Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-13-2016, 04:55 PM   #1
Son Paimon
FFR Player

Default Sony isn't getting mod support.

So, I'm sure everyone else is aware of this by now (at least if you follow Sony) that Bethesda tried talking with Sony about mod support for both Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and Fallout 4. Now, Xbox One is getting their mod support for those titles, but Sony declined.

Now, are mods really that bad? I understand that some can be completely game altering but some of those minor mods add more depth to the game, potential increasing the game's shelf life. I would imagine that with Sony's partake in the No Man's Game failure, they'd want some sort of positive PR but it's kind of a bummer that they declined.

I'm no console elitist or pc elitist. I own every major platform because I enjoy video games. It just really irks me because I own Fallout 4 on both PC and PS4. My wife likes playing it on PS4 and she has seen me play some of the various mods available. It excited her to think they'd be getting some of those sweet perks in her game. But nope. Sony don't play that way.

Anyone else at all bothered by this? Or what are you thoughts on third party mods? Personally, I think it's a bit creative what some people do. There is the argument that maybe they should make their own games, but I'd imagine that isn't really easy when you're just one guy with no studio and small amounts of free time on your hands.
Son Paimon is offline   Reply With Quote