Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-8-2012, 03:08 AM   #1
icontrolyourworld
Enjoy life!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Super Nintendo (General snes gaming thread)

Now you're playing with power. Super power.
Hello FFR friends! IcyWorld here, and welcome to my Super Nintendo general thread. In this thread we can all get together and spend time playing the great goldmine of Super Nintendo games. Whether you're into platforming, racing, simulation, shoot'em ups, space shooters, exploring, adventure, fantasy adventure, harvest moon, or any other kind of game; Super Nintendo is bound to have something that will tickle your fancy. Or if you have never played any Super Nintendo games before, now would be a great chance to get started! I'll update the thread with a link to your posts, feel free to brag about a game you have a super speed run time on, 100%'ed, beaten, favorites, or plan to play/beat, also feel free to write reviews, recommendations, and comments in your post about any game you've played! This thread will hopefully cure you of any boredom you may be having, and you'll work your way to being a better gamer!
This thread's goal is to get a lot of people talking about and playing Super Nintendo games!

Alright introductions out of the way; as you may or may not know on my profile I currently have a list of 75 Super Nintendo games. I plan to beat most of them. It's been a blast so far! I found games I never knew about and they were just mind blowingly fun. Most notably I found Sparkster, ActRaiser, and Secret of Mana to be quite extraordinary! Currently I'm enjoying various Space Shooter games like Gradius III, Axelay, and Super R-Type. I play mostly using an emulator (zsnes), but if I see a game I like at Noble (a store dedicated to mostly selling and trading old games that aren't produced anymore) I usually buy it since they sell games pretty cheap.

IcyWorlds List
♥=Love IT
*=Games I've beaten
+=Need to beat again
-=Need to beat/can't remember the story/probably haven't beaten it before
###=currently playing

♥*ActRaiser
-ActRaiser 2
♥*Aladdin
*Axelay
-Breath of Fire
-Breath of Fire II
-Bust-A-Move/Puzzle Bobble
-Chrono Trigger
-Contra III - The Alien Wars
+Donkey Kong Country
-Donkey Kong Country 2 - Diddy's Kong Quest
-Donkey Kong Country 3 - Dixie Kong's Double Trouble
-Demon's Crest
-Doom
-Earthbound
-Earthworm Jim
-Earthworm Jim 2
-Final Fantasy - Mystic Quest
-Final Fantasy II
-Final Fantasy III
-Final Fantasy 4
-Final Fantasy 6
-Fire Emblem 4 - Seisen no Keifu (Japan)
-Fire Emblem 5 - Thracia 776 (Japan)
*First Samurai
-F-ZERO
♥*Gradius III
-Hagane
+Kirby's Dream Land 3
-Kirby Super Star
♥+Legend of Zelda, The - A Link to the Past
-Lufia & The Fortress of Doom
-Lufia II - Rise of the Sinistrals
+Mega Man X
-Mega Man X 2
-Mega Man X 3
-Metal Warriors
+Mortal Kombat I
+Mortal Kombat II
+Mortal Kombat III
-Ninja Gaiden Trilogy (-1st -2nd -3rd)
-Pocky & Rocky
-Pocky & Rocky 2
-R-Type III - The Third Lightning
-Secret of Evermore
###Secret of Mana
♥*Sim City
-Sky Blazer
♥*Sparkster
-Soul Blazer
+Star Fox
-Star Ocean
-Super Bomberman
-Super Bomberman 2
-Super Castlevania IV
*Super Ghouls 'N Ghosts
*Super Mario All-Stars
-Super Mario Kart
♥*+Super Mario RPG - Legend of the Seven Stars
♥*Super Mario World
♥*+Super Mario World 2 - Yoshi's Island
♥*Super Metroid
-Super Metroid Redesign
♥*Super R-Type
-Super Street Fighter II - The New Challengers
*Super Turrican
-Super Turrican 2
+Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Tournament Fighters
+The Lion King
-The Lost Vikings
-Uniracers
+Ys III - Wanderers from Ys
-Ys 4 - Mask of the Sun
-Zombies Ate My Neighbors

ActRaiser: In this game you play as god (though the game doesn't say so directly). There are 2 main parts to this game, platforming stages, and simulation stages. In the simulation stages you are an angel in an overworld type view. You fly around have to shoot monsters with your bow and arrow while directing your people where to build. The more people in your towns the higher your level. In the platforming stages your are a hero who wields a sword and you cut up monsters and jump over deadly spikes and bottomless pits, and then you fight a boss at the end of every stage. It's a fairly short game, with a total of 12 platform stages, 6 simulation stages, and a boss rush to end the game. It can be tough at first, but once you get a hang of the controls it's a lot of fun! The simulation stages aren't boring at all either in case you might be worried about that. All in all, it will take you about 6 to 7 hours to complete this game on your first try

Gradius III: Space space shooter goes dooter dooter dooter, I'm making sound effects like a computer game. This is a very fun yet tough space shooter game. You get upgrades such as speed ups, missiles, lasers, shields, and a thing called "option" (It's basically a red ball that helps you with fire power making it easier to kill enemies and you are able to get up to 4). There are 10 stages with a boss at the end of all of them, along with 1 part of the game where you fight 5 bosses in a row. If you die at any point you'll lose all your upgrades and it's very hard to win after, so it's usually a good idea to just start over. A very rough game but lots of fun once you figure out something that works for you. There's 3 difficulties; easy, medium, and hard, so if you really have to much trouble on the default difficulty you can always nudge it down to easy if you need too. Getting all the way through the game takes about 30 minutes provided you don't die, so it's a fairly short game but has a lot of replay value to it. This is my favorite space shooter game for the snes so far, and it has a really nice sound track as well!

Sim City: I grew up with this game as a kid for a few years. It's pretty simple, you pick a map and you build houses, parks, roads, train tracks, power stations, fire stations, police stations, industrial zones, commercial zones, air ports and sea ports. It's probably one of the easiest town simulators out of any game ever. People come to live in your city, once you have enough people in your city you get rewarded with something and you keep building your city. It sounds boring at first but once you start playing it, it's very easy to get into it and lose track of time. Especially with some of the chillest music you'll find on a Supre Nintendo game. Go for a Megalopolis! (500,000 people in your city)

Sparkster: In this game you control an Opossum Knight that flies around with a jetpack while cutting up enemies with a sword that can fire energy bolts. This is a very fast paced platformer, probably the fastest one I can think of! The gameplay is a lot of fun, there are lots of enemies, plenty of bosses, death traps, and various gameplay stages. There's one stage where you're in a giant robot punching out your arch nemesis! But for the most part you're running through differently themed areas slashing up anything in your way. This is a really fun game I highly recommend it! I'd say on your first time through this game would be about 2 or 3 hours long

Super Metroid: The last Metroid is in captivity. The galaxy is at peace... Samus Aran, having successfully completed her latest mission, sets off to find a new bounty to hunt but she doesn't get far. A distress call, an exploration of an abandoned research facility and an encounter with an old and unexpected enemy draw her back into the saga of the Metroids, and back to the site of her first ever encounter with them. This is seriously the greatest game you will ever play, you get power ups like crazy; morph ball, bombs, power bombs, missiles, super missiles, suit upgrades, charge beam, spazer/wave/ice/plasma beam upgrades, energy tanks, screw attack, hi-jump boots, space jump, you'll be so powerfull you'll feel invincible! This game has some great bosses and one of the most legendary final bosses ever: Mother Brain. The game is big with amazing graphics on a huge map system with plenty of puzzling areas, and even better the game control is phenomenal. This game is so good you can beat it over and over again and it just never gets boring! This game is absolutely a must-play game! On your first time going through it could take about 7-14 hours to complete, while once you get used to it and get really good you can easily beat it in 1 hour or less.
Even after beating this game multiple times, I look on the internet to find rom hacks of it just to continue to enjoy its spectacular gameplay!

darklordsarumon9
Herogashix's list
Kommisar's list
Popsicle3000's list
wildfireskunk's list
Next Persons snes list/favorites/reviews/recommendations (make a post)

TAS Videos:
Another really cool thing about Super Nintendo is a lot of people like to see how far they can push a game in its limits. So there's a site dedicated to making Tool Assisted Speedruns of most of the popular games. Basically that means a person slows down a game to where you can input a command for every frame, and then when you play it back at normal speed, it would be like a human playing with perfect reflexes, beating the game as fast as the game will allow for. Of course there are always new strategies being discovered for certain games, and new glitches being found to help speed up the beating of the game. It's all for entertainment purposes, and most games are beaten in an hour or less, so check them out if you're bored or are looking to kill some time or just want to be completely mind blown!
http://tasvideos.org/Movies-SNES.html

I hope a lot of people will be interested in this thread, with over 700 snes games I'd think everyone here had to have at least played and enjoyed a few of them

Last edited by icontrolyourworld; 06-10-2012 at 11:03 AM..
icontrolyourworld is offline   Reply With Quote