Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > TWG Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-16-2023, 03:05 AM   #19
Hateandhatred
"The Quebec Steparatist."
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: TWG 205 - Zero Active Player Dilemma GAME THREAD

Sorry for the fever posting. I'm doing a lot better now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by star-crossed View Post
I guess my main question would be, why do you like instaing? Why is that helpful?
Well, I do like it in general because it makes things happen. I don't like hanging forever on targets until the end of the day just to see if they will respond to pressure when they clearly have said their piece, and from there 2 things can happen. People either find another lynch target and put aside what was put in motion a moment before (while considering that it's not like it happened randomly, it had to be a consensus among players who usually don't trust each others, and that it's not like a better target is just gonna make itself more desireable in the middle of a wagon), or the target is killed at the end of the day anyway, if they don't insta. If I'm in position to say "fuck it, lets pull the trigger right now", I usually will. If we were right, fantastic, and if we weren't, well we at least won't stay in doubt forever. And it's not like we can not lynch at all "until we're really really sure". You know that classic scenario of 2 identical people trying to convince you that they are your friend and the other one is an impostor? Well, it's essentially like that, except the group's mind has already determined who should die. It's obviously a little different when the votes are split 50-50 and you're the one who decides because the tiny details become way more important and you want to scrutinize as much as you can with the time you have (especially true in F3 when you're the last blue lol, but even then, if I'm sure, I'm sure and that's it, I don't wanna let myself be talked out by one of them, there's a whole game of evidence anyway), but if I'm ok with a target, I just am and I'll do it and would rather get the cardflip if the game isn't moving anymore (like it was with T-Force yesterday).

I've even done it against myself (very specific situation though, and it won the game quicker), and I don't think it is super alignment indicative by itself in general. It's situational, but a lot of you guys play by your collectively agreed on meta and I tend to not agree with it a whole lot. I understand it can seem early to a lot of players and part of me wants to respect that, but when people refuse to wagon too hard on someone (like say they remain 2 votes away from insta but there's a clear wagon and otherwise spread vote), the state of the game very rarely just changes. I would appreciate if people tried to make it change course a little more, but that ends up being either alignment indicative for wolves or a terrible mistake that may mislead town into lynching another town (which happens regardless anyway), so it's not all that good every time in my eyes. It's very situational.

But, in the end, when an opportunity to insta someone comes up, I think my preferred card to play is to play it, depending on situation. Sorry if it's kind of a mess of a post, it's not something I've tried all that much to put into words before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugkid666 View Post
also would it kill you to stop calling me "he" it's annoying when my pronouns are on literally every post i make
Not at all. I've recently been notified of the fact outside of this thread and I apologize, and I'll make sure to respect this from now on =)

Here's my response to the conversation when it happened:

11:15 PM]H&H: ok this is gonna sound weird but l don't really associate the preferred pronouns with what people actually want to be called
[11:15 PM]H&H: that's mainly because I'm not overly used to paying attention to pronouns, but also because of lol language
[11:17 PM]H&H: but it's not like, out of any wish to not be accomodating
[11:17 PM]H&H: its definitely something I wanna be respectful of
[11:18 PM]H&H: so if they weren't sure if I was blatantly ignoring or something like that, please tell them I didn't do this intentionally

I guess they forgot to forward this, but hopefully we are good =)