Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > TWG Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-3-2005, 03:08 AM   #1
User6773

Default TWG VII Postgame Banter

This was so much fun. Guido, you screwed your team by revealing a bunch of crap to Stretchy. This further reinforces why I think AIM alliances (or IRL alliances, in this case) are a very very bad idea. People need to use their heads and independent thinking.

Props to Stretchy for posting under Alain's name even while he was away for a long long time. None of you people caught on that only one real, living person was left. Brilliant. Gives whole new meaning to the whole transfer-of-consciousness stuff, and lends a bit of irony to the game's ending itself. I guess none of you would have passed the test if this mission were real.

I'm stopping MVP awards because I think they're pretty biased. It's basically based on who's been telling the host he's been doing the most. In reality the host does not have enough information

But mad props to Stretchy for sleeping with the enemy and winning the game. First wolf win ever where one wolf has died and the team has won anyway.

I'm sorry there were so many delays in the end but a) I've been working late nights at McDonalds and coming home exhausted and b) the wolves had it won from Night 5 on. Writing each plot takes at least an hour, the ending plot took 2 and a half to write (as do some of the more critical plots.) I put this much effort into the plot because it gives the game a lot of character (how many FOXHOUND sigs were there during the game?), gives the players a lot to be interested in, and enhances the quality of the game in amazing ways. It's about all the host can do to keep it cool. That's why I think the host should be first and foremost a storyteller and a judge second. There's not a lot the host does besides assign the roles and moderates the game.

When I host the game's sequel (if I can come up with a good way to be original and not rehash this plot), I'll probably have more time to devote to the plot. I loved this story, and I loved writing it every bit of the way. As you can see, the idea changed shape in my head as the plot went on (there was no CIA or KGB involvement in FOXHOUND, despite what my original idea was), and I'd like to have the entire plot written before the game next time. I will not be in contention for running TWG VIII - I need more time to think about it, and I need a break from this crapload of work I put into this game. I love you guys.

BTW, an issue that should be brought to your attention. The reason I had to go reissuing roles to everyone was because Tass started interrogating people about their PMs right off the bat - mere moments after I sent his out. I didn't think this was fair, and I knew it was a clear violation of the rules. I thought we firmly established after TWG V that YOU DO NOT DISCUSS YOUR PM WITH ANYONE, PERIOD. But I guess Tass didn't learn from it. To be fair, I had to reissue the roles. You guys decide what the punishment should be. Since the host from the previous game traditionally handles signups for the next, I'll follow your wishes in running TWG VIII signups.

So, postgame chat, and also voting on that issue.

NO CAMPAIGNING FOR HOST, EITHER. CHECK THE TWG VIII SIGNUPS THREAD FOR CAMPAIGN INFO.