Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-5-2012, 11:08 PM   #1
Crazyjayde
FFR Veteran
Wiki Administrator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Default Facebook doin' it wrong

I just can't get it out of my head. - Rant incoming -

There's just so much things I can't comprehend about the way major corporations and networks uses publicity by trying to appeal to a larger public.
Yeah well, don't get me wrong that's usually a good marketing technic, but now it just blasted through the wall of absurdity.

So Facebook basically wants to appeal to EVERY F***** SINGLE INDIVIDUAL ON EARTH and their new pitch consists of "X is like Facebook", where X basically equals ANYTHING you've ever saw, experienced or did in your entire life:

Seriously, I don't get how they can believe everything that surrounds us can be related to Facebook in a way or the other. Yeah sure, pools and halloween are linked to social interactions. I can understand that chairs are a symbol of individuality too but don't you think it's a bit extrapolated guys? Let's be honest, the first thing I think of when someone asks me about community pools is of yellow warm spots of water and the leftovers of some wrinkly old Band-Aid floating near me (which is actually a good representation of how I perceive my friends). Halloween? More like being stuck in company of creepy stalkers having an obsession with candy for a whole night.

But really, they're forcing it down the throat. It's like if they believed that they are the biggest innovation nowadays. "Anyone can sit on a chair". Well no sh** Sherlock, chairs are for people?! I'll be damned. There's not even any distinction between real-life and social networks. They're actually making an ad about our mundane life, and they're pretty much saying: Facebook is the universe. IT IS REAL EVERYTHING AND IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN.

I'm sure even a crack house would be more fitting as comparison.

Last edited by Crazyjayde; 11-5-2012 at 11:10 PM..
Crazyjayde is offline   Reply With Quote