Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2020, 09:01 PM   #1661
TWG Julian
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG 193: Animal Crossing [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Fauna View Post
I’m confused, have you had a 100% success rate in reads before this moment? Being confident in our own reads is how we and everyone else wins this game for town, don’t use confidence as a cop out
outing or helping to out two important PRs back to back is just a huge kick in the ass and it makes me paranoid that i'm going to do it again. i'm still going to read and offer reads and push on what i feel is right, but i'm not going to do a big huge multi-paragraph effortpost given what's happened
Old 03-11-2020, 09:02 PM   #1662
TWG Punchy
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dora View Post
its hard for me to sit here looking at my reads going "I am right" when almost EVERYONE else is sour on julian.

either im really right or really wrong about him. But gut says he's town, in addition to the reasons of my wagon post.

im not strictly evaluating his play because his play has been all over the place
He's still keeping up the "interacting with every other player" thing going on. It looks like Eugene has earned that card too, but his recent comment about the PI outing reminds me of Phil saying a similar thing about the blocker. Maybe I'm just thinking too big about optimal plays and putting unneeded pressure on these two.

Nah, I'll stick with my gut. It usually tells me what to eat. I'll keep those beats in mind for now.
Old 03-11-2020, 09:03 PM   #1663
TWG Cherry
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Punchy View Post
I'll keep those beats in mind for now.
more like you'll keep those beets in mind eh what what
Old 03-11-2020, 09:05 PM   #1664
TWG Cherry
FFR Player

and with that i'm going to bed goodnight what what
Old 03-11-2020, 09:07 PM   #1665
TWG Agent S
FFR Player

I still think this is a Julian-sum game in terms of talking wolf team. I find it really hard to look elsewhere, when after reading and commenting on the stuff that sticks out to me, 75% of what sticks out, is Julian.

If Julian is not wolf, then I can definitely fathom a wolf in rolf/julian/mathilda. Those 3 have been the most off-putting for me.
Old 03-11-2020, 09:07 PM   #1666
TWG Rolf
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Punchy View Post
He's still keeping up the "interacting with every other player" thing going on. It looks like Eugene has earned that card too, but his recent comment about the PI outing reminds me of Phil saying a similar thing about the blocker. Maybe I'm just thinking too big about optimal plays and putting unneeded pressure on these two.
Bit of a difference there between PI and Blocker outing though. We can still get good use out of the Blocker so they should obviously stay hidden, while the PI would just be a clear slot if Dora flips acquistioner
Old 03-11-2020, 09:09 PM   #1667
TWG Fauna
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Agent S View Post
I still think this is a Julian-sum game in terms of talking wolf team. I find it really hard to look elsewhere, when after reading and commenting on the stuff that sticks out to me, 75% of what sticks out, is Julian.

If Julian is not wolf, then I can definitely fathom a wolf in rolf/julian/mathilda. Those 3 have been the most off-putting for me.

Yea if Julian is not a wolf then Julian is definitely a wolf
Old 03-11-2020, 09:12 PM   #1668
TWG Julian
FFR Player

argghhhh, i'll suck it up and effortpost, but only for my fellow townies!
Old 03-11-2020, 09:13 PM   #1669
TWG Apollo
FFR Player

Agent S - "Flurry I still think is quite town, despite dropping off of a bit from yesterday. I assume that the reason behind it because it's a bit open and shut situation for today."

I'm too lazy to edit the post on my phone but I don't think the reasoning behind this is good. If anything choosing to bounce because the lunch target is secured is sketchy at best
Old 03-11-2020, 09:14 PM   #1670
TWG Eugene
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Del View Post
posting at the start/mid of phase when it doesn't matter nearly as much, then ducking for the rest is inherently wolfy

change my mind

also reminder that I'll be out for EoD
Did you not see my post that I'm at work right now?

I'm hardly ducking out. I have a lot of shit to do and my attention is very divided
Old 03-11-2020, 09:14 PM   #1671
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Apollo View Post
I'm too lazy to edit the post on my phone but I don't think the reasoning behind this is good. If anything choosing to bounce because the lunch target is secured is sketchy at best
What do you even want me to do ?
Old 03-11-2020, 09:15 PM   #1672
TWG Agent S
FFR Player

Quote:
<_______<

You understand what I'm getting at.

Granted, I would have to check back on Rolf if Julian flips green. Also haven't ruled out an anti-town that is not going about getting themselves caught, and actually putting in some level of town work.

Despite that though, I think there is a really good town base that is going to be around for a while, as wolves attempt to clear out PR claims. I'm pretty happy with Eugene & Phil leading the charge on that.
Old 03-11-2020, 09:15 PM   #1673
TWG Eugene
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Rolf View Post
Bit of a difference there between PI and Blocker outing though. We can still get good use out of the Blocker so they should obviously stay hidden, while the PI would just be a clear slot if Dora flips acquistioner
This was more or less what I was getting across. our PI is a guaranteed clean slot that we never touch
Old 03-11-2020, 09:16 PM   #1674
TWG Eugene
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Julian View Post
argghhhh, i'll suck it up and effortpost, but only for my fellow townies!
Ladies and gentlemen, strap yourselves in! Julian's going in
Old 03-11-2020, 09:17 PM   #1675
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Eugene View Post
This was more or less what I was getting across. our PI is a guaranteed clean slot that we never touch
I mean, it just means they die next. That's kinda useless unless the pool of player is small and town need that information to seal the game.
Old 03-11-2020, 09:17 PM   #1676
TWG Eugene
FFR Player

Quote:
Fauna can you elaborate on this post please? It's hurting my brain
Old 03-11-2020, 09:18 PM   #1677
TWG Agent S
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Apollo View Post
Agent S - "Flurry I still think is quite town, despite dropping off of a bit from yesterday. I assume that the reason behind it because it's a bit open and shut situation for today."

Fair enough observation. Definitely not as town as I'd have hoped since the d0 read I gave out, just making note of where I assume a bit of the activity going in comparison to d0.
Old 03-11-2020, 09:18 PM   #1678
TWG Maple
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Agent S View Post
Apollo hasn't really contributed much from what I can view, besides some chirping here and there on the topic. They're still a hard null for me. I may need to do an iso tonight.

Boomer is pretty obvious vigi at this point. Town.

Cherry I'm leaning even more-so Town for a lot of world building and mindmelding that I'm coming up with.

Chief I talked about earlier, link to that:

Del pretty certain that it's Cop. Town.

Dora pretty certain that it's Acq. Anti-town.

Chrissy is a super hard null for me, a bit below Apollo. There really isn't much to go off of, and a lot of what they've put out comes across to me as not fully up-to-date on what's happening in-thread, so a lot of the content is outdated.

Fauna I'm seeing as confused town. I'd love to see where their headspace is at, but falls into a town lean.

Flurry I still think is quite town, despite dropping off of a bit from yesterday. I assume that the reason behind it because it's a bit open and shut situation for today.

Julian would be my next vote after Dora, unless a cop check goes through somehow. Biggest wolf lean.

Maple has been making mismatched plays imo. A lot of theorycrafting on night phase, which I would assume it's pretty simple. I'm not a super fan of it, it's a low town lean for me. They're putting in effort, just not the effort that super benefits town, more like pushes it along.

Mathilda is still a majority inactive read for me. Hasn't really contributed all that much.

Eugene has done an astonishing amount of background work in this game. And while some people might disagree with his view, I don't think I've ever seen a wolf dedicate this much time into a game, they're definitely inspired imo. They are firmly town to me.

Molly is a hit/miss with me. Sometimes the stuff they say resonates with me, and other times I facepalm. Along the lines of confused town in a similar manner that Maple is playing.

Phil is pretty lock town for me. Similar to Eugene, contributed a lot to both mechanic and thought on how people are playing, lots of which I tend to agree with.

Punchy I'd like to town lean, but I want to do an iso to see if I still feel that way on it.

Rolf I'm still perceiving as a scum lean, primarily of d0 interaction with Julian. If Julian flips town, then Rolf would probably look a lot better. d1 content they've put out hasn't really helped support their own case.

Tank imo is trying to contribute to town in their own way, but similar to Molly it's hit/miss. I'd be ok with town lean, but I wouldn't be surprised if that changed in the near future. Not really finding much basis in what he's had to say with his vote on Chief.
I am literally the only person not making assumptions about the night phase WHAT ARE YOU SAYING
Old 03-11-2020, 09:19 PM   #1679
TWG Fauna
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Eugene View Post
Fauna can you elaborate on this post please? It's hurting my brain

Read Agents post again
Old 03-11-2020, 09:19 PM   #1680
TWG Apollo
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Flurry View Post
What do you even want me to do ?
Oh so you are checking the thread

Idk check up on your other wolf leans. Comment on stuff people are saying that seems weird or off.
Closed Thread