Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-13-2011, 01:50 AM   #11
stavie33
FFR Player
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

How could anyone make Op. 10 a VC? If it becomes one, we may as well start moving Choprite, Novo, Jeanie, and nearly every other low FMO into VC territory. The jacks in Op 10 are clear FMO material, something that no VC currently has, or should have, same reason Novo is an FMO, since a roll wall like that is in nearly no VC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Winged Angel View Post
Jacks probably wouldn't seem as daunting to most FFR players as they are today if the avmiss glitch never existed and more jack-heavy files were accepted in the past as opposed to just March? 2008 and later. Even then, tons of stepartists were probably reluctant to submit jack-heavy files after the reception that Club received lol.

On a related note, difficulty spikes are fucking gay and will always cause arguments when trying to determine the difficulty of a file. My personal opinion, I don't think the jacks in Op. 10 are really enough to push the file over the FMO barrier but clearly the statistics prove otherwise.

p.s. still firmly believe Jamais Deux should be FMO just because it's only 800 notes long if you completely Disregard the VD level intro that goes for 400 notes...had it been three straight minutes of 240 bpm jumpstream and weird bursts, yeah FGO for sure, but it's like 70 seconds or probably even less...then again, you could counter with Lolo but that should probably be FMO too lmao
Look, we NEED to stop moving borderline files everywhere, it's causing a lot of trouble and screwing up the rating system. We have borderline files for a reason, and if we move them we look at them at what their position is as the cutoff line.

Not a single VC is as hard to AAA as Op 10, so it's a FMO borderline file, since nothing under it is as hard (Choprite should be VC though, it's soooo much easier than 80% of upper VC's, and has nearly no hard parts that compare to FMO's). Likewise, nothing under Lolo is as hard as Lolo or Jamaix. Can you think of one FMO that compares to the speed part in Jamaix and the 32nd stream wall? The highest FMO's are Anti-ares and Gymnastics. Gymnastics is pretty much mid-VC through low FMO until a 3 second mini jack jump fest, THREE ****ING SECONDS. Lolo is 36 seconds of brutal, fast, framer filled mess of an FGO. If it were 2 minutes of that shit I'm sure it would be around the difficulty of Kidney Stone.

These files should remain where they are, unless you can find a lower file with similar patterns or consistency (which I don't see for Op 10 at all, no VC has anything that can compare to it's jacks, also, Club is leagues easier than it IMO). We've defined them as border files, and until a change in the system, leave them unless it's blatantly obvious, stats included. In this case, Choprite should be VC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DossarLX ODI View Post
Um yeah, I just tried Op. 10 again and got 3 random goods in the 32nd triples lol. It's been a long time since I've played the file and still manage to AAA the jacks first try (and this is with my right wrist currently in a weird condition). They aren't even that long, and if you guys think the short 16th jumpjack section right after is hard, I'm starting to doubt how there are so many good scores on heavy jacking files like bmv and Across Rooftops that have MUCH worse anchors. The jumpjacks flow perfectly fine and are at a good speed.
bmv jacks are the nastiest shit ever, can't do them worth crap, way too many. Op. 10 jacks are close by, but not as difficult. Across Rooftops jacks are piss easy don't know what you're smoking, the only thing that makes the file remotely hard is the jump patterns at the end, which are less jacks and more mini jacks/jumps. This is all IMO of course

EDIT: Hammy made my triple post go away, nice, never seen that done before
You're holding me down (Oh Oh)
Turning me round (Oh Oh)
Filling me up with your rules (Oooh)

Last edited by stavie33; 07-13-2011 at 02:08 AM..
stavie33 is offline   Reply With Quote