Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Critical Thinking
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2011, 07:12 PM   #181
Stewie7Griffin
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Drugs

I honestly don't understand why anyone would want to smoke marijuana. To me, if you smoke marijuana, I won't take anything you say seriously and have a judgement of ignorant upon you.

Yes, you can call me a hypocrite, as I have smoked marijuana, but because I have smoked it is the reason I make this judgement.

I smoked one puff of it a couple years back and didn't get anything out of it. So a few months later, I smoked a joint with my friend. I got pretty high. The only thing I got out of it was the feeling of complete ignorance. I couldn't even hold a conversation or focus on anything. It made me feel like my IQ was 60.

To me, if anyone likes to feel stupid and thinks it's relaxing, then you are stupid.

But then again:

Quote:
91 To each his sufferings: all are men,
92 Condemned alike to groan;
93 The tender for another's pain,
94 The unfeeling for his own.
95 Yet ah! why should they know their fate?
96 Since sorrow never comes too late,
97 And happiness too swiftly flies.
98 Thought would destroy their paradise.
99 No more; where ignorance is bliss,
100 'Tis folly to be wise.
Final Fantasy Last Battle Festival
Epidermis
Strangeprogram
Choprite
Novo Mundo

Could've swore I FC'd Thrash, but according to level stats it says I have 1 miss....
Stewie7Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 09:56 PM   #182
aperson
FFR Hall of Fame
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to aperson

Your whole argument presupposes that everyone is neurologically similar enough that marijuana is going to have the same effect on them. It also presupposes that all the kinds of marijuana are the same, which aside from the fact that there are two primary species, c. sativa and c. indica, there are many different strains between those two that have been bred for different genetics over time and have many different psychoactive features.

Beyond that, though, your argument supposes that there's absolutely no value in feeling dumb, which I don't think is true. If you ever get high again for some reason (standing by a growhouse that caught on fire, maybe?), why don't you pause to think about how you are feeling dumb and what things in your brain might have flipped around to cause the dumbness. Those are valuable insights into the working of your brain that you are glossing over.

But I wouldn't pay much attention to what I say I'm just a potsmokin hippie or something...

aperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 11:42 AM   #183
Stewie7Griffin
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson View Post
your argument supposes that there's absolutely no value in feeling dumb, which I don't think is true.
Which I kind of rebutted my own argument with the verse from a famous poem.
Final Fantasy Last Battle Festival
Epidermis
Strangeprogram
Choprite
Novo Mundo

Could've swore I FC'd Thrash, but according to level stats it says I have 1 miss....
Stewie7Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 08:00 PM   #184
fido123
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie7Griffin View Post
To me, if you smoke marijuana, I won't take anything you say seriously and have a judgement of ignorant upon you.
Sounds like you're a biggot

Seriously though marijuana is a mind altering drug. It doesn't dictate how you're going to think or thought process is going to play out. The way you feel when you're high is highly dependent off your mood, and mind in general. I know people who get depressed and paranoid when they smoke on a regular basis, and I know people who are happy and extremely successful and smoke all day everyday. I don't think weed does me, or anybody any favors really but it's fun and relaxing for me anyway, and helps me reflect upon things, but again it depends on my mood. If I'm in a bad situation when I'm high I tend to get more anxious than usual, and if I'm in a socially awkward situation I tend to be a bit more socially awkward. If you didn't have a good time while you were high that's understandable, but don't assume it's like that for everybody and just assume anybody who smokes it is retarded, it makes you look ignorant.
fido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 05:32 PM   #185
Without A Contraceptive
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsphyxZero View Post
I've actually been hooked up with a shroom connect for when I get back to Vegas. Anyone have anything to say about them?
ya dont pay more than 20 dollars for an eighth, i guess 25 or 30 at the very most but if they arent bomb (Walls Breath Maaaaaan im melting into the couch) then oooooops

overrated
headache
bring benzos for 5am when youre emaciated and cant sleep
uhhhhhh eat acid not mushrooms
just my thoughts

and dont worry kids pot wont kill you its just weed nothing to dislike or like just smoke it or dont end of story. quit smoking years ago all friends are stoners whatever eat drugs party have a good time be safe dont snort pain pills dont bump heroin dont have a lot of money and be able to find good blow

other than that youre good to go
Without A Contraceptive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 08:46 PM   #186
xXAll-ProXx
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

should i try salvia??????????
Old 03-24-2011, 08:48 PM   #187
ichliebekase
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXAll-ProXx View Post
should i try salvia??????????
Seen videos on youtube, it's only a couple minute trip. It's a really good trip but short. Look up some of the videos, some are pretty funny x]
Garden Party - Dance, level 38
ichliebekase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 09:58 PM   #188
xXAll-ProXx
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichliebekase View Post
Seen videos on youtube, it's only a couple minute trip. It's a really good trip but short. Look up some of the videos, some are pretty funny x]
oh wow. this looks more intense than weed. maybe even LSD? i saw a 200x trip and it looked scary lmfao
Old 03-25-2011, 12:24 AM   #189
MrGiggles
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MrGiggles Send a message via MSN to MrGiggles

Apparently salvia is a pretty awful trip for most people, but I do know one or two people who love it. It's probably worth trying once.

edit: Rather than just have everyone bombard you with "well i've never done it but" posts let's just link erowid and be done with it.

http://www.erowid.org/plants/salvia/salvia.shtml

Quote:
Depending on dosage, the Salvia divinorum experience can vary from a subtle, just-off-baseline state to a full-blown psychedelic experience. At higher doses users report dramatic time distortion, vivid imagery, encounters with beings, travel to other places, planets or times, living years as the paint on a wall or experiencing the full life of another individual. Needless to say these can be extremely powerful experiences and should only be attempted with a sitter. While most people remain unmoving during the experience, some individuals will attempt to get up and walk around while in a completely dissociated state.

While sub-threshold effects are somewhat innocuous--leading some people to be cavalier in subsequent experiences--once full effects are achieved, many people find S. divinorum to be unpleasantly overwhelming and more scary than fun. As has been found with pharmaceutical kappa-opioid agonists, Salvia divinorum is aversive for many who try it.

Last edited by MrGiggles; 03-25-2011 at 12:45 AM..
MrGiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 01:33 AM   #190
ddrxero64
FFR Player

Here's my view, no way I can read the whole thread, so my apologies if I've repeated something.

I've smoked weed before in high school. I do admit it was a bit of indirect pressure. They didn't ask me or tell me to do it, I just wanted to join my friends for that "I'm part of the group" feeling. It was high school, so don't try to criticize. I definitely felt the high, and most I can explain is that colors were more vibrant and everything was a bit funnier. I fell asleep shortly after cracking up for five minutes at the fact that I was cracking up for five minutes (I didn't know why I was laughing, but that was the funny part).

Marijuana isn't a problem for me. It's more of a social idea that it's bad. There was a time when alcohol was illegal and weed wasn't. When government realized outlawing alcohol wasn't a solution to preventing these things (people just turned to alternatives), they made it legal again. If I'm not mistaken, weed became illegal for a company's selfish reasons (this is all out of my head, don't have time to research).

I also don't like how cigarettes aren't illegal. I guess it's because people can drive and smoke without problems. Preventing accidents on roads is credible. But cigarettes are way more damaging (directly). It causes numerous health problems. Marijuana, on the other hand, can be just as damaging (indirectly) if not handled properly. Just like alcohol, it wouldn't be smart to drive or perform other dangerous tasks while high.

As for drugs like LSD,shrooms, meth, and "harder" drugs, those are definitely ones you'd want to make illegal. They are not only addictive and damaging, but are can even kill people when used improperly (injections). In a practical view, marijuana is probably less damaging than alcohol. In a real view, alcohol has become a part of society. Businesses make tons of money a year, and making alcohol illegal would be the same as digging your grave. The way education works, people view marijuana as a nasty drug, but don't put that emphasis on cigarettes. That is probably why more people rather smoke weed than cigarettes. The idea of the more you can't have it, the more you want it.

Last note, marijuana isn't addictive. Also, the use of vaporizers actually filter the smoke and give you just the vapors of the plant, making you get the effects without most of the damaging smoke. You can't filter alcohol, you can only water it down.

For the tl;dr people: Don't even bother responding, I made my whole point. Summarizing this would be dumbing it down.

Edit: Read rushy's post on the first page. He brought up alcohol being illegal before, and the driving thing. So I guess I'm on the right track with my opinion.

Last edited by ddrxero64; 03-25-2011 at 01:39 AM..
ddrxero64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 09:15 AM   #191
Without A Contraceptive
FFR Player

funny how acid and mushrooms are always listed in the Addictive and Damaging category...
Without A Contraceptive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 09:49 AM   #192
ddrxero64
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Without A Contraceptive View Post
funny how acid and mushrooms are always listed in the Addictive and Damaging category...
Well because they are lol

A shrooms trip is a lot more violent (whether good trip or bad trip) and lasts for hours. People go through some bad hallucinations. Same for dropping acid.
Old 03-25-2011, 07:40 PM   #193
Vendetta21
Sectional Moderator
Sectional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Vendetta21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrxero64 View Post

A shrooms trip is a lot more violent (whether good trip or bad trip) and lasts for hours. People go through some bad hallucinations. Same for dropping acid.
Shrooms are pleasant and easy and you remain pretty cogent.
Old 03-26-2011, 01:51 PM   #194
fido123
FFR Player

Quote:
Damaging...maybe but they're not addictive in any way. Personally I think all drugs should be legal cause I disagree with governments making these kinds of decisions for people.
fido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 01:15 AM   #195
ffraxis
FFR Player

most hallucinogenic psychedelics have the lowest addictive rate (except ketamine and certain others), and are consumed in extremely low doses that it will not have a direct physical effect like any stimulant or opiate. Unless you were to consume a large dose of lets say LSD, DMT or 4-AcO-DMT, you will not die, but if you were to have a bad trip, you would be mentally exhausted and mentally anguished. That being said, if you decided to plop down a tab or pill or smoke something at an inappropriate time/area where you are not confident, you do deserve the bad trip, but it still sucks for you.
ffraxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 11:30 AM   #196
ddrxero64
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
Shrooms are pleasant and easy and you remain pretty cogent.
Hm, you must be getting a lot of good trips then. I wouldn't be surprised, it can go either way, not that I've taken it. Purposely poisoning oneself to force a hallucinogenic reaction is really intimidating for me (the idea). But, from what I hear, there are good trips-

And there are the people who cry in terror because they claim a lion is under their bed and out to get them.

lol, doesn't sound so pleasant.
Old 03-27-2011, 11:41 AM   #197
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to korny

Quote:
Hm, you must be getting a lot of good trips then. I wouldn't be surprised, it can go either way, not that I've taken it. Purposely poisoning oneself to force a hallucinogenic reaction is really intimidating for me (the idea). But, from what I hear, there are good trips-

And there are the people who cry in terror because they claim a lion is under their bed and out to get them.

lol, doesn't sound so pleasant.
First of all the whole eating shrooms is food poisoning is a myth among myths so you're actually just eating mushrooms which are natural so you're completely fine there. Second, no one cries in terror because they claim a lion is under their bed and out to get them while on mushrooms or anything of the like. People have bad trips on shrooms, but nothing like what you're suggesting.
korny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 07:36 PM   #198
ddrxero64
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by korny View Post
Second, no one cries in terror because they claim a lion is under their bed and out to get them while on mushrooms or anything of the like. People have bad trips on shrooms, but nothing like what you're suggesting.
My friend is one funny dude. We couldn't help but crack up as he cried in the corner pointing at the lion that wasn't there. Not sure about the myth and I'm guessing you're right, but yea, people do have bad trips. This actually happened.
Old 03-27-2011, 07:49 PM   #199
Lapris
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffraxis View Post
Whats your opinion on drugs? All of us have done drugs at least once in our life (even if we didn't know that said substance is considered a drug) legal or illegal.

Do you support specific drugs? Why do you support these drugs? What are the pros/cons to this drug? Do you support drug groups, anti-drug groups? Do you support the business behind it or no?

Please, do tell.

Also in trying to support your point of view please pull some actual facts.
Personally, I just think drugs are bad.
I used to smoke weed for awhile back around 2008-2010. I stopped smoking it along with drinking alcohol. My days seem a lot better after I quit the drugs. Especially when I don't have to be so dependent on them.
I could care less if someone has some sort of addiction to any drug or does drugs in general from time to time. That's their personal decision. That's their life.
Lapris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 09:35 PM   #200
kommisar
Dark Chancellor
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to kommisar Send a message via MSN to kommisar

shrooms have about as much chance to give you food poisoning as any other foods you find in the wild. It really varies but I guess you could just wash them or whatev and it's the same as plucking a carrot from your garden. I could go on a rant about food-borne illnesses but wrong thread.