Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-25-2005, 06:17 PM   #1
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

Default 1 Day TWG on AIM

I just thought about it, and in real life, you wouldn't spread a game of Mafia/TWG over a week, you'd do it in one day. Now you can't do this quite the same over the internet, but I had a cool idea:

What if we got a group of 15 or so of us who could all be guaranteed to be online for several hours, made a TWG chat on AIM, and played a quick game as though it were in real life? Everybody would be invited to the chat, and we could make it a rule that all text is in Times New Roman or Arial, not bolded, or use underlining for votes. Things would be much faster, but it'd be more personal and the fast pace would insure activity. Having everybody be active means that wolves may slip up in the chat and personal AIM convos.

Also, since I'm basing this off of real life games, the rules would be like they are IRL. When you die, your role is told to everybody and you must be completely silent (in this case you'd just leave the chat and never return or talk to the living in private convos). In order to maintain the fast pace, there wouldn't be a story (a lot of people don't read those anyway, I'm pretty sure).

The only problem is getting 15 people with a few hours to spare. Perhaps the game size could be lower to have 2 wolves and 10 or so people? I'm not sure on proper proportions for shrinking the game size, but I think we should try this some time. So, who would be willing to blow a few hours on TWG over AIM?

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
evilbutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote