Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-7-2011, 09:43 AM   #1
iironiic
D6 FFR Legacy Player
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default If you want to change one thing in the past, what would it be?

Everyone lives an imperfect life and we learn from our mistakes. Unfortunately we can't change the past but if we can, what would your one moment be? Feel free to discuss why.

For me, I want to take back all of my cruel actions I have done in the past, especially back at elementary school. I feel that most of my personality is based on those few moments when I was considered "a bully" back then. If I didn't have that personality back then, I'd understand my own values and needs today, which is essential for me to be happy and not hurt others. I still regret my actions to this day and it will always continue to haunt me. I hope I don't continue living my life in regret and pain or anger.

How about you?
iironiic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-7-2011, 10:09 AM   #2
Sephiroth28
Snake Princess
FFR Veteran

Default Re: If you want to change one thing in the past, what would it be?

I don't know. If you make a change with something that is too vague then it could change who you are today and how you think whether that's a good or bad thing. It would probably be smart to think of a single occurrence that haunts you and change the outcome so you could live your life more peacefully. For me it would be when I beat up a kid in 2nd grade. He was the bully and I was kinda meek but something happened and I just snapped during a P.E. class. The kid was sent to the hospital but didn't end up with any permanent physical damage, but when he came back he was a different person. He closed himself off from people and was always alone. I don't know how not beating him up would change things but it would be better for my conscience knowing that I didn't.
Old 04-7-2011, 10:39 AM   #3
TC_Chronichild420
Aged Stoner
FFR Veteran

If I could change one thing about my past, be it a single event that has effect on my everyday actions, I would change how I dropped out of high-school.

When I was in grade 10 I just didn't give a shit, I thought I was king shit, selling weed making a few grand a month, but now that I'm older and finally finished with high-school, I look back on my life and how I was and think about how retarded I was for giving up just like that and being such a drug focused person. (Despite my forum name, which I'd love to get changed >.<) Dropping out changed me as a person, made me more of a dick to everyone, jealous of people in school, and just generally dissatisfied with the human race in general (Mostly because of myself, mind you).

Dropping out of high-school changed me for the worse, until I realized how pathetic I was becoming.

Dropping that from memory would be awesome...

Now I'm 20, and just graduated last June right after my 20th birthday, which is pretty sad.

College & University in Sept though, Business and Horticulture, Brock and Niagara. So happy.

Although, I could have been there 3 years ago.
Old 04-7-2011, 03:31 PM   #4
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC_Chronichild420 View Post
Now I'm 20, and just graduated last June right after my 20th birthday, which is pretty sad.

College & University in Sept though, Business and Horticulture, Brock and Niagara. So happy.

Although, I could have been there 3 years ago.
I'm 22, I graduated in June 2005 when I was 16 which is pretty cool but...

- I wasted 2 years doing maths and working because I was horribly behind and I was missing requirements.
- I wasted 1 year doing a certification that I failed on third semester. (but I could transfer credits from those classes to my main course so, it wasn't so bad)
- I wasted 3 years doing the College course of Computer Science to figure out that I'm constantly failing every programming-related classes while doing okay on everything else. ?_?
- I'm currently at my 8th semester and still lol-taking random classes and passing enough of them to not get kicked out. /halp

I wish I would have dropped that before and came out with some great idea but yeah, even now I don't know what I want to do so, I just keep running in circle in that course and every teachers knows me and they're like what you're still here? I think it's funny but at same time I'm starting to wonder what the hell I should have done. Next step would be to try with contacts to figure out a place where they could somehow accept me and teach me what I'm missing and then work but I don't know. It's not like I messed up somewhere really bad or anything, I just don't know what to do. I don't need to change the past, I need to change the present lmao..

So, yeah I quoted you TC_Chronichild420 because even if you're a bit late to start things up, if everything goes smoothly from there you may even get done with this before someone who started a lot sooner.

Last edited by Hakulyte; 04-7-2011 at 03:36 PM..
Hakulyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-8-2011, 08:29 AM   #5
TC_Chronichild420
Aged Stoner
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
- I wasted 2 years doing maths and working because I was horribly behind and I was missing requirements.
- I wasted 1 year doing a certification that I failed on third semester. (but I could transfer credits from those classes to my main course so, it wasn't so bad)
- I wasted 3 years doing the College course of Computer Science to figure out that I'm constantly failing every programming-related classes while doing okay on everything else. ?_?
- I'm currently at my 8th semester and still lol-taking random classes and passing enough of them to not get kicked out. /halp

I wish I would have dropped that before and came out with some great idea but yeah, even now I don't know what I want to do so, I just keep running in circle in that course and every teachers knows me and they're like what you're still here? I think it's funny but at same time I'm starting to wonder what the hell I should have done. Next step would be to try with contacts to figure out a place where they could somehow accept me and teach me what I'm missing and then work but I don't know. It's not like I messed up somewhere really bad or anything, I just don't know what to do. I don't need to change the past, I need to change the present lmao..
Wow eh. Hopefully once I'm in college and uni, I don't start to think this isn't what I want to do anymore.

Definitely an eye opening post though man. Thanks.
Old 04-7-2011, 11:34 AM   #6
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

I would have gone to Stanford, Harvard, or MIT instead of Wharton if I could do it all again. I'm an engineer at heart. Business is fun but it doesn't make my heart sing in the same way that problemsolving/coding does. There's too much BS in business that takes the fun out of what it could otherwise be.

Alternatively, I would have been a lot more aggressive with dating in high school. Had I known that you truly don't really see people from high school again when you move on to college, I would have been a lot less risk-averse.

Last edited by Reincarnate; 04-7-2011 at 11:37 AM..
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-7-2011, 11:37 AM   #7
kommisar
Dark Chancellor
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to kommisar Send a message via MSN to kommisar

I would've taken part in the 1812 burning of the whitehouse
Old 04-7-2011, 02:00 PM   #8
G.S.M
He is watching
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iironiic View Post
Everyone lives an imperfect life and we learn from our mistakes. Unfortunately we can't change the past but if we can, what would your one moment be? Feel free to discuss why.

For me, I want to take back all of my cruel actions I have done in the past, especially back at elementary school. I feel that most of my personality is based on those few moments when I was considered "a bully" back then. If I didn't have that personality back then, I'd understand my own values and needs today, which is essential for me to be happy and not hurt others. I still regret my actions to this day and it will always continue to haunt me. I hope I don't continue living my life in regret and pain or anger.

How about you?
Basically this except I was never a bully.
Old 04-7-2011, 02:59 PM   #9
qqwref
stepmania archaeologist
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I should have gone to Harvard or RPI instead of Caltech. It's not an objectively bad school, but their philosophy meshed really badly with mine, and I had a lot of administrative and personal problems that ended up ruining the experience. There were plenty of warning signs, but I figured I'd try hard and make it work no matter what happened (so it's really my fault as much as theirs). If I'd gone somewhere else, I'd be a senior now, but instead I'm waiting to see which of my transfer apps get accepted.

Oh well - life moves on
qqwref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-7-2011, 04:18 PM   #10
iironiic
D6 FFR Legacy Player
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by qqwref View Post
I should have gone to Harvard or RPI instead of Caltech. It's not an objectively bad school, but their philosophy meshed really badly with mine, and I had a lot of administrative and personal problems that ended up ruining the experience. There were plenty of warning signs, but I figured I'd try hard and make it work no matter what happened (so it's really my fault as much as theirs). If I'd gone somewhere else, I'd be a senior now, but instead I'm waiting to see which of my transfer apps get accepted.

Oh well - life moves on
I was admitted to RPI, but had to turn down the school because of cost issues :/
iironiic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-7-2011, 04:24 PM   #11
Mans0n
Sun and Stars
FFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Mans0n

If I could change the past, I would not have ever taken cocaine to school, because I got caught with it. And now I have to go to court on Wednesday because of it.

Though that's pretty much it, though in a way it was good for me to get caught because it opened my eyes.

Check out my band profile and give it a like! :P
Mans0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-7-2011, 05:03 PM   #12
MrGiggles
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MrGiggles Send a message via MSN to MrGiggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mans0n View Post
If I could change the past, I would not have ever taken cocaine to school, because I got caught with it. And now I have to go to court on Wednesday because of it.

Though that's pretty much it, though in a way it was good for me to get caught because it opened my eyes.
lmfao you took cocaine to school

dude wtf rofl

and then you got caught, like did you measure out some lines in the cafeteria and go nuts or what? Do they search your bag randomly?
Old 04-7-2011, 04:28 PM   #13
sakura080789
Rapture Universe
FFR Veteran

i just wish i would have taken the time to do well in my life insted of doing just nothing but hopefully things will turn around soon
Old 04-7-2011, 04:34 PM   #14
IAAW
FFR Player

If I could change anything, it would be so that I would be able to enjoy life more than I am enjoying life now. In my current situation, I am both unemployed and anti-social. Go me!
IAAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-7-2011, 05:09 PM   #15
BethanyBangs
~
FFR Veteran

Ahah if anything, the stupid thing i did in 7th grade. Wilson you can talk to me bout that if you wanna know more. xD
BethanyBangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-7-2011, 05:29 PM   #16
darkshark
Nothing.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to darkshark Send a message via MSN to darkshark Send a message via Yahoo to darkshark

I would have never quit my job to go stay with my girlfriend. It ruined my credit, and I became an emotional wreck from not having an income source for almost 6 months. I'm still recovering from the repercussions of it more than 2 years later.
darkshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-7-2011, 05:59 PM   #17
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkshark View Post
I would have never quit my job to go stay with my girlfriend. It ruined my credit, and I became an emotional wreck from not having an income source for almost 6 months. I'm still recovering from the repercussions of it more than 2 years later.
Ruined your credit how? Defaulting?

But yeah not having an income source is a mind-numbingly awful experience. Before my current job, I had been searching for like 6 months in a down economy (to be fair, I had to be picky). One of the worst feelings ever -- lack of control/freedom.
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-7-2011, 07:48 PM   #18
darkshark
Nothing.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to darkshark Send a message via MSN to darkshark Send a message via Yahoo to darkshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnate View Post
Ruined your credit how? Defaulting?

But yeah not having an income source is a mind-numbingly awful experience. Before my current job, I had been searching for like 6 months in a down economy (to be fair, I had to be picky). One of the worst feelings ever -- lack of control/freedom.
I simply didn't pay any of my bills, and at the time I had quite a few. Car loan, credit cards, phone bill, etc.

The only income I had coming in was from freelance work, and that was few and far between at that time, and anything I earned from that went towards living. Eventually had to go beg for my job back.
darkshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-7-2011, 05:31 PM   #19
Brycexx
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to Brycexx

I would have taken care of my throwing arm better instead of keeping my mouth shut about it hurting and abusing pain pills to make it through games that I pitched in. I'd still be playing baseball
Old 04-7-2011, 06:33 PM   #20
AsphyxZero
Banned
FFR Veteran

My entire childhood.
AsphyxZero is offline   Reply With Quote