Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk > Contested Chart Difficulties
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-29-2013, 01:07 AM   #1
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Posers Listen to Fakebit Music [67 or 72]

Currently it sits as a 67, which is not accurate.

This is the NPS Graph for Posers:

These are a few graphs from other 67s:

Epilogue:

Euro Morroc:

For FFR:

Kanon Medley ~Metal Wings~:

While looking at these, you might be thinking to yourself they're remarkably similar. That's sort of the point. This establishes a good reason why comparing these charts is a fair option.

Let me now inform you of the AAA count of all of these charts:

Epilogue: 113
Euro Morroc: 97
For FFR: 94
Kanon Medley ~Metal Wings~: 85

Posers: 28

This leads me to think that something isn't right here. Why does a chart that's not even synced right have more AAAs? I mean you could lump it as it's been in the game since early on, but even Caprice and Flight Of The Bumble Bee have a more or less similar AAA count to their respective difficulties. That makes them viable comparisons, it also makes them slightly better comparisons, having been in the game for such a long period of time.

Simply put: It's wrongly placed.

Want more proof? A song that is is much longer, and nerve wracking, Mega Man 9 Rock Medley, clocking with a daunting 7:26, only has 7 less AAAs. Guess what? It is also rated higher, rated at a 72. More than likely for the sheer length of it though, which is why this is a good comparison.

Now, you might be thinking the chart structure is too simple to make it any harder than a 68, being charts such as Mega Man 9 Medley, Kanon Medley and even Epilogue have more difficult structure, and they are the same difficulty. To that I agree, which is why pushing it too far beyond would be overkill.

Now where would I place it you may ask?

At maximum, I would say 72 is the upper limit. It is not as hard as any 73 to score on. The chart structure is too simple. The stats say otherwise, being that songs such as Buzzards, Jack The Ripper and even Jasmine (Camel Rape Mix) still have higher AAA counts, yet I wouldn't say it is actually more difficult than these. In fact, placing it as a 73 feels a like complete overkill to me.

I would recommend us placing it at 70-72, with 72 being the absolute maximum.

Why? Statistics aren't everything, and the structure of the chart is rather simple. The 32nds can actually be semi-cheated if you hit them properly, and the densest parts are a simple question of control. However that having been said, this chart is deceptively difficult to score on, both in terms of combo and attempting to AAA. If you lose any control at all, prepare to dump goods at an insane rate.

If I had to personally rate it myself, I'd go the middle ground of my indicated range, and go with 71, but I wouldn't object to heavily to a 70 rating.

Last edited by EzExZeRo7497; 08-30-2013 at 08:57 AM..