Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > Brag Board > Brag Board Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-5-2007, 01:34 PM   #20661
colt.45
WASHED UP
FFR Veteran

Default Re: FFR Scores

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite- View Post
rubix, you are either my idol or the best bser to ever come across this site. if that score is legit, it is possibly the best score ever gotten in ffr
Nah thats my nova pulser ;] srsly i whored that moar then all the games rubix has played in total LOL
Old 08-5-2007, 01:37 PM   #20662
jimerax
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jimerax Send a message via MSN to jimerax Send a message via Skype™ to jimerax

Quote:
Originally Posted by colt.45 View Post
Nah thats my nova pulser ;] srsly i whored that moar then all the games rubix has played in total LOL
2 perfs + miss on 0-framer >>>>>>>>>> perf + good on 2-framer

that score is rofl anyway
Old 08-5-2007, 01:37 PM   #20663
brothaice
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

In before Chrono Trigger AAA.
Old 08-5-2007, 01:37 PM   #20664
brothaice
FFR Simfile Author

Old 08-5-2007, 01:38 PM   #20665
colt.45
WASHED UP
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brothaice View Post
In before Chrono Trigger AAA.
i thought he aaa'd already??? rofl

Edit: does that mean you can get better than 7 goods on nova 0,o
PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THIS SONG RUBIX
I really don't want to see you try it once and AAA it =<

Last edited by colt.45; 08-5-2007 at 01:40 PM..
Old 08-5-2007, 01:40 PM   #20666
brothaice
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by colt.45 View Post
i thought he aaa'd already??? rofl
Read second post :/
Old 08-5-2007, 02:29 PM   #20667
Engler
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Sight-read AAA of bbblow

Old 08-5-2007, 02:31 PM   #20668
blindreper1179
Vice President Of TGB
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to blindreper1179 Send a message via Skype™ to blindreper1179

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
It was like trying to throw logic at a fuckin brick wall lmao
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
whats more dense, a black hole or an icyworld file
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celirra View Post
I've never been so disappointed by a man from Alabama than I am right now

Last edited by blindreper1179; 08-5-2007 at 02:44 PM..
Old 08-5-2007, 02:42 PM   #20669
Loot You
Banned
FFR Veteran

yeah go dell

Old 08-5-2007, 03:05 PM   #20670
Engler
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

What the hell is that, Loot You?
Old 08-5-2007, 03:49 PM   #20671
XXXsmittyXXX
Anxiety monster
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to XXXsmittyXXX Send a message via Skype™ to XXXsmittyXXX

a sexy score thats what.
Old 08-5-2007, 04:06 PM   #20672
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DarkManticoreX2

Oh hai

god I love autofail. #195

Better than robotix / MOG?

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.
Old 08-5-2007, 04:06 PM   #20673
cetaka
Dark Chancellor

Send a message via MSN to cetaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRubix View Post
Glitch layout (the spaces aren't showing up in the arrows but you get the idea):

*Around 298 combo*
<
<
>
^
V
<Glitch
>
>
<
V
^
>Glitch

*Then again at around ~307 combo post-Glitch #2*

^Glitch
>
^
V
<Glitch

>
^
V
<Glitch
>
^
V
<Glitch

< >
< >
< >
< >Glitch Glitch

(You can verify these locations yourself -- play the file normally and you'll see where the misses occur).

When I refer to a Normal arrow, I refer to an arrow that is just fine -- your standard, correctly-working arrow. A Glitch is an arrow that looks normal but really has an extra 0-framer with it (think two arrows fused into one slot with 0 distance between the two). When I refer to a general arrow number, I am referring to visible arrows (which include both Glitches and Normals, as in, what the arrows WOULD be excluding 0-framers if this file were glitch-free)

When you hit Perfect, a glitched arrow will show you judgment of 1 Perfect, 1 Miss (hit too soon and you get a Good/Miss or an Average/Miss). Either way, you WILL miss because you cannot technically press the same key twice simultaneously in the same spot to hit two arrows occupying the same space. There are eight glitched arrows in the whole song, and therefore you will get a minimum of 8 misses. This is not up for debate at all.

If you completely miss a glitched arrow, you actually miss 2 since you miss the seemingly Normal arrow and the 0-framer.

However, here's where things get strange. The glitched 0-framers are somehow dual-yielding. It was my understanding that the 0-framers are accessable due to timing irregularities of dual-fused arrows in the FFR engine.

When two arrows are slightly apart in a jack, you all know that timing windows overlap such that, given an early-to-late timing window of Averages->Goods->Perfects->Goods:
0 Framer: Miss + Perfect at best... theoretically
1 Framer: Average + Perfect at best
2 Framer: Good + Perfect at best
3+ Framer: Perfect + Perfect at best

For example, a 4-framer means that one of the Perfect windows for the first arrow of a jack is dominated by the early Average window of the second arrow. If you wait too long you allow the second arrow to get its timing window within reach, and so hitting the first note too late means you interact instead with the second arrow, yielding a miss on the first. This is what causes Av-Misses on 4-framers. Therefore, a 0-framer means every single frame of the first arrow is dominated by the frames of the second. Thus it would imply that hitting a 0-frame jack means one of the arrows will be totally ignored no matter what you do. However, this logic only seems to apply for spaced-out arrows where one is clearly before the other. When two arrows occupy the same space, it's like the game engine doesn't know how to assign priority. However, like low-framers, a Miss is usually assigned when you try to hit the "first" arrow too late, and this is no different from a 0-framer case, but the difference is that since the two arrows are one, you can technically hit the same arrow twice. It's like the game engine lacks a case-exception for this, and at this point, the game mechanics start to work differently.

This is why 8 Goods is not a minimum for the song -- you can hit a Glitched arrow as a Perfect (and at this point you will get a miss because of the aforementioned game mechanic), but then the arrow occupying the same space can be hit again. The key is to hit the Glitch arrow as early as possible which getting a Perfect, and then hitting the "same" arrow again as it moves PAST the early spot to a later spot STILL within the Perfect window. Notice that if you just hit the arrow once, you'll see another arrow slide on by with a Miss, and this will still happen if you hit the arrow twice, but this is indicative of the fact that 0-Framers can be hit twice -- once early, and once up its way up within the Perfect window. It's a very precise requirement to get two Perfects out of a glitched arrow, but it's possible (and on this song, using the background characters' heads as guides work well for determining when to strike early).

Main point: Glitched arrows with 0-framers will give you inevitable misses, but they also act as free extra arrows -- at best you can squeeze 2 Perfects + a Miss out of a Glitch arrow

Additional note:
Combos carry additional weight through glitched arrows. For instance, if you hit arrows 301-305 Perfect, before the glitch-miss of arrow 304 fully arises, you can actually add more than 304 to your combo even though you got a 304 combo in reality (since arrow 304 is the source of the miss). You can verify this by setting autofail to something just a bit higher than 304 Perfects and getting a Perfect on arrow 304 and its 0-framer in addition to arrow 305. You'll notice that even though you visually should have a 304 combo, you can get something like 305 or even 306 if you want the right arrow bad enough. This is why 315 is possible later but VERY hard to get. I don't even bother with it, because I usually end up with spatterings of Goods and Averages trying to roll the arrows JUST as they are available for hitting. I've never gotten a 315 but I have gotten a 314.

Regardless, if you only hit what is visible to you without regard for hitting the 0-framers hidden within the glitched arrows and went for perfect PA, you'd get 637 perfects and 8 misses. This means there are 8 potential Perfects to add through the 8 glitched arrows.

Now, the score you all saw was one with a 312 max combo, 637 Perfects, 4 Goods, 8 Misses, 1 Boo. People are saying it is impossible, but it is not -- just because some previous calculation was made that factored 8 Goods into a minimum doesn't mean it was a correct calculation. Try it yourselves.

In a perfect-perfect run, you'd get 645 Perfects and 8 Misses. This is the maximum achievable score (637 regular + 8 0-framers). Now, the Boo we can disregard because that was the result of a press where there was no arrow somewhere. The 8 misses is normal -- it means I did not miss anything else in that run other than the inevitable glitchmisses. 637 Perfects + 4 Goods is 641 total. This means I must have missed 4 0-framers because I did not hit 645. Now, I can tell you from memory that some of my Goods came from non-glitched arrows. I can't recall how many, but let me give you this hypothetical scenario that is equivalent in concept:

Say I get Perfects on absolutely everything, including the framers, up until Glitch #5. So far I have an additional 4 Perfects added to my score. The extra framers for Glitch #5, #6, #7, and #8 are ones that I miss entirely for whatever reason. Then I get a random four goods on normal arrows before the song ends. Now, if I hadn't hit the 0-framers for Glitches #1-#4, the extra four goods on normal arrows would mean I'd have 633 Perfects with the 4 Goods from the normal arrows for 637 steps total, which makes sense. But since I hit four of the 0-framers, I add 4 to this and get 641 (which indeed matches the total).

Therefore the score IS possible. And it did take me many more tries than 2 to achieve. Due to heavy BS calling, sometimes I either boo out/refresh the screen, and sometimes I just get lucky. My accuracy is usually pretty precise.

Now, the score. 660950 was the number. You can verify this in the picture I posted. Now, Smitty claimed the score breakdown was BS because rank 2 was somehow only achievable with a 313/314 combo or more, or something like that. But let me remind you:

"Each 1 combo is worth 1000 points, each perfect is worth 550, each good is worth 275, each average is worth 55, each boo is -20, and each miss is -310. Hope that helps." - From the Absolute Zero token post

Since every arrow was hit in this run plus the hidden arrows that contribute to each combo, a max combo of 312 means a base of 312,000, plus 637*550 + 4*275 - 8*310 - 1*20 = 660950.

Score is legit and it all adds up quite nicely.

The highest possible score then is a little uncertain, because a 315 combo would definitely put you on the upside, but you'd probably need to suffer an Average for it to get it in time before the Miss registers (which happens FAST). So the best possible score is probably 315 combo with 644 P 0 G 1A 8M 0B for a grand theoretical total of 666,775.

And yeah, I have been playing a little bit longer than most of you think, just not under any alias or anything. I'm not really a guy who came out of nowhere -- I've been familiar with many of the songs here for a while, and by looking at where glitches came out of the arrow woodwork during an otherwise fine run, I knew where the problematic arrows existed. I just didn't know the terminology of "framers" at the time -- I kinda assumed they were just invisible arrows, but really they're just glitchy.

So there you have it. Hope that explains things.

If you want to refute any of it, go for it.
qft

Old 08-5-2007, 04:12 PM   #20674
rel89
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to rel89

Old, but never posted it.

NEW RECORD.

Sight read.

Lawl, get it?
Tier Points: 206 (206 + 0 for 167 AAAs)

SM/GH3/FFR vids

Last edited by rel89; 08-5-2007 at 04:18 PM..
Old 08-5-2007, 04:18 PM   #20675
darkshark
Nothing.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to darkshark Send a message via MSN to darkshark Send a message via Yahoo to darkshark

I don't care how well you can explain how possible it is to AAA Chrono, to actually do it is just retarded.

Take all the best FFR players in the world, combine them and multiply their skill 10 fold and you don't match MrRubix, who in 1 month, ONE ****ING MONTH, completely obliterated all of our hard earned scores.

Next-to-impossible skill level.
Sorry but no....just....no.

Hax.

Old 08-5-2007, 04:27 PM   #20676
colt.45
WASHED UP
FFR Veteran

i got my average to 8 =3 pants to 92 yay
Old 08-5-2007, 04:31 PM   #20677
MrRubix
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkshark View Post
I don't care how well you can explain how possible it is to AAA Chrono, to actually do it is just retarded.

Take all the best FFR players in the world, combine them and multiply their skill 10 fold and you don't match MrRubix, who in 1 month, ONE ****ING MONTH, completely obliterated all of our hard earned scores.

Next-to-impossible skill level.
Sorry but no....just....no.

Hax.

This is something I seem to notice among many of the members of this community. Lots of assumptions without information. Please read the relevant posts in this thread and all is explained, especially if you read my post. I have not been a mere one-monther, and hitting the 0-framers is by far not impossible, and after some practice it's quite easy. Try it for yourself. It is not that difficult at all save a few glitches near the end. The trick is just being able to maintain focus enough to have very accurate timing for those glitch-spots.
Old 08-5-2007, 04:38 PM   #20678
rel89
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to rel89

July 2004 IS IN FACT one month of playing.
Tier Points: 206 (206 + 0 for 167 AAAs)

SM/GH3/FFR vids
Old 08-5-2007, 04:39 PM   #20679
MrRubix
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rel89 View Post

July 2004 IS IN FACT one month of playing.

To be honest, the only reason I started playing under this account was because I saw skill tokens being offered. They seemed like they'd be really fun to try for.
Old 08-5-2007, 04:49 PM   #20680
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DarkManticoreX2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRubix View Post

To be honest, the only reason I started playing under this account was because I saw skill tokens being offered. They seemed like they'd be really fun to try for.
Like this one?

#196, easiest of the 65's by far

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.