the sun fan
FFR Player

a pleasant surprise*

Old 07-1-2017, 10:29 PM   #2132
the sun fan
FFR Player

Quote:
If you're a wolf, you will not get NK'd and the SK will probably want to target a town and will avoid you. This is what is the most dangerous by far.

I can see you getting far in the game as wolf because the NK will never be on you and the SK will just keep sniping townies slowly and you can be like "I have no idea why I'm still alive" over and over.

So.. I guess you being alive depends on the premise of your role eventually getting information that changes the game.
This is not what the SK would do in almost every world if they thought I was a wolf, they'd blast my ass.

Old 07-1-2017, 10:35 PM   #2133
the sun fan
FFR Player

Essentially, I agree with you Haku. It seriously emotionally pained me to make the post where I claimed, and I almost didn't post it more than once because I was trying to psych myself up to reread the thread despite very limited time, but I'm just not able to do that this phase. I can't work my way up with reads/progression, which I do agree would be ideal, because of the time limitation.

I can't defend myself well enough partially because of the time limitation and partly because of the nature of people pushing on me as well as their case.

It SHOULD look bad for me that I was voting the person that KitB'd that is almost certainly not a wolf, I HAVE been playing kind of awkwardly (tbh rolling PR is probably the worst thing that could've happened to me; but w/e), so I guess for the last time since I kind of hate repeating the same phrase, but it really was a perfect storm.

I've never claimed like this, and it sucks. I've hurt town's chances of winning by being forced to claim in a situation like this. TBH, I probably won't remember this game fondly, and 95% of that is entirely my fault.

Again, I get what youu're saying, its basically all stuff that I was saying to myself before I considered claiming (sans the stuff from the wolf perspective for obv reasons).

Old 07-1-2017, 10:37 PM   #2134
the sun fan
FFR Player

given the time that I have I should probably redo reads if I can, so I'm gonna try to ISO Manti

Old 07-1-2017, 10:37 PM   #2135
FreezinIce
FFR Player

Let me preface this by saying that my big post was mostly what sunfan ended up saying in his post. Let me summarize what I was going to say.

Wolves have 2 main goals.

Kill blues
Survive as long as possible.

Sunfans claim runs counter to both these goals if he's scum. It makes blue hunting counter productive for him because the next blue that dies will cause him to out himself if he fake claimed. It puts an experation date on himself and brings his long term survival in question because we have a serial killer.

Overall it's a desperate and futile play that I would never see sunfan making as scum.

To let the world be.

========

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET
Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean
Lynch all liars is good meta. Period.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
My guess at this point is that there aren't actually any wolves, and all the humans are just going to kill each other until only a few are left. Then the remaining survivors will realize they are the real monsters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Ike View Post
SCUM THEATER AA SCUM CHARU WOLF ALIEN ROUNDBOX IS TOWN AND FRAMED
Old 07-1-2017, 10:40 PM   #2136
blindreper1179
Vice President Of TGB
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to blindreper1179 Send a message via Skype™ to blindreper1179

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
it was vigi not SK
Love you too bby. <3
Quote:
It was like trying to throw logic at a fuckin brick wall lmao
Quote:
whats more dense, a black hole or an icyworld file
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celirra View Post
I've never been so disappointed by a man from Alabama than I am right now
Old 07-1-2017, 10:43 PM   #2137
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I also have a hard time understanding that PR claim vs a full PR claim.

The roleblocker is out of the game, but if SK is unstoppable instead of vest, this could be your last day as town.

Therefore ???

@FreezinIce

If Sunfan didn't claim he was very likely to get lynched anyway.

This is technically what's keeping him alive right now.

I think Sunfan claiming here as wolf expand his life in the game and it can make the other PRs potentially claim because they may think Sunfan is fake.
Old 07-1-2017, 10:46 PM   #2138
FreezinIce
FFR Player

So it's time for everyone to stop tinfoiling on if sunfan is scum or not because the odds are overwhelmingly in favor of sunfan being legit, and it's something that will sort itself out eventually anyways.

It seems to be a theme that people have a hard time getting caught up favoring an obviously unlikely outcome.

Spend that energy elsewhere, sunfan being clear makes finding a good target on hates wagon even easier, which is something I plan on doing later, and I encourage everyone else to do the same.

To let the world be.

========

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean
Lynch all liars is good meta. Period.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
My guess at this point is that there aren't actually any wolves, and all the humans are just going to kill each other until only a few are left. Then the remaining survivors will realize they are the real monsters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Ike View Post
SCUM THEATER AA SCUM CHARU WOLF ALIEN ROUNDBOX IS TOWN AND FRAMED
Old 07-1-2017, 10:47 PM   #2139
lurker
ur worst nitemare

Quote:
Town:

lurker
XelNya
MML
Makilaz
Sanzath
thesunfan
Hakulyte
wayward vagabond
blindreper
DarkManticoreX2
mellonxcollie
MixMasterLar
Xiz

Wolf:

Hateandhatred
FreezinIce
flashflash account

SK:

inDheart
Quote:
The joke is that there's no way I have 3 wolves + 5 townies solved at this point.

I think you're just making me post this to dodge talking about what I quoted from you.
aite so between this and the whole "fourth wolf" thing this tells me two things:
first, that haku has no shame in shitposting for no good reason (this was a response to flash for fucks sake)
second, that haku has a painfully loose definition of the word "joke"
while likely coincidental, i think it is worth noting that his three wolf reads at this point were, in order, a hard VT claim, a hard blue claim, and a dead VT

Quote:
Steam Summer Sale kinda ruined my attention so far with this game.
laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame

Quote:
I think we should lynch DarkManticoreX2 because he's still alive.
again, probably coincidental, but indh ended up making this read in his first "serious" post and i don't think anyone talked about manti being possible scum before this

Quote:
I think you should PR hunt the red PRs only if that's even a thing in this setup.
okay, this one is hard
this could be considered a dumbtell as decidedly not red because every red in this setup has a PR of some kind
however (and i'm gonna hate saying this) if there were no reds with pregame actions he might have legitimately thought this as a red himself
i don't think that's as likely though, so my main concern is whether or not he is SK

then we have haku's red PR guide which, well...
Quote:
PR hunting a Manfred von Karma pretty much starts Day 1. Note that0 we have full role flips so if someone flips red as VT or PR it's going to be obvious it's fake.
obvious misunderstanding of the role he just fakeclaimed

Quote:
This game has no VW so they cannot get away with saying town lynched a wolf.
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Like fmpov you could be a nice Manfred Von Karma for targeting sunfan over the name of team québec.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Why is inDheart lock town for you?
Why is Makilaz scummy for you?
gonna keep this for reference

i got bored lol i think haku is strangely tunnel-ly even with him being upfront about it
Old 07-1-2017, 10:47 PM   #2140
the sun fan
FFR Player

Haku, if a PR claims hoping for their claim to kill me, it would literally be one of the worst plays I've ever seen. It would accomplish literally nothing. Here is a summary of what happens:

Player A: I claim role x, I think sunfan is not real here, if there is another role out there, please claim so we can lynch sunfan.

*twenty hours of crickets chirping*

Player A: Well shit.

Spending a longer time alive in the case that I'm a wolf only really means something if I get to live to the end of the game, which as Freezin corroborated, is the exact opposite of what my claim accomplishes.

Closed Thread