Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk > Contested Chart Difficulties
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-17-2014, 10:40 AM   #1
hi19hi19
lol happy
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default FUSE!! (79 or 77)

Clearly, based on the activity in the tournament thread, a separate thread is needed.

My original opinion:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
FUSE really isn't a 79 in my opinion. I would like to see it at 77 or 78.

If Reality is the standard for FGO speed, FUSE doesn't match up. Reality is like 3 NPS higher, that's huge. Both files are very obnoxious to PA so I don't think that argument or the fact that FUSE has 2 minutes of filler outside the hard parts realistically make it a 79.
Rebuttals to the 79 argument:
Quote:
Originally Posted by krunkykai22 View Post
In regards to Fuse -> The first 1000 notes (before the 32nd stream) is a Mid FMO in itself.
The first stream is 2 NPS less dense than Purple, which is a 64. The patterns are fine. It's VC-level stuff.
The first section with jacks and hands is about 5 NPS less dense than the middle part of EHHS, which has similarly stupid one-handed patterns. If anyone can think of a better comparison, please do. Either way, the fact I'm looking around high 60s for files to compare that section to indicates that it's low FMO as well.
In general, before the 32nd stream there is nothing harder than a 72.

Quote:
Once it gets to the 32nd stream it bumps to a high FMO which immediately transitions into a low FGO with that final 24th stream.
These streams are, as I said before, about 3NPS easier than Reality. FUSE!! is 120 bpm making the streams 240 bpm 16ths, which is almost 20 bpm less than the benchmark for FGO stream speed.
The fact there's a few minitrills and crossovers in them doesn't change the fact it's simply way slower than anything FGO.

Quote:
The patterns may be easy for some to hit, but doesn't take away from the fact that the file is not easy in any regards because out of the 4 parts to this song all of them transition into a very low FGO. In turn a 79.
Based on comparisons to other files, the parts of the file are a VC intro, a low FMO chorus, a high FMO two middle sections, then a low FMO chorus again.
Where do you see FGO in that lol

In my mind the right place to put it seems to be 77. I actually score MUCH worse on Twister than I do on this, so it makes sense to be no higher than 77.
78 would be acceptable I suppose.

hi19hi19 is offline   Reply With Quote