Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Stepmania > Simulator Files
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2013, 12:08 PM   #1
tasted
FFR Player

Default Fetpaket 1st and 2nd mix

Hello everyone!

If you are familiar to the torrent world you must know that a lot of stepmania related torrents becomes dead and forgotten.

I have looking for a friend of mines stepfiles that he created in 2008 because I remembered that I created a torrent because of my will to share the love. It has taken a long time, but finally I have found it and now I'll be seeding this for eternity or at least when my computer is awake, which it is all too much..

FETPAKET 1:

Metallica - Battery
Metallica - Blitzkrieg
Gradius
Judas Priest - Hell Patrol
Sabaton - Nuclear Attack
Storm Eagle (MM X)
UN Squadron

FETPAKET 2:

Lordi - Devil is a Loser
Star Wars - Duel of the Fates
Judas Priest - Electric Eye
Naruto - The Raising Fighting Spirit
Judas Priest - Living After Midnight
Slayer - Necrophobic
Rush n' Attack
Massgrav - Vi e här för att hata

Check these out, and you can also check him out at newgrounds where he
is known by his username Schleif!

My packs, the tasted packs 1, 2, 3 and 4 is harder to find.. probably because
they were not appreciated and all was bad-stepped. But if anyone has a hunch, please leave a message or a hint! It's for nostalgic purposes! But it
is likely that these are gone forever.

I'll be seeding most of the days.. sweden-time and its about 6 hours later than east-coast american-time, which I assume most of the users here relies on..

Ha de bra!

EDIT: The packs are available at most torrent-sites, but a safe bet is thepiratebay!

Last edited by tasted; 04-26-2013 at 12:09 PM.. Reason: forgot information
tasted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:18 PM   #2
SKG_Scintill
Spun a twirly fruitcake,
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Fetpaket 1st and 2nd mix

Talking english is great because I do it often for my gratitude to it. Now I will post a post about questionable questionables, so do your do if you will to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluguerilla
So Sexy Robotnik (SKG_Scintill) {.0001/10} [--]
___
. RHYTHMS PR LAYERING
. ZOMG I HAD TO QUIT OUT TERRIBLE
SKG_Scintill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:24 PM   #3
foxfire667
The FFRchiver
Retired StaffFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasted View Post
EDIT: The packs are available at most torrent-sites, but a safe bet is thepiratebay!
Torrents are usually a pretty unreliable way of sharing something like StepMania packs (as I'm sure you should be aware of by now, due to all of the dead torrents that exist for your packs and such). Unless you have a pretty large number of people downloading and willing to seed, you are far better off using a file hosting website.

Since you called these packs, they have been downloaded and permanently archived at StepMania Online. You can use the following direct download links for the packs:

Fetpaket 1st Mix
Fetpaket 2nd Mix

Assuming these packs have unique songs, they will soon be detected by the /scan command, and if multiple people have the pack(s), will show in the list generated by the /commonpacks command. Enjoy.
Old 04-26-2013, 02:13 PM   #4
qqwref
stepmania archaeologist
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Holy crap, it's tasted! I've seen your pack torrents around but none of them ever started downloading. Is it at all possible they are on an old hard drive somewhere?

EDIT: while I'm here, I did already have the Fetpaket mixes, but is it possible that you have any other old packs sitting around? Even non-torrent stuff would be interesting because some of it might not be anywhere else.

Last edited by qqwref; 04-26-2013 at 02:17 PM..
qqwref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:56 PM   #5
tasted
FFR Player

foxfire667: You are right, but at the time I became familiar with stepmania and simfiles many authors often linked their packs or collections with a megaupload or 4shared url and in 7/10 link was dead or had to be updated or had an author whose activity was so low that an update was not plausible in the near future and torrents seemed logical to use because you could keep them alive always! Yes I was that naive and still are. But now! I have learned my lesson, and I appreciate your actions! Finally I can go to another site then houkouonchi which has been my favorite for packs.

qqwref: Those packs were created on my second computer, i'm on my fifth now, and that computer is well.. it is far away from me now. I don't remember if I put them on a disk or storage but the point is.. if you thought the Fetpaket-packs wasn't that good.. my packs.. are like horsesh!t. Of all simfiles I made, I was only happy with one, Metal Gear - Theme of Tara, which also became the 30000 song to be uploaded on FFR when it had its library of simfiles here. I was so proud that day.. Anyways, you seem to be a player of high altitude and players like you.. are hard to fool on the rhythmical level because almost all of the simfiles in the Tasted Packs are.. well.. bad tempo, not correct bpm, illogical patterns and copied patterns instead of varying the patterns and give the player a twist. But you might ask yourself? Why? Why then would you want them yourself? Mostly because of the memories i've had with them and the hours I spent selecting and determining the packs. Who wouldn't want to play simfiles like CCR, Rammstein, Death Note, Soviet Army Choir or Germany National Anthem? That was my motivation to create these packs because I was tired of "weird music" that only exists in the stepmania-community and on FFR too. Weird game-music from some game made 1968 that now one really likes, weird nightcore-music that is utterly shit, weird japanese dj-music like dj sharpnel and who can forget the weird discomusic which names consists of BPM like 900BPM, 400BPM or 250BPM? The packs stands for frustration of not finding music that I wanted to play in stepmania, and there you have it! The backstory of the packs, which I can offer you, but unfortunately, nothing more! I could recreate all my songs now that I have more knowledge.. but that will be a summer-project if so.. on the side, the interest of playing the Soviet National Anthem seems to be little with people who likes Bleach or some other crap shonen.

Regards,
Tasted
tasted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 04:27 PM   #6
foxfire667
The FFRchiver
Retired StaffFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasted View Post
foxfire667: You are right, but at the time I became familiar with stepmania and simfiles many authors often linked their packs or collections with a megaupload or 4shared url and in 7/10 link was dead or had to be updated or had an author whose activity was so low that an update was not plausible in the near future and torrents seemed logical to use because you could keep them alive always! Yes I was that naive and still are. But now! I have learned my lesson, and I appreciate your actions! Finally I can go to another site then houkouonchi which has been my favorite for packs.
File sharing sites are still pretty bad, don't get me wrong, but they are typically much more reliable than torrents if you are trying to get your packs out on a small scale over a fairly short amount of time. The whole reason why I archive other people's packs is because of the fact that file sharing sites usually kill downloads within a couple of months for these sorts of things, and I was tired of seeing packs fade out of existence. It's just typically faster and more reliable to release packs using file sharing sites (personally I would recommend dropbox or the new MEGA site) than using torrents.

Ironically, Houkouonchi is the person who hosts StepMania Online, and by extension, the packs I am archiving.