Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-2017, 03:02 PM   #21
Rapta
🡸Index🡻Is🡹Fun!🡺
Global ModeratorMultiplayer ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Been playing for a while and my improvement kinda stagnated. how do i git gud?

It was a picture.. hang on
Note the left hand pinky. It stretches out into attack mode to make etienne's hand appear larger, an intimidation technique for the arrows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mourningfall
[3:51 PM] Mourningfall: i spent the second half of that song getting face fucked by a fly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
Hi I see rapta come play TWG next game
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXOpkillerXx View Post
Rapta thinks alot about memes and fonts. I'd be inclined to think he's town because wolves wouldn't have time to meme would they ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prawnskunk
if we keep releasing engines that work on 1/4 of people's computers, we'll get there
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger
do u even agrabah
Quote:
Today at 12:53 AM
I have no fucking idea how you were able to identify that specific line from meme show so you are basically an elder god of memes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychotik
When I think Mother’s Day, I think Venetian Snares.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haku
have you heard someone mention eating pancakes to negate friday 13th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prawnskunk at 10:53:56pm on 10/26/11
OMFG VC! I want your programming fingers in or around my mouth OnO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storn at 3:03 PM
We have so many batches open. Its like a backlog clearance sale. ALL FILES MUST GO!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToonE156 at 11:07 PM
You've never felt intimacy until you've practiced Jiu Jitsu ground techniques with the only girl in class

Last edited by Rapta; 12-30-2017 at 03:04 PM..
Rapta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 03:08 PM   #22
Rapta
🡸Index🡻Is🡹Fun!🡺
Global ModeratorMultiplayer ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Been playing for a while and my improvement kinda stagnated. how do i git gud?

https://imgur.com/a/yjDrX
Right click where it says Scroll Speed on the Results Screen, and enter the number you see into your Global Offset box in the Settings. In this case, my offset should be .179

This should make your accuracy better in general, when it comes to Perfects and Amazings.
Note the left hand pinky. It stretches out into attack mode to make etienne's hand appear larger, an intimidation technique for the arrows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mourningfall
[3:51 PM] Mourningfall: i spent the second half of that song getting face fucked by a fly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
Hi I see rapta come play TWG next game
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXOpkillerXx View Post
Rapta thinks alot about memes and fonts. I'd be inclined to think he's town because wolves wouldn't have time to meme would they ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prawnskunk
if we keep releasing engines that work on 1/4 of people's computers, we'll get there
Quote:
do u even agrabah
Quote:
Today at 12:53 AM
I have no fucking idea how you were able to identify that specific line from meme show so you are basically an elder god of memes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychotik
When I think Mother’s Day, I think Venetian Snares.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haku
have you heard someone mention eating pancakes to negate friday 13th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prawnskunk at 10:53:56pm on 10/26/11
OMFG VC! I want your programming fingers in or around my mouth OnO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storn at 3:03 PM
We have so many batches open. Its like a backlog clearance sale. ALL FILES MUST GO!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToonE156 at 11:07 PM
You've never felt intimacy until you've practiced Jiu Jitsu ground techniques with the only girl in class

Last edited by Rapta; 12-30-2017 at 03:09 PM..
Rapta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 03:21 PM   #23
reuben_tate
Kawaii Desu Ne?
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinglesberry View Post

I disagree, i think the only reason you should ever have more perfects than amazing is if your timing window is messed up, or you are reading it wrong and your settings are messed up, no matter what level u is
Although it may not seem like it, D1 represents a very wide range of skill levels. At the top of the D1 bracket you have people that can AAA 7's (on FFR's 1-13 difficulty scale...not sure what that translates to now). And at the bottom you can have people that are struggling to pass Power where by "pass", I literally mean finish the song to completion without dying. With that said, I think it's possible for D1 players to be getting more perfects than amazings, especially if they are at the lower end of their division.

Not happening now! Don't click to join!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spenner View Post
(^)> peck peck says the heels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
And god made ben, and realized he was doomed to miss. And said it was good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakvvv666
awww :< crushing my dreams; was looking foward to you attempting to shoot yourself point blank and missing
reuben_tate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 03:31 PM   #24
Hayzeusky
FFR Player

Sorry I don't mean to hijack this thread or anything but what is D1? Fairly new to the ffr scene.
Hayzeusky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 03:42 PM   #25
reuben_tate
Kawaii Desu Ne?
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayzeusky View Post
Sorry I don't mean to hijack this thread or anything but what is D1? Fairly new to the ffr scene.
On FFR, we have what are called "divisions" which are used to allow similarly skilled people to compete with one another during tournaments and such. If you click on the "leaderboards" button on the top menu bar on the website, you can see what division you are (according to the ffr algorithm which is based on your best scores on each file in the game). No algorithm is perfect though so tournament organizers are free to place you in another division for their tournament (or draw new division lines entirely).

On FFR, we currently have 7 divisions from D1 to D7 where D7 contains the highest skilled players.

Hope that answers your question.

EDIT: The FFR Wiki has some more detailed information about this.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
awww :< crushing my dreams; was looking foward to you attempting to shoot yourself point blank and missing

Last edited by reuben_tate; 12-30-2017 at 03:57 PM..
Old 12-30-2017, 04:24 PM   #26
Dinglesberry
longing
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by reuben_tate View Post
Although it may not seem like it, D1 represents a very wide range of skill levels. At the top of the D1 bracket you have people that can AAA 7's (on FFR's 1-13 difficulty scale...not sure what that translates to now). And at the bottom you can have people that are struggling to pass Power where by "pass", I literally mean finish the song to completion without dying. With that said, I think it's possible for D1 players to be getting more perfects than amazings, especially if they are at the lower end of their division.
i pity the fool who cant play power its like, single notes seperated by seconds lolz
Dinglesberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 04:24 PM   #27
Dinglesberry
longing
FFR Veteran

like if u can type to login u can AAA power wtf
Dinglesberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 04:41 PM   #28
reuben_tate
Kawaii Desu Ne?
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinglesberry View Post
like if u can type to login u can AAA power wtf
I've personally witnessed someone FAIL out of Power.

For me personally, it actually took me awhile before I got my first AAA on a file.

Some people come to FFR and start off with literally no sense of rhythm whatsoever (especially if they've never played a rhythm game before).

And if the person has little to no experience with video games in general, then the lack of eye-hand coordination will also be a major hindrance.

If you were to just walk out into the street and ask random people to play FFR, I honestly would not be surprised if over 90% were unable to AAA power and I wouldn't be surprised if a large percentage wasn't able to pass it. (The results of such an experiment might depend on the location and the demographics of the area).

EDIT: To be fair, I got my first AAA before I knew about standalone's, the spread style, etc so I don't feel too bad about taking awhile to get my first AAA on the in-browser version of the legacy engine playing one-handed.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by reuben_tate; 12-30-2017 at 04:45 PM..
Old 01-12-2018, 09:35 PM   #29
mono15591
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Holy shit global offset is something that should be posted about more. Ive been playing this damn game for years and only sdg'd power until I entered in my global offset. First AAA of my life. I have mine set to .478 now

Edit: I just AAA'd 4 more songs one being lvl 45 Brooks Was Here [Heavy] This offset thing is amazing.

Last edited by mono15591; 01-12-2018 at 09:58 PM..
mono15591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 10:06 PM   #30
Shodzzy
FFR Player

Send a message via Yahoo to Shodzzy Send a message via Skype™ to Shodzzy

hit keys faster lol

1. pedophilia?

2. statutory rape?

3. masturbation?
goood mythical morning
Shodzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 05:10 AM   #31
mikehunter
Banned

I liked (and totally agree by the way) the comparison with gym: the more you play, the better your skills become.
mikehunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 09:23 AM   #32
SK8R43
D7 Elite Keymasher
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

You dont. I mean look at me.
Old 01-23-2018, 10:14 AM   #33
Zageron
Zageron E. Tazaterra
RRR Developer & DevOps Support
AdministratorDeveloperFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK8R43 View Post
You dont. I mean look at me.
scrub
Zageron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 05:46 PM   #34
Zman100
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Hiatuses shouldn't prevent you from improving. Until they added a non-flash version I essentially had no ability to play FFR for the last 10yrs without extreme lag. Please take the advice below with a grain of salt as I'm not a top tier player of the game, but have played a long time.

I think like every game you should approach it as an enthusiast not a competitor. If you're focused on learning rather than, "man i need to improve x,y,z scores" you'll have a lot more fun and generally improve quicker.

Depending on your skill level I'd look into the following:

Beginner:
-Increasing PA: focus on songs that you would classify as easy and work on SDG'ing or AAA'ing the file.
-Begin learning the different types of patterns that occur (running man, jumpstream, jaxs, etc.)
-Readability: As songs become increasingly difficult depending on your scroll speed you'll have to become more accustom to reading a large amount of notes quickly. Note that while this is listed in beginner you'll have to improve this skill constantly, so start early!

Intermediate:
-Consistency: Be able to achieve the same PA on a song over several plays
-Pattern improvement: At this point you should know which patterns you are good at/struggle with. Find files that incorporate your weak points and practice them repeatedly. In some cases it may take a long time to improve or in my case (left handed jaxs) you will always struggle.

Expert:
-Visual modification (Mirror vs. no-mirror): Later on you'll hit roadblocks with songs that you seemingly can't PA for one reason or another. Playing with mirror on/off can sometimes help you get past these.
-Increasing Stamina: While i don't run into this issue on FFR there may be songs where your arms give out mid song (i.e. legit burning) Force yourself to play through the duration of the song then take a short break. Repeatedly doing this should allow you to build up to playing the song.
-Rate modification: On higher NPS (notes per second) songs you may want to try playing at .9 or lower speeds to understand the note patterns that occur.
-Mute the song: In some rare cases it may be easier to PA a song if you're not listening to it. This may seem counter intuitive, but there have been instances in the past where I found myself hitting notes at audio cues that were off-beat.

This is somewhat of a generic list, but hopefully it helps you out.
Zman100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 01:53 AM   #35
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zman100 View Post
Beginner:
-Begin learning the different types of patterns that occur (running man, jumpstream, jaxs, etc.)
-Readability: As songs become increasingly difficult depending on your scroll speed you'll have to become more accustom to reading a large amount of notes quickly. Note that while this is listed in beginner you'll have to improve this skill constantly, so start early!

Intermediate:
-Increasing PA: focus on songs that you would classify as easy and work on SDG'ing or AAA'ing the file.
-Pattern improvement: At this point you should know which patterns you are good at/struggle with. Find files that incorporate your weak points and practice them repeatedly. In some cases it may take a long time to improve or in my case (left handed jaxs) you will always struggle.

Expert:
-Consistency: Be able to achieve the same PA on a song over several plays
-Visual modification (Mirror vs. no-mirror): Later on you'll hit roadblocks with songs that you seemingly can't PA for one reason or another. Playing with mirror on/off can sometimes help you get past these.
-Increasing Stamina: While i don't run into this issue on FFR there may be songs where your arms give out mid song (i.e. legit burning) Force yourself to play through the duration of the song then take a short break. Repeatedly doing this should allow you to build up to playing the song.
-Rate modification and Isolation: On higher NPS (notes per second) songs you may want to try playing at .9 or lower speeds, or isolate the challenging parts of a file to understand the note patterns that occur.
-Mute the song: In some rare cases it may be easier to PA a song if you're not listening to it. This may seem counter intuitive, but there have been instances in the past where I found myself hitting notes at audio cues that were off-beat. (This is only for extremely cases and last resort) instead, try
-Offset Tweaking: In some cases, notes may be slightly out of sync with the music. This is true for most if not all rhythm games. Learning how to correctly tweak and fine-tune your offsets is an essential skill to improved accuracy.
moved and added some stuff.

Last edited by rushyrulz; 01-24-2018 at 01:55 AM..
rushyrulz is offline   Reply With Quote