Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-7-2007, 02:59 PM   #1
DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
Default TWG XLII Host Voting

I think it's my job to do this.

Anyone with ideas for the next twg, post 'em and I'll add them to this post.

-

I don't know if both of these are considered seperate suggestions, I haven't had much time to look over this, so I'm adding both of them.

Rioting's idea:

A "wolf bite" power for the wolves would add a level of uncertainty to the play. The way that works: once per game during the night phase any surviving wolves can vote for one non-wolf player to "bite" and convert that player into a wolf. However they can only perform this action if after they have bitten someone greens/blues outnumber reds by at least 1. So, for example:

Legal:
3 Wolves, 7 Humans/Blues >>> bite >>> 4 Wolves, 6 Humans/Blues.
2 Wolves, 5 Humans/Blues >>> bite >>> 3 Wolves, 4 Humans/Blues.

Illegal:
3 Wolves, 3 Humans/Blues >>> bite >>> 4 Wolves, 2 Humans/Blues.
3 Wolves, 5 Humans/Blues >>> bite >>> 4 Wovles, 4 Humans/Blues.

Additionally the bite action turns the master wolf (if alive) into a regular wolf. If the wolves try to convert the wolfsbane, a random wolf dies and the wolfsbane does not convert. A conversion cannot be prevented by either guard or wolfsbane, except in the case where wolves try to convert they wolfsbane themself. However, if the wolves convert a blue person, the wolves can gain their power as follows:

Seer >>> bite >>> Wolf Seer
Psychic >>> bite >>> Master Wolf (old master wolf still becomes regular)
Guardian >>> bite >>> Regular Wolf
Wolfsbane >>> bite >>> One of the wolves dies

The game I would propose with this setup would be:

16 Players
  • 1 Guardian
  • 1 Psychic (don't know if it's necessary, but could help in detecting bites)
  • 1 Seer
  • 1 Wolfsbane

• 2 Regular Wolves
  • 1 Master Wolf

• 9 Humans

• Reversed voting (vote for most human)

Stoic's idea:

Seeing the general consensus above and also being an advocate of non-traditional games, I think we should aim to implement some form of mechanic change into the current game idea, along with reversed voting. Like wilkin pointed out, chardish's statue game was fairly well thought-out and gave the game a lot more to ponder over.

I think we should try and go somewhere with talisman's artifact idea. Thinking it over very briefly, here's the what I have so far:

2 Perception artifacts
2 Deception artifacts
2 Protection artifacts
2 Charismatic artifacts
1 Good-luck artifact
1 Unknown artifact

with:

2 Wolves
2 Wolf thieves

4 Humans
4 Human thieves
3 Human artifact decipherers
1 Human master thief

At the start of the game, the artifacts will be randomly distributed among all players, including wolves. Each night, anyone with a thief role can PM the name of one person they'd like to steal from. If this person has 1 or more artifacts, the thief steals them. If multiple people try and steal from the same person, it will be randomly determined who actually succeeds. If the master thief attempts to steal from someone with an artifact, or more, he will always succeed. If no one attempts to steal from the owner of an artifact, there is a 50% chance it will be lost and randomly found by another player, including wolves. If an artifact decipherer comes into possession of an artifact, they will be able to immediately recognize it's abilities and use it accordingly.

Each artifact will have a functional power for both the wolves and the humans, but the exact details of the artifacts are unknown to all.

- possible reverse voting

SO FAR

Stoic (2) - DBP, iggy

Iggy911Mc (12:55:49 AM): Mudkip is a Koala Bear.

Last edited by DiscoBobbyPARANOiA; 02-9-2007 at 07:11 AM..
DiscoBobbyPARANOiA is offline   Reply With Quote