Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Stepmania
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-28-2011, 11:10 PM   #11
Jousway
FFR Player

Default Re: So let's talk about QED stepfiles. (Let's talk about StepMania actually.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrxero64 View Post
Ah, you are correct. The problem is Jousway purposely leaves out details (such as what he initially PM'd QED) to make points that are very biased. I do apologize for that, but I'm glad that question got answered. Which gives the notion that Jousway may have influenced an opinion upon QED before the thread was even read, which I believe he did.

The problem is, and I will stand by it, he was incapable of answering some questions, even the ones I didn't ask. I would have a been a lot more considerate if he would have addressed that he is one of many steppers, and that no style is correct. But he made a point that you don't need to be technical, and it only makes sense that criticism will come along. Just like any argument, you need to address the counter arguments that may come at you.

I don't appreciate the representation he made of SM, as if he was the only one that knew what to do. I asked him specifically what other communities may help me, and he said something along the lines of "there are some out there, not really sure." You, QED, and I are well aware of what we say and what intentions we have in phrasing certain answers. For him to continuously present his email and youtube was a bit narcissistic. Even simple things like the program should have been credited. He didn't create the program, so what's the fault in saying "go to stepmania.com if you want to know more about the program" or something similar? I have a lot of issues in the way he conducted, all excluding the approach and organization (which I could go on for hours about). But plagiarism is never a good thing, whether intentional or unintentional. It's something you learn when you create your first history report in middle school (not meant to belittle yours or QED's intelligence, just a general statement). It's not accepted in music, literature, art, or any other expressive outlet of creativity. It's based on the ethics that taking credit for someone else's work is immoral. Whether or not it's right, we could debate for years. But the fact is if he wouldn't like someone taking credit for his work, then the same should apply. I don't mean simfiles, I mean programs, progress over the years in simfile creation, leaving out important information about communities, disregarding questions about pads because they don't interest you, etc.

This is where I have issues, and I'm going to stand by them.
dude stop that its like you are trying to kick me in the balls on purpose
the reason I didnt show the QED PM's is because it wouldnt be nice right, like you already were mad at me one time about what happened on SMO and now I should show them I dunno.
only you might see it as arrogant or whatever, but I'm just saying the way I saw things for the last year and an half, and look at my posts and what I said, its not like I'm trying to destroy ffr, I want it to improve for newer players because the join rate is really small, like srsly stop countering everything I say, its just my opinion.

Jousway is offline   Reply With Quote