Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Ever had a police officer come to your work to arrest a customer/guest?
Yes 6 46.15%
No 7 53.85%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-23-2013, 02:16 AM   #1
DotKritic
Forum User

Default Interesting day at work

Right now, I'm 4 hours into my 10pm-6am shift (it's currently 1:55am). I work at a Marriott hotel.

30 minutes ago while I was watching this video and overhearing Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure on the TV in the lobby, a man (a taxi driver) and a woman (the fare) come through the sliding doors; the woman saying to the taxi driver, "Get the f*ck out of my way!"

I'm hopefully thinking that they finally made it to their destination and she can finally be on her way to her room. I was wrong. Apparently (according to her) they have been driving around for 2 hours and the cab driver has no idea where he is going. She's from New York and is supposed to be staying with friends/family/relatives (one of them). She asks me where her destination is, so I pull it up on my computer and tell her it's a 15 minute walk (because she refuses to get back into the cab).

The cab driver talks to his supervisor(?) and then she talks to the supervisor(?) (imagine a lot of her yelling and cursing like she's tired of the cab's bullsh*t). She ends the phone call with "F*ck you!" and slams the cab driver's phone on the counter. I print out the directions and give it to her and she is on her way. After she leaves, the cab driver gets on the phone with the local police department. He follows her and not even 5 minutes later, she comes back into the hotel and asks me to call her a cab because he (the cab driver she refuses to pay for) is following her.

By this time, two cruisers pull up with two officers appearing. One talks to the cab driver outside the hotel and the other talks to the woman inside the hotel. The woman explains her case, but according to the officer, the cab ride is a service and needs to be paid. She agrees to pay the cab driver $100 - then lowers it to $50 (normal fair from Hobby Airport is $55, $80 from Bush Airport). The lady then says to the officer "I'll pay him then you can drive me." The officer says he will do so after paying the cab driver. She adds, "Oh..I must be in Texas!" in an obnoxious attitude as she grabs her stuff and heads outside.

When everyone went outside, the cab driver probably gave an outrageous price because the woman refused to pay for the ride. She is placed into custody. The cruiser taking her away only moves ~50 feet before it stops. The other cruiser turns around to assist. Apparently she was becoming a nuisance for the officer taking her away. The two officers then restrain her more then drive away.

Piece and quiet once again. None of the officers came to talk to me.

My day in the life of a Front Desk Agent working the night audit.

Anybody else have interesting days at work - with or without police officers?

edit: I don't know how much the cab driver wanted.

FFR Member Since December 17th, 2004

Last edited by DotKritic; 08-23-2013 at 03:10 AM..
DotKritic is offline   Reply With Quote