Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2006, 04:17 PM   #1
xxH03xx
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to xxH03xx
Default War Rock

This is a new PC game that came out a while ago.this is only the beta so go download it and play.you can get the game here www.warrock.net

xxH03xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 04:45 PM   #2
Tasuke
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tasuke Send a message via MSN to Tasuke
Default Re: War Rock

this looks pretty neat, i'm gonna check it out.
Old 09-16-2006, 04:58 PM   #3
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

What kind of FPS is it? Just deathmatch? Capturing points? It doesn't seem to come right out and say THIS IS WHAT THE GAME IS. Well, it makes it sound like small-scale deathmatch, but the inclusion of vehicles (especially aircraft) makes me doubt that. >__>

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
evilbutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 08:58 AM   #4
ToshX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

I heard this was a free(but crappy) version of BF2. I guess it's nice for the general FFR to get it, since a lot of us don't want to pay. I don't mind, but I'd rather play a lower quality game with friends than a higher quality one without friends. I'll get this if three other people do first.

EDIT:
Quote:
THE MOST DYNAMIC COMBAT EXPERIENCE EVER!

War Rock is a Free2Play™ tactical first person shooter (FPS) where players have the option to purchase access to a wide variety of gameplay enhancing items and services – or play the game as it is without ever paying a dime.

Currently in Open Beta, War Rock is populated by thousands of players at any given time in servers all over the world. With a wide variety of customizable weaponry and vehicles, intuitive controls, and multiple battle modes, War Rock is a blast for seasoned FPS veterans and first-timers alike. Join us and see why War Rock is among the top 5 downloads on FilePlanet.com!

EASY TO LEARN

* Very low entry threshold and immediate access to action-packed frag-fests, even for casual players.

FREE2PLAY™

* Unique Free2Play™ access and player options to purchase gameplay enhancing items, services, and products, or play entirely for free

FREQUENT UPDATES

* Frequent add-ons and updates that include maps, weapons, vehicles, and game-play modes driven by Player Request.

EFFICIENT ENGINE

* The extremely efficient Jindo game engine supports incredible graphics and high framerates despite low system requirements.

VARIETY OF COMBAT EXPERIENCES

* Mission scenarios between strike teams, Infantry-level firefights, or even Combined Arms engagements with gunboats, attack helicopters, and tanks – the player makes the choice, not the game.
ToshX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 02:34 PM   #5
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToshX
I heard this was a free(but crappy) version of BF2.
I'd rather just keep playing BF2 with my roommate. =P

And that thing you quoted still doesn't really say what kind of game modes there are exactly.

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
evilbutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 11:08 AM   #6
xxH03xx
FFR Player

this game has everthing.they have bomb games and huge deathmatch with soo many vehicles.its fun

Old 09-17-2006, 11:10 AM   #7
natetheffrer
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to natetheffrer

AT LEAST PUT ONE SPACE BETWEEN SENTENCES. LIKE THAT.NOT LIKE THIS
Old 09-17-2006, 01:15 PM   #8
ToshX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

At least he uses periods.

I guess if you even get one person to play this, I'll join it. It doesn't look that terrible.
Old 09-17-2006, 02:11 PM   #9
xxH03xx
FFR Player

the game is like cs but better. and who carea bout the way people type. these are forums u nerds

Old 09-17-2006, 03:43 PM   #10
MCRenaissance
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to MCRenaissance Send a message via MSN to MCRenaissance

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxH03xx
the game is like cs but better.
Bull****
Quote:
and who carea bout the way people type. these are forums u nerds
The way you type is very important. It's basically the biggest thing that stands out about how intelligent you are since we aren't exactly around you to tell otherwise. You have also just stated the most important factor against you in your argument. THIS IS A FORUM NOT A CHAT, so you have the time to spell out everything you wish to say. It's also very hard to understand someone when they spell like a goddamn 7 year old. This cannot be stated enough man.

Last edited by MCRenaissance; 09-17-2006 at 03:45 PM..
MCRenaissance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 05:51 PM   #11
Codename46
FFR Player

The weapons system is too limited in WarRock to be a legit tactical multiplayer shooter.

fail.
Codename46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 09:53 PM   #12
xxH03xx
FFR Player

its only a beta noob

Old 09-17-2006, 10:36 PM   #13
Codename46
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCRenaissance
Still fail for trying to say it's better than CS.

EDIT: oh, and cuz ur BORIS.
QFT

Quote:
its only a beta noob
Still. I don't like the game concept. While CS manages to include weapons that seem reasonable in a police/military police/CQB situation, War Rock seems like a mass infantry shooter that includes anachronistic weapons like the MP5k just to add variety to the game, a concept that really makes a lot of the tactical shooters fail in my opinion. If you want a CQB-type shooter, stick with CQB weapons (i.e no RPG's and all that overkill crap). If you want a realistic mass-infantry shooter then don't implement weapons that probably won't be used in real life.
Codename46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 10:25 PM   #14
MCRenaissance
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to MCRenaissance Send a message via MSN to MCRenaissance

Still fail for trying to say it's better than CS.

EDIT: oh, and cuz ur BORIS.
Old 09-21-2006, 05:08 PM   #15
ToshX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Alright, a LOT of people are looking down on this. More than I thought, even.

But hell, if I ever get in the mood to download it, I will. I know it's not a big file, and I also know it can potentially be fun, even though I have an enormous selection of MMORPGs since that's pretty much all I do all day.

But I'd say it's worth a shot in a whenever-I-feel-like-it time period. I could download it today, or next week, not sure, but I will download it eventually and post about how it was, gametypes, etc. and everything people wanted when I do.
===
I downloaded this game, but I haven't installed it. I'll go play it and come back to explain the game more thoroughly and stuff.

My account name is Alizee. I don't even have it installed, so I don't know what server or character I'll be, but I hope to have the same character name as my account name. I'll probably be playing on the first server, unless it is full, whichever that is.
Old 09-21-2006, 05:10 PM   #16
businessman07
Banned

it's pretty cool.
businessman07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 05:54 PM   #17
lord_carbo
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to lord_carbo

WarRock is a piece of ****.

Why?

The biggest problem is lighting. Holy ****ing **** are you kidding me? 2/3s of my screen is black half the time because the lighting sucks.

Second problem is balance. It sucks. Heavy infantry units stink. Being an engineer is too situational and slow and you'll want to stick with being a medic. And in order to have good weapons, you need to constantly be playing the game (see below).

Third problem is you can't change the controls. This sucks for me because my settings are really messed up for most games (example: I use F to reload.). Beta? Who cares, no excuse for the lack of something so important in a game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToshX View Post
But I'd say it's worth a shot in a whenever-I-feel-like-it time period. I could download it today, or next week, not sure, but I will download it eventually and post about how it was, gametypes, etc. and everything people wanted when I do.
This game is the exact opposite of a "whenever-I-feel-like-it" game.

Want a weapon? Cool. 3-30 days later it'll disappear. Then combine that with the fact primary weapons suck. The only primary weapon that doesn't completely blow is the sniper rifle.

Last edited by lord_carbo; 09-21-2006 at 05:56 PM..
lord_carbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 09:30 PM   #18
xxH03xx
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord_carbo View Post
WarRock is a piece of ****.

Why?

The biggest problem is lighting. Holy ****ing **** are you kidding me? 2/3s of my screen is black half the time because the lighting sucks.

Second problem is balance. It sucks. Heavy infantry units stink. Being an engineer is too situational and slow and you'll want to stick with being a medic. And in order to have good weapons, you need to constantly be playing the game (see below).

Third problem is you can't change the controls. This sucks for me because my settings are really messed up for most games (example: I use F to reload.). Beta? Who cares, no excuse for the lack of something so important in a game.

This game is the exact opposite of a "whenever-I-feel-like-it" game.

Want a weapon? Cool. 3-30 days later it'll disappear. Then combine that with the fact primary weapons suck. The only primary weapon that doesn't completely blow is the sniper rifle.
i see non of the problems u mention.sry for the double post

Old 09-22-2006, 05:58 PM   #19
ToshX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

I played this game, and it turned about to be pretty decent. When I say that, I mean decent, not good, or bad.

Alright, well, the classes weren't different enough for it to really be noticable. There's a sniper(a person with normal guns and a sniper), and medic(same guns and a little selfhealing), a normal person(same guns), and this heavy unit(same guns with rocket launcher). Well, I dunno, they could at least make TWO of the default guns different.

Alright, well, that's just fine, but I shot someone, they died. About literally 20 seconds later, it said I got shot by the person I killed. It's kinda odd how it happened, since the person was shooting the wrong way when aiming at me, anyway. It just happens with the way it works.

Oh, and the modes. There's mission mode, which is like a TDM where you have to kill the enemy in a certain amount of time, or until they kill you. There's a real TDM, where you actually respawn and have some counter at the top of the screen. It seems to go down, so it's probably going down when someone gets killed, depending onthe team.

Then there's Vehicle-Only mode. I don't really like the vehicles in this game, so I didn't play it, but I'm sure it's just that, a war between a bunch of people in vehicles. Really, why would you play an FPS for a vehicle-only mode? If you're gonna do that, play something like Space Cowboy.

Alright, anyway, it was decent, and I mean just decent. 5 out of 10. Unless you're really into this kind of game, I don't recommend you get it. I really like FPS, but I don't really think I can play this game for more than a week, even if I force myself.
Old 09-23-2006, 10:50 AM   #20
lord_carbo
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to lord_carbo

Quote:
same guns same guns same guns
Wow how many shooters have you played.

That's the primary gun, meaning it's the most basic of guns that comes with each class and they're not the strongest.

That said, the classes are much different. Maybe not THAT much different, but different, none the less. For example, heavy infantry units suck, and like every other single game in existance scouts are good.

Quote:
Then there's Vehicle-Only mode. I don't really like the vehicles in this game, so I didn't play it, but I'm sure it's just that, a war between a bunch of people in vehicles. Really, why would you play an FPS for a vehicle-only mode? If you're gonna do that, play something like Space Cowboy.
Correction: it really isn't vehicle only, they're just really large maps with more vehicles.