Old 01-20-2011, 02:32 PM   #1
JenovaSephiroth
pink dragon irl
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Drugs

I'm really not liking the level of uninformed opinion going on in this thread.

Rather than drawing the line between what is illegal and legal, you have to more think about the potential to harm yourself in the process. Opiates (cocaine, heroin, oxy, etc) happens to provide a massive rush. Massive is a severe understatement here, though, as the effects would actually cause so much happiness that you would literally never experience that same level of happiness again, even on subsequent attempts, which is the big danger here. Chasing the dragon is what sends people on the dark road of opiate addiction, and it is incredibly difficult to turn back, both physically and mentally. My opinion on it is that you would need an insane amount of self control, which most people do not have, so if you get sucked in, I won't judge you, but don't come crying to me. Have I tried opiates? No. Would I ever want to? No, because I am very sure that I wouldn't have what it takes to make it back.

As for drugs that are not as dangerous (LSD, shrooms, MDMA, etc), it all depends on your state of mind. How you feel going into it can make or break your experience, and a horrible enough bad trip can potentially put your mind into a state that it can't return from, but from various trip reports I've read at erowid (everyone, seriously, look up erowid.org before talking), there were massive mistakes that they have made. I've had E, and have had both good and bad experiences from it. Does my brain have holes in it? That's yet to be seen. :P

tl;dr: be objective about it and do some research before blabbering on about what DARE told you
JenovaSephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 02:37 PM   #2
ScylaX
urararararararara
FFR Music Producer

Send a message via MSN to ScylaX Send a message via Skype™ to ScylaX

@ap Oh, you know, I don't have any biased opinion on reason that makes people take drug as long as they don't get depreciable consequences from it. The post you quoted was an answer to kilroy's post according to the thread's matter and it made me think he took drug to escape reality.

As long as you have reasons that justifies perfectly the fact you consume it, I find it perfectly fine. I know it's not just the kind of thing I'd do to discover myself, and it's more a personnal opinion than something I'd debate on.
Old 01-20-2011, 02:39 PM   #3
Kilroy_x
Little Chief Hare
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Kilroy_x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScylaX View Post
@ap Oh, you know, I don't have any biased opinion on reason that makes people take drug as long as they don't get depreciable consequences from it. The post you quoted was an answer to kilroy's post according to the thread's matter and it made me think she took drug to escape reality.

As long as you have reasons that justifies perfectly the fact you consume it, I find it perfectly fine. I know it's not just the kind of thing I'd do to discover myself, and it's more a personnal opinion than something I'd debate on.
edit
Kilroy_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 02:43 PM   #4
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Please don't be Storms, guys: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0W7Jbc_Vhw
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 02:57 PM   #5
ScylaX
urararararararara
FFR Music Producer

Send a message via MSN to ScylaX Send a message via Skype™ to ScylaX

@Kilroy Ah, nevermind. I don't especially like talking about something that isn't related to the thread since I have many things to say on your post but most of them just aren't related to the initial topic of the thread and I wouldn't violate rules.

@ichiliebekase Well I don't think marijuana will end up being massively authorized in the future. Even though you'll eventually face less problem with it than with tobacco, it's just another thing compared to tobacco and alcohool that have been known and legalized since centuries (correct me if I'm wrong)
Old 01-20-2011, 03:05 PM   #6
Kilroy_x
Little Chief Hare
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScylaX View Post
@Kilroy Ah, nevermind. I don't especially like talking about something that isn't related to the thread since I have many things to say on your post but most of them just aren't related to the initial topic of the thread and I wouldn't violate rules.
You accuse me of running away from something and then run away from something when I admit to it. What a fascinating asymmetry. You can always PM me, you know. And I'm sure you could find some way to tie it to the initial discussion anyways, so I can only assume you have other motives at heart.
Old 01-20-2011, 04:34 PM   #7
who_cares973
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnate View Post
Please don't be Storms, guys: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0W7Jbc_Vhw
****ing brilliant
Old 01-20-2011, 03:08 PM   #8
ChrisReams
Trap Music Producer
FFR Veteran

I drink alcohol on special occasions. Alcohol, to me, is not a problem when you drink responsibly, and don't drink all the time.

Hard drugs such as (Heroine, Meth, Cocaine, etc.) I will never try because I would not be able to stop doing them, and my body would turn to a pile of trash. Im sure youve all seen what somebody looks like when they do heroine for years. Their face starts caving in, like its deflated.

Weed, I smoke regularly. Its gay though how all the anti-drug commercials make weed look ridiculous. Like people trying to fly out of windows with a blanket as a cape, **** yeah right. When I smoke, I'm hungry/happy/sleepy. I'm relaxing and playing a video game, or watching a movie. I don't cause anybody harm. I'm not getting off this couch for a good bit.
ChrisReams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 03:38 PM   #9
VarleyisDance
Sassy
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisReams View Post
I drink alcohol on special occasions. Alcohol, to me, is not a problem when you drink responsibly, and don't drink all the time.

Hard drugs such as (Heroine, Meth, Cocaine, etc.) I will never try because I would not be able to stop doing them, and my body would turn to a pile of trash. Im sure youve all seen what somebody looks like when they do heroine for years. Their face starts caving in, like its deflated.

Weed, I smoke regularly. Its gay though how all the anti-drug commercials make weed look ridiculous. Like people trying to fly out of windows with a blanket as a cape, **** yeah right. When I smoke, I'm hungry/happy/sleepy. I'm relaxing and playing a video game, or watching a movie. I don't cause anybody harm. I'm not getting off this couch for a good bit.
amen

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushyrulz View Post
Ke$ha's birthday? wasted thread
1st Place D3 SocoNhydro's Tournament of Eternity! (June)
3rd Place (x1 Speed) D2 FFR Classics Short and Sweet Tourney
1st Place D1 Cold Kitten and Xx{Midnight}xX Present: The Tournament Of Immortality
2nd Place D1 xBBx's and T-Force's Short and Sweet Tourney
2nd Place D1 King's and Takedown's Tournament!
VarleyisDance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 04:32 PM   #10
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

My philosophy on doing drugs in the first place.

Experimentation is retarded, it only takes 1 time to become addicted, and it's not worth it to take the risk. Taking drugs for recreational purposes is also retarded, you don't need to be tripping to have a good time. More times than not, you're too damn stoned to remember anything that happened anyway, so there's really no purpose in taking them in the first place.

Alcohol is bad only if you become addicted or become too intoxicated. I don't really understand the purpose of drinking alcohol if it's just going to make you look stupid, sound stupid, and feel like shit.

Cigarettes and marijuana should both be illegal. Cigarettes can kill you. Marijuana can lead you to killing others. Neither seem like they should be legal, especially cigarettes because there has never been a medical purpose or good cause for them.

Sure tobacco chews your body up because IIRC, they put fiberglass in it, but at least you're ****ing up your own life instead of the little old lady crossing the street. This is probably the reason why cigarettes are legal too. The reason why I think cigarettes should be illegal and tobacco legal is because there's no second-hand tobacco deaths.

So basically, there are no good outcomes from taking drugs for recreation, and I don't think 99% of people doing these drugs have a medical marijuana prescription. So in my opinion, stay off the drugs, stay off the booze, stay off the cigs and it'll be better off for everyone involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yieldsign View Post
I'd go ahead and say that if illegal drugs were legalized, then death as a result would be a. sufficiently informed, b. have law suits against it. Lmfao nice argument.
Yeah, and if pigs flew, the universe would be a magical place. Fact of the matter is that illegal drugs are illegal, so there are no public warnings and nobody would dare make a suit resulting from taking illegal drugs. Also, I thought this was a place for discussion not trolling, this is like the 3rd time you've targeted me so far, and that makes you, sir, an asshole.

Last edited by rushyrulz; 01-20-2011 at 04:38 PM..
rushyrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 04:38 PM   #11
aperson
FFR Hall of Fame
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to aperson

Quote:
Blah blah blah
blah blah bla
Please tell me you're trolling

aperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 04:47 PM   #12
MrGiggles
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MrGiggles Send a message via MSN to MrGiggles

Quote:
Marijuana can lead you to killing others.
[citation needed]
Quote:
How's this, tell me how doing recreational drugs is right.
I truly think that marijuana has helped me to become a more open and social person. I've become so much more comfortable with who I am and I can finally enjoy social interactions with others. I'm no social butterfly, but at least I have some genuine friends.

this post got really spergy really fast my b

Last edited by MrGiggles; 01-20-2011 at 04:50 PM..
MrGiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 04:53 PM   #13
ChrisReams
Trap Music Producer
FFR Veteran

Quote:
I've never tried marijuana
Quote:
More times than not, you're too damn stoned to remember anything that happened anyway
How would you know.

Quote:
..Marijuana can lead you to killing others..
Did you even read my post on page 2? You're very misinformed.
Old 01-20-2011, 04:56 PM   #14
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!

Quote:
How would you know.
I don't live under a rock. It's not a big secret that smoking a ton of marijuana screws your memory up. My main argument here is simply this: People go out to a party sober, they take some hard drugs or smoke some weed or drink alcohol, etc. They get back in their cars and are operating a 2 ton machine travelling at 60 MPH while their perception is skewed. It pisses me off when people drive stoned or drunk because you end up taking innocent people's lives just because you wanted to enjoy yourself a little more.

In short, YES, marijuana can be the catalyst that can cause you to go out and cause a motor vehicle homicide.

Last edited by rushyrulz; 01-20-2011 at 04:59 PM..
Old 01-20-2011, 04:58 PM   #15
MrGiggles
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MrGiggles Send a message via MSN to MrGiggles

Quote:
I don't live under a rock. It's not a big secret that smoking a ton of marijuana screws your memory up.
but that's different from what you said before.
Quote:
More times than not, you're too damn stoned to remember anything that happened anyway
and this is wrong.

Well, for me. I'm checking out online to see if that's an issue for other people, but I definitely retain most of my experiences high.

Last edited by MrGiggles; 01-20-2011 at 05:03 PM..
MrGiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 05:01 PM   #16
ChrisReams
Trap Music Producer
FFR Veteran

Quote:
I don't live under a rock. It's not a big secret that smoking a ton of marijuana screws your memory up.
The point I'm making is that none of your opinions come from personal experience. They come from what you've been taught or told.

You said "More times than not, you're too damn stoned to remember anything that happened anyway".

I can remember the events that happen when I'm stoned. And I can remember those events way down the road also. I have hundreds of good memories when I was smoking weed. So, that's why I think what you said is silly.

Quote:
People go out to a party sober, they take some hard drugs or smoke some weed or drink alcohol, etc. They get back in their cars and are operating a 2 ton machine travelling at 60 MPH while their perception is skewed.
I drive slower when I'm high. If the speed limit is 45, I go 40. Because I am more paranoid. So, no. You're wrong again.

Last edited by ChrisReams; 01-20-2011 at 05:08 PM..
Old 01-20-2011, 05:05 PM   #17
Kilroy_x
Little Chief Hare
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Because I am more relaxed and more paranoid.
There's something perplexing about that particular word combination.
Old 01-20-2011, 05:10 PM   #18
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!

Quote:
I drive slower when I'm high. If the speed limit is 45, I go 40. Because I am more relaxed and more paranoid. So, no. You're wrong again.
That's good for you, but that doesn't prevent thousands of people from dying by drugged driving each year...

Thanks for trying to shoot my argument down like usual, appreciate it.
@ap: Sorry too busy defending myself from people like ^ to finish my train of thought.

You're mostly correct on everything else.

Last edited by rushyrulz; 01-20-2011 at 05:13 PM..
Old 01-20-2011, 05:12 PM   #19
Yieldsign
FFR Player

Rushy, you are extremely irritating and your posts show a clear bias and lack of deeper thinking regarding this subject. If anyone is trolling, it's you.

Quote:

Experimentation is retarded, it only takes 1 time to become addicted, and it's not worth it to take the risk. Taking drugs for recreational purposes is also retarded, you don't need to be tripping to have a good time. More times than not, you're too damn stoned to remember anything that happened anyway, so there's really no purpose in taking them in the first place.
No, it does not only take 1 time to get addicted, you're making a blanket statement that simply does not apply to all drugs. Marijuana is not physically addictive; saying anything to the contrary is disregarding scientific fact. If you're going to disregard science in favor of exaggerated BS, then you have no place in critical thinking. At all. You won't get anywhere here by continuing your current strategy because most people in this forum want to discuss fact, not fiction.

You don't need TV to have a good time. You don't need bars to have a good time. You don't need books to have a good time. This is an incredibly bad argument because no recreational activity on its own is necessary to have fun - yet you single out all drugs as the one that is negative for no factual reason - instead, you're spouting off stigmatic crap with no basis.

Also, you're confusing short term memory with long term memory. It is true that marijuana can affect long term memory (although, as I've pointed out, this is only caused by excessive smoking within a certain context, which most smokers do not do), but it certainly does not cause anterograde amnesia, which ironically, zolpidem (or ambien), a legal prescription drug, does. So do benzodiazepines, legal prescription anxiolytic drugs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushyrulz
Alcohol is bad only if you become addicted or become too intoxicated.
Omg, No Way!!!! It's not like that statement doesn't apply to every other drug, too! But the point is that alcohol has a low overdose threshold and is very physically addictive.

Quote:
Cigarettes and marijuana should both be illegal. Cigarettes can kill you. Marijuana can lead you to killing others. Neither seem like they should be legal, especially cigarettes because there has never been a medical purpose or good cause for them.
Marijuana has been statistically proven to demote violence in people. Not to mention, a significantly lower proportion of people drive after smoking than drive after drinking. You're grasping at straws right now.

Quote:
Sure tobacco chews your body up because IIRC, they put fiberglass in it, but at least you're ****ing up your own life instead of the little old lady crossing the street. This is probably the reason why cigarettes are legal too. The reason why I think cigarettes should be illegal and tobacco legal is because there's no second-hand tobacco deaths.
keep in mind that psychedelics have an extremely low rate of violent incidents. And these are the type of drugs that we are advocating legalizing. Again, most people do not drive while on psychedelics, and the ones that do report far less motor impairment than drunk driving. I'm not advocating driving under the influence of any drug, but simply pointing out that what you're saying isn't really predicated by fact.

Quote:
So basically, there are no good outcomes from taking drugs for recreation, and I don't think 99% of people doing these drugs have a medical marijuana prescription. So in my opinion, stay off the drugs, stay off the booze, stay off the cigs and it'll be better off for everyone involved.
How about for recreation? What is wrong with having fun? The last time I checked, your subjective opinion isn't the standard for what is right and wrong in regard to how people spend their time. and 99% of these people don't have medical marijuana licenses because they use it recreationally; which shouldn't be illegal for the reasons we've pointed out. So far, you haven't given any good reason why recreational drug use (excluding dangerous drugs like heroin, free base cocaine, methamphetamine, etc) should be illegal.

Quote:
Yeah, and if pigs flew, the universe would be a magical place. Fact of the matter is that illegal drugs are illegal, so there are no public warnings and nobody would dare make a suit resulting from taking illegal drugs. Also, I thought this was a place for discussion not trolling, this is like the 3rd time you've targeted me so far, and that makes you, sir, an asshole.
Yes, the fact of the matter is that illegal drugs are illegal, but that does not necessitate the fact that it is right. In fact, it is totally unrelated, logically. This is critical thinking dude; the point is discuss issues that we find pertinent to our lives. Are you saying laws can't be changed or can never be wrong? Guess what, at one point in time it was illegal to interracially marry, and now it's not; are you saying that law should never have been changed because "if pigs flew, the universe would be a magical place?" Are you SERIOUS?

Also, this is the 3rd time I've "targeted" you because you've made 3 posts, what the hell. If you post, expect other posters in this thread to respond to you. If you haven't noticed, I've also responded to aperson, ich-whatever, jenova sephiroth... aka, the people who have posted in this thread. If you don't want your opinions dissected, get the hell off of a board called "critical thinking." I'm not sure if you possess the critical thinking faculties to understand what "critical thinking" entails.
Yieldsign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 04:41 PM   #20
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!

k, nobody's allowed to have an opinion on anything anymore.

Have fun getting shitfaced and killing an innocent family of 7 on the freeway, because apparently giving legitimate reasons why I think drugs are bad is trolling now.

I'm obviously not arguing against the medical reasons of some drugs, doing drugs for recreational purposes is wrong, and I don't care what anyone else thinks. Putting other people's and you own lives at stake is extremely stupid.

Last edited by rushyrulz; 01-20-2011 at 04:43 PM..