Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-28-2009, 05:40 PM   #1
remedy1502
remederpin
FFR Veteran

Default Beach Volleyball: Canadian Nationals

Hey guys,

As some of you know, I'm participating in the Canadian Beach Volleyball National Tournament this weekend, division 18U, and I kinda wanted to make a thread and update it and such for you guys to see. I'm also gonna post whatever decent pictures I can get from the weekend.

Friday August 28th:
Pool play (round robin):
We're the only Ontario team in our pool, and I didn't really know if it was a good thing or a bad thing. Turned out that we had a really hard pool, and, well, it kinda sucked and made it pretty hard. Not to mention the weather; it was extremely windy and cold, and it started to rain about halfway through the day. We lost our first two games to the 2nd place BC team and the 1st place Alberta team, but we bounced back in the last game to beat a team from Quebec fairly easily. Unfortunately, this 3rd place in our pool makes us go into Tier 2 for the rest of the tournament. Tomorrow is the repooling, where we play the same format against the other teams in our tier 2 pool. Apparently tomorrow is supposed to storm, so I'm not expecting the weather to get better.

tl;dr version:
3rd in our pool, making us tier 2 for the rest of the tournament.

Saturday August 29th:
Repool for Tier 2:
Tough losses against two of the strongest teams in the tournament, dropping us to tier 2, where we really believe we can at least medal, if not win. Our first game was going extremely well, we won the first set 21-10 (yay we're awesome), then we lost the 2nd set 21-18 (aww we suck), then the third set was just stupid, can't remember the score, i think it was 15-11. We really should have won, all these guys did was bang balls, they didn't have any shots; my partner was having a rough time blocking for some reason, not taking away much court. Won 2nd game nice and easy, 3rd game was extremely tough, we played well, although we could have played better. 3rd set we could have and SHOULD have won, we were up 13-10 in the third and ended up losing 13-15. It really sucked, and cause of these two stupid losses we ended up third in our pool, instead of at LEAST 2nd which was entirely possible.
So now tomorrow is playoffs and we have an easy first round match regardless, we play 2nd of the other T2 pool, but the pool is made up of all the teams who ended up losing their pools on friday. I believe that we will definitely win this first round match and semis shouldn't be too hard either, there really aren't any amazing Tier 2 teams (hence why they're T2 xD)
I got a picture of a sick dig from today, but I'll put it up tomorrow cause I don't have the camera atm and I'm just about to go to bed (bed at 9:40... tbh it feels like it's at least 11 for me xD I'll feel really good in the morning =D)

tl;dr version: Lost a game when we should have dummied the team, lost a very close game for 1st in the pool, ended up 3rd in pool.
Tomorrow's first playoff game is against 2nd of the other T2 pool.

Pictures:
(Anyone know how I can make these smaller?)
Friday:
I have no really good pictures from today, my mom came only for one game =(

Saturday:
Here's a bunch, I got lazy and picked kinda decent ones, they're not great pics, but whatever. Including dig lol.

Lol look at that wide open line shot, I'm pretty sure that's what I did too. xD

Ohhh dime set. :P

DIG!

Oh damn cutty I better get this ball up.

Here I go!

Dive...

YAY! It's up!

Anyone know how I can make these smaller?

Last edited by remedy1502; 08-31-2009 at 01:33 PM..
remedy1502 is offline   Reply With Quote