Old 05-13-2022, 12:03 AM   #1
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger
Default 15th Official Tournament

Welcome to the 15th Official Tournament!

Most of this post is copied over from the 14th official because the rules are the same, mechanics are the same.

Please read carefully.

I. HOW TO SIGN UP
CLICK THIS LINK HERE: http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...ent/signup.php

Signups are open until June 30th, 11:59PM SERVER TIME.

Your name will not show up on the dashboard until you are placed into a division, so please do not worry if you don't see it right away. We'll let everyone know when we have everyone placed.

II. TOURNAMENT OVERVIEW/INFORMATION
This tournament is scheduled to start on July 1st at 12:00 AM server time.

There will be eight divisions in this tournament – Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, Expert, Master, Guru, Legend, and Godly. These divisions are typically addressed by their numerical order, with D1 being Beginner, and D8 being Godly. Upon registration of the tournament, you will be placed in a list with all other players that have signed up to the tournament, and will be placed accordingly based off of your overall skill and accomplishments in regards to the game. You will not be signing up for a particular division – your division placement will be handled internally. Keep in mind, there is not a limit to the number of participants in this tournament, or the number of competitors within a given division. However, large divisions will see larger people cut in earlier rounds.

Scores will be automatically recorded to the tournament dashboard LOCATED HERE. This is a real-time tool that displays scores which opponents have obtained during the current and previous rounds, and it is color coordinated according to your status in the round (and in the tournament). All scores listed in the dashboard are based on unadjusted (raw) scoring.

Green means you have obtained a perfect score for the round, beige/grey means that you are currently safe, yellow means you are in danger of elimination, and red means that you were eliminated in a previous round.

On the main screen of the dashboard, you will see numbers like this:

xxxx-8-5-3-1

...these numbers indicate the number people advancing to the next round. If there are ties in scores, the dashboard will report everyone with the same score as safe, even if it causes the round to have more people advance than expected.

III. TOURNAMENT RULES
In order to be eligible for participation, we highly recommend to at least have 500 games played, with 100 unique songs FULLY played. If you do not meet this requirement, you may be contacted regarding other rhythm game accounts (Osu, Etterna, Quaver, etc.) for a comparable level of play, or risk being removed from the participant list, and you will not receive a division placement. Please ensure that you meet these requirements before clicking the signup button! If you do not, consider sending a Direct Message to the tournament hoster ahead of time to expedite the process of checking alternative accounts.

This tournament will be eight rounds long, with each round lasting a week. Every division will receive their own song, every round, and there will be a specified number of people advancing to each round, dependent on the division’s size. If ties happen in such a way where more competitors advance than are specified for the given round, one of two situations will occur:

- if the tie occurs before a prize round, all people involved in a tie will advance.
- If the tie occurs during a round where advancing means you receive a prize, a tiebreaker will be played. Tiebreakers last 24 hours.

If you do not submit a positive score above 0 by the end of the round, you will be eliminated. Late scores will NOT be accepted under any circumstances, because it is an elimination tournament.

If for any reason a score does not record, take a screenshot AND save a replay after you have restored connectivity. That way, I can definitively verify that you did obtain that score. I will not be adding scores without this form of proof.

It goes without saying: CHEATING IS STRICTLY FORBIDDEN. Anyone caught cheating in this tournament will receive a minimum punishment of forum banishment, and will be considered for more severe punishment. As mentioned in the FFR forum rules, using a bot or trainer is grounds for score removal, and other implicit methods of score boosting like account sharing will result in further reprimand. Do not try to circumvent rules with loopholes. You may not use an alternate account in an effort to be put in a lower division. Chances are, if it’s questionable, it shouldn’t be done. In addition to this -- if you have cheated in previous tournaments, I reserve the right to deny your entry in the tournament. Decisions are final, and if you are told that you are not allowed to enter, you are NOT allowed to enter.

Be respectful to everyone involved in the tournament! Arguments with tournament staff or with other users will not be tolerated. Use this time to have a good time with other competitors, and bond in the spirit of competition.

If you happen to have any issues with placements, do not post them in any threads. Instead, send a private message to me via FFR, or send me a message on Discord at Goldstinger#8592 I will do my best to respond to everyone in regards to everything. Continual disregard of this rule will result in removal from the tournament.

IV. Prizes

If anyone is interested in donating prizes, you are more than welcome to do so (as it has occurred in the past). However, prizes need to be confirmed by me before being listed on the OP as an official prize, as it needs to be ensured that they are received. If you opt into providing a prize, confirm with me, and do not deliver, you will be severely reprimanded.

View prize information by clicking the spoiler.

1st in D8: 850,000 credits, and a 1st place medal on your profile.
1st in D7: 800,000 credits, choice of 3 support and/or event tokens and a 1st place medal on your profile.
1st in D6: 675,000 credits, choice of 3 support and/or event tokens, and a 1st place medal on your profile.
1st in D5: 550,000 credits, choice of 3 support and/or event tokens, and a 1st place medal on your profile.
1st in D4: 450,000 credits, choice of 3 support and/or event tokens, and a 1st place medal on your profile.
1st in D3: 350,000 credits, choice of 3 support and/or event tokens, and a 1st place medal on your profile.
1st in D2: 275,000 credits, choice of 3 support and/or event tokens, and a 1st place medal on your profile.
1st in D1: 200,000 credits, choice of 3 support and/or event tokens, and a 1st place medal on your profile.

2nd in D8: 600,000 credits, and a 2nd place medal on your profile.
2nd in D7: 550,000 credits, a choice of 2 support and/or event tokens and a 2nd place medal on your profile.
2nd in D6: 450,000 credits, a choice of 2 support and/or event tokens, and a 2nd place medal on your profile.
2nd in D5: 350,000 credits, a choice of 2 support and/or event tokens, and a 2nd place medal on your profile.
2nd in D4: 275,000 credits, a choice of 2 support and/or event tokens, and a 2nd place medal on your profile.
2nd in D3: 200,000 credits, a choice of 2 support and/or event tokens, and a 2nd place medal on your profile.
2nd in D2: 150,000 credits, a choice of 2 support and/or event tokens, and a 2nd place medal on your profile.
2nd in D1: 100,000 credits, a choice of 2 support and/or event tokens, and a 2nd place medal on your profile.

3rd in D8: 400,000 credits, and a 3rd place medal on your profile.
3rd in D7: 350,000 credits, a choice of 1 support or event token, and a 3rd place medal on your profile.
3rd in D6: 275,000 credits, a choice of 1 support or event token, and a 3rd place medal on your profile.
3rd in D5: 200,000 credits, a choice of 1 support or event token, and a 3rd place medal on your profile.
3rd in D4: 150,000 credits, a choice of 1 support or event token, and a 3rd place medal on your profile.
3rd in D3: 100,000 credits, a choice of 1 support or event token, and a 3rd place medal on your profile.
3rd in D2: 75,000 credits, a choice of 1 support or event token, and a 3rd place medal on your profile.
3rd in D1: 50,000 credits, a choice of 1 support or event token, and a 3rd place medal on your profile.

4th through 8th in D8: 250,000 credits, and a top 8 medal on your profile.
4th through 8th in D7: 200,000 credits, and a top 8 medal on your profile.
4th through 8th in D6: 150,000 credits, and a top 8 medal on your profile.
4th through 8th in D5: 100,000 credits, and a top 8 medal on your profile.
4th through 8th in D4: 75,000 credits, and a top 8 medal on your profile.
4th through 8th in D3: 50,000 credits, and a top 8 medal on your profile.
4th through 8th in D2: 37,500 credit, and a top 8 medal on your profile.
4th through 8th in D1: 25,000 credit, and a top 8 medal on your profile.

ADDITIONALLY:

-Competitors that are INVOLUNTARILY placed in D8 and complete the tournament (submit for every round they are present and should be active) will receive all event and support tokens, as well as receive a custom forum title indicating that they are a D8 player.
-Competitors that are INVOLUNTARILY placed in D7 and complete the tournament (submit for every round they are present and should be active) will receive Unconnected., as well as receive a custom forum title indicating that they are a D7 player.
-Competitors that place 16th or better in a division will automatically receive Fractured Sunshine.
-Competitors that place 8th or better in a division will receive STRANGEPROGRAM v0.
-Competitors that place 17th or lower will recieve FREEDOM DiVE (k. far a. day mix) (In addition, you may also unlock this token by being involuntarily placed in D8, or attaining 16th or higher in an Official Tournament while already having Fractured Sunshine.)

ADDITIONALLY CONTRIBUTED PRIZES:

- There will be some BRAND NEW Event Tokens and Skill Tokens coming out alongside song releases for this Tournament! The first chance to unlock these new tokens come from participating in this tournament!

V. Tournament FAQ
Q: How do I sign up for this tournament?
A: Go to the sign-up page and click the large button on this page: http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...ent/signup.php

Q: How are scores submitted?
A: Scores are submitted automatically to the tournament dashboard. If you want to see how you are doing in regards to your other competitors, click this link: http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/tournament

Q: What division am I in?
A: You can see what division you are listed in by checking the tournament dashboard. If you do not see your name in a division but do see your name in the participants list, it is because placements are not up yet. Be patient – placements won’t be finished until just before the start of the tournament.

Q: I’ve degraded in skill – can I be in a lower division?
A: Unfortunately, you will not be placed off of your current skill, but rather the skill that is reflected in your level ranks (public and token). Gauging current skill is incredibly risky and can ruin the overall tournament experience, especially if someone improves unexpectedly due to being placed in a lower division for skill degradation. Do your best – each round is a week long, and you can accomplish a lot in that week if you try.

Q: Can you release the songs for the next round early?
A: No, I cannot. Because this is an elimination tournament, everyone needs to have the same time allotment for each round.

Q: When will I receive my prizes?
A: Credit, token, and profile prizes will be handed out at the end of the tournament. If you were supposed to receive a prize and have not, send me a Discord message or a FFR Direct Message and I will resolve the issue as soon as possible.

Q: Will there be preview streams?
Yes! You'll be able to find us live on Thursday evenings each week on https://www.twitch.tv/officialffr with previews for the rounds. I will of course save the video for those who cannot make it during the live time.

Good luck everyone!

- Tosh 2014

Last edited by gold stinger; 09-23-2022 at 05:26 PM..
gold stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 12:04 AM   #2
Velocity
Doing the wrong thing the right way since 2010.
Site and Game Administrator
AdministratorRetired StaffDeveloperFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: 15th Official Tournament

yo
Velocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 12:05 AM   #3
Psychotik
Heckin' Cute
Difficulty ConsultantFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

hi
I want me a grrrl that will call me at 4 in the morning and ask me what my best is on Ants.
Psychotik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 12:05 AM   #4
Zlyice
Slightly unpronounceable
Lead Difficulty Consultant
Difficulty ConsultantFFR Veteran

OT announcement already?
Zlyice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 12:06 AM   #5
FlynnMac
Boom.
Local FFR Person
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

goldstinger is putting me in D6 help
Old 05-13-2022, 12:10 AM   #6
Skayles
🍓 おいしい女子。。。🍓
The Cheesiest Mommy
Difficulty ConsultantFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

WEDGELORDS SUMMER COOKOUT 2022

Skayles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 12:27 AM   #7
ositzxz369
Venetian Snares stepper
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

lookin' forward to competitively smack some cheeks, preferably of the top half
Old 05-13-2022, 01:04 AM   #8
gold stinger
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ositzxz369 View Post
lookin' forward to competitively smack some cheeks, preferably of the top half
Please don't wreck the tournament with another copy of Cobra Commander, daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlynnMac View Post
goldstinger is putting me in D6 help
I'm putting you in D8

- Tosh 2014

Last edited by gold stinger; 05-13-2022 at 01:05 AM..
Old 05-13-2022, 01:18 AM   #9
storn42
RIP Storn D0-D0

cant wait to add a D6 badge to my collection this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
"I think storn is town but he doesn't have a shirt on" - Roundbox
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
I have beat my meat to storn's posts no less than four times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post

storn42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 01:41 AM   #10
Lights
owo
Head of Events Team
Event StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

OT 15 already? Guess its time to start playing again.
Lights is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 02:26 AM   #11
ositzxz369
Venetian Snares stepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger View Post
Please don't wreck the tournament with another copy of Cobra Commander, daddy
Even if I were able to step another aural masterpiece such as Cobra Commander (e.g. Whitey's Ice), I doubt you'd have the cherries to share it amongst the competitive masses!
Old 05-13-2022, 03:28 AM   #12
QwertyVibin
Reverse procrastinator
FFR Veteran

ay

QwertyVibin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 03:54 AM   #13
Eryyy
Godly
D8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Old 05-13-2022, 04:09 AM   #14
Elite Ninja
Kawaii Desu
Difficulty Consulting Cat

Forever stuck in D6 let's go. Been forever since I last competed in an OT. At least this time I've de-rusted some so maybe I'll make it a few rounds in. D6 is harder than it used to be.

Last edited by Elite Ninja; 05-13-2022 at 04:10 AM..
Elite Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 04:34 AM   #15
NotSpiralingEnough
Minijacks Do Not Exist
D8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

dee times six
Old 05-13-2022, 07:01 AM   #16
Rapta
🡸Index🡻Is🡹Fun!🡺
Global ModeratorMultiplayer ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Excite.
Note the left hand pinky. It stretches out into attack mode to make etienne's hand appear larger, an intimidation technique for the arrows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mourningfall
[3:51 PM] Mourningfall: i spent the second half of that song getting face fucked by a fly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
Hi I see rapta come play TWG next game
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXOpkillerXx View Post
Rapta thinks alot about memes and fonts. I'd be inclined to think he's town because wolves wouldn't have time to meme would they ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prawnskunk
if we keep releasing engines that work on 1/4 of people's computers, we'll get there
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger
do u even agrabah
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger
Today at 12:53 AM
I have no fucking idea how you were able to identify that specific line from meme show so you are basically an elder god of memes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychotik
When I think Mother’s Day, I think Venetian Snares.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haku
have you heard someone mention eating pancakes to negate friday 13th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prawnskunk at 10:53:56pm on 10/26/11
OMFG VC! I want your programming fingers in or around my mouth OnO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storn at 3:03 PM
We have so many batches open. Its like a backlog clearance sale. ALL FILES MUST GO!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToonE156 at 11:07 PM
You've never felt intimacy until you've practiced Jiu Jitsu ground techniques with the only girl in class
Rapta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 07:30 AM   #17
ToonE156
D7 Elite Keymasher
D7 Elite Keysmasher

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I NEVER thought I would wake up to this lmao
If accuracy is not your middle name, my balls smell like lavender and honey.

Last edited by ToonE156; 05-13-2022 at 07:39 AM..
ToonE156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 07:54 AM   #18
gold stinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Ninja View Post
Forever stuck in D6 let's go. Been forever since I last competed in an OT. At least this time I've de-rusted some so maybe I'll make it a few rounds in. D6 is harder than it used to be.
iono, that Pandora AAA 2 weeks ago lookin kinda sussy

- Tosh 2014

Old 05-13-2022, 08:00 AM   #19
Skayles
🍓 おいしい女子。。。🍓
The Cheesiest Mommy

hi hello i'm here to derust and get top 3 d6

Skayles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 10:39 AM   #20