Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-23-2012, 03:18 PM   #1
Choofers
FFR Player
FFR Music Producer

I'm sure quite a few people know this already, but I'm addicted to energy drinks. Like... I drink one or two a day lmao. And I thought it would be cool to make an energy drink review thread that I update regularly. Whether I drink obscure/local brands or the major brands, it doesn't matter. I'll also be reviewing some of the alcoholic energy drinks (four loko, sparks, etc), but those are, for the most part, bad.

Anyway... In my opinion, there are two people that drink energy drinks. People who enjoy the taste, and people who enjoy the energy buzz they get. Some drinks are stronger than others, and we all know that they taste different. So here we go!

"Taste" and "Buzz" are obvious. "Crash" is based on how bad I feel a couple hours after I'm done with the buzz. Higher numbers are stronger crashes. "Overall" is also obvious.

*cracks open an Amp*

Red Bull:
Red Bull (lol what else is there)
As one of the first (the first?) out on the market, this has garnered Red Bull as a sort of front man for energy drinks. While it definitely doesn't taste bad, it's overpriced and a bit weak, compared to other brands. It's pretty smooth, taste isn't overpowering. Buzz is underwhelming, although it might be from all of the stronger drinks I've had in the 3-4 years I've been drinking them. Good with vodka or jager though (JAGERBOMBS).
Taste - 7/10
Buzz - 4/10
Crash - 1/10
Overall - 6/10

AMP Products:
Red Can (Boost Cherry)
Amp, at least the green and red cans, are very sweet. I liken the green can to a melted slurpee, and the red can is no different. Sweet, and the aftertaste is pretty good. When I say sweet, it's not a sickly sweet... Unless you're drinking more than one xd. Buzz is pretty strong, much more noticeable than Red Bull's (but not as strong as a Rockstar).
Taste - 8/10
Buzz - 6/10
Crash - 3/10
Overall - 6/10

---

will update with a new drink tomorrow morning !!

Last edited by nois-or-e; 04-23-2012 at 10:34 PM..
Choofers is offline   Reply With Quote