Banned

Default My tornado project what would you rate it on the 1-5 point rubric

Tornadoes

Tyler Fierro

2/28/2008

Severe weathering

Tornado

Research paper

Have you ever seen a tornado or cyclone and wondered how it was formed or how we should prepare for one happening, well I’ve wondered about all this so I’m here to tell you facts, occurrences and many other things about these raving fast spinning monsters we call tornadoes.

First off many tornadoes form a year and many are small but some are medium size or huge. The way they start is very interesting. First cold winds and hot winds hit each other coming in different directions in the sky high above and when this happens it forms a big storm then when the storms been going for a while straight winds form and hit head on and what straight winds are winds that travel straight ahead at fast miles and when they hit head on from different directions it causes the storm to start spinning at fast miles which causes the formation of a tornado and the winds of a tornado usually vary from about 70 miles to 410 miles. Another rare way a tornado could form is a column of strongly rising warm air is set spinning by high winds at a clouds top. Now these are the way tornadoes form.

Now I’m going to tell you the average damage tornadoes cause and about how many happen a year with a few facts. So first of some of these tornadoes cause tremendous damage and some cause hardly any. To get into more detail tornadoes the big ones can sometimes cause devastating damage to incredible damage well constructed houses leveled structures with week foundations blown some distance and much more damage. What smaller tornadoes usually cause is light damage, some damage to chimneys, branches broken off trees, shallow rooted tree’s pushes over, and sign boards damaged. The average damage of a tornado is a F1 which cause is moderate damage, peels surface of roofs, mobile homes pushed off foundations or overturned, moving cars blown off roads and the winds are 116-180. About 800 tornadoes form a every single year.

The reason you should protect yourself or prepare for one of these monsters is because your house can be ruined if one big tornado collides into it. Also you should always prepare with food and make an escape plan. The reason you should have backup food in a safe place with shelter from a tornado is because sometimes a tornado can stay formed for hours and hours and you should have food for you to eat during this. The reason you should have an escape plan to shelter from a tornado is because you should always be protected from tornadoes during it. Even if you live somewhere where tornadoes hardly every happen is because one day a huge tornado can come and put you in an unsafe position without an escape plan and no backup food.

So know that you know all the damage and causes of a tornado are you should know to always be prepared. And if you are not yet you should make a plan and ask to get food for a backup plan. And never run to one of these tornadoes if you see one because you can never really tell which way they are going. And manly because stuff can always fly out of a tornado

Bibliography
Lutgens, Fredrick k., Tarbuck , Edward J.
Earth science, Boston, Massachusetts.
Pearson Prentice Hall, 2006
........................................................................................................
I just threw this together because i find a Interest in tornadoes and i made an old Fashion Bibliography
ty77le77r77 is offline   Reply With Quote