Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Critical Thinking
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2011, 12:19 PM   #1
ffraxis
FFR Player

Default Drugs

Whats your opinion on drugs? All of us have done drugs at least once in our life (even if we didn't know that said substance is considered a drug) legal or illegal.

Do you support specific drugs? Why do you support these drugs? What are the pros/cons to this drug? Do you support drug groups, anti-drug groups? Do you support the business behind it or no?

Please, do tell.

Also in trying to support your point of view please pull some actual facts.
ffraxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 12:28 PM   #2
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Drugs

Since illegal drugs kill people, I can't help but saying illegal drugs are bad.

PS No way you're going to have a very stimulating conversation on legal drugs, and there's no reason to argue against them since the worst thing that can happen while taking them is some stupid side effect.

Trying cocaine once can kill you, taking an aspirin can save your life.

so in summary: Good drugs good, bad drugs bad.

rushyrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 02:18 PM   #3
aperson
FFR Hall of Fame
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to aperson

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushyrulz View Post
The difference between a medicine and a poison is dosage. Also, cocaine is used medicinally to numb the mouth when needed for surgery. That is why it is schedule II in the United States and not schedule I.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushyrulz
I've never tried marijuana, although I'm sure it's not too harmful to your health. It's probably the best option out of the non-chem drugs. Stay away from the shrooms and chem and you'll be fine.
What on Earth does 'non-chem' drugs mean? Everything in this world that is composed of atoms is a chemical. Everything you eat is a chemical. Vitamin C? Calcium? Sodium? You're a machine made of a bunch of chemicals so let's not act like putting a chemical in you is a bad idea for the sake of it being a chemical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScylaX View Post
It's kinda out of subject, but I don't see the point of living if it's about escaping from your perceptions that allows you to feel the world, just concentrate on how to be positive and the time will help you. Unless there is actually no way from escaping to your conditions.
You seem to be under the mistaken impression that the only reason people take drugs is to "artificially enjoy themselves." I've taken a wide variety of drugs and my primary purpose in doing them was to understand myself better. I find that you learn more about what you are actually composed of, both physically and mentally, by jarring the flow of things and seeing how your body copes with it. There are many others who share the same view, try googling the term 'Entheogen.'

Quote:
Originally Posted by zadkiel91 View Post
I agree with this. Weed is the only illegal drug that you can try without being addicted, and it was proven that it doesn't burn your neurons. That is BS. Try cocaine, or heroin or other man made garbage like smitty said and your life will go down the drain.
Some people can go shopping without getting addicted; some people are addicted to shopping and are in financial ruin. Some people smoke weed every once in awhile and go about their lives normally; some people spend all their time smoking weed and lose any motivation or direction in life. Some people try heroin once and their lives go into a downard spiral; some people try heroin a few times and decide it isn't for them.

Don't make blanket statements unless you know exactly what your blanket is covering.

Last edited by aperson; 01-20-2011 at 02:27 PM..
aperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 02:24 PM   #4
Yieldsign
FFR Player

Quote:

PS No way you're going to have a very stimulating conversation on legal drugs, and there's no reason to argue against them since the worst thing that can happen while taking them is some stupid side effect.

Are you serious? Are you serious?

While I'm no longer naive enough to support a fully libertarian blanket legalization of drugs, I'm certainly not naive enough to spout what you just said.

Quote:
Yeah because nothing legal has the potential to kill you if used irresponsibly. It's not like people regularly overdose on alcohol or anything (yeah, when you're vomiting your guts out over a toilet, this is an overdose). By the way, it's pretty factually wrong to say that the worst alcohol can do is a few "stupid side effects." Pretty sure alcohol causes a far larger amount of deaths than marijuana. So does oxycodone, hydrocodone, benzodiazepines (which, incidentally are one of the most commonly used suicide medications), skeletal muscle relaxers, and a variety of other legal medications. There are many very dangerous prescription medications out there that are often more addictive than a lot of street drugs. Oxycodone is more addictive than non-freebase cocaine, physically. So is morphine. Get your facts straight.

Quote:
This is so over the top it disgusts me. What are you, straight out of D.A.R.E.? The great majority of people who try cocaine do not die after cocaine use, especially the first time. Britain consumes 50 tons of cocaine each year, and I doubt you see 1,000,000 + Brits dying each year from first time cocaine use.

Quote:
PS No way you're going to have a very stimulating conversation on legal drugs
how presumptuous, but it turns out not everyone has the same high school opinion as you on drugs. In fact, some people actually know anything.
Yieldsign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 12:28 AM   #5
agonist
FFR Player

Quote:

Alcohol is a legal drug and is just as dangerous as illegal substances so there's actually a pretty good argument. The keyword here is moderation. Anything outside of moderation can be bad for your health and possibly dangerous to others. A moderate dose of ecstasy is no worse than getting stupid drunk. You might feel like crap the next morning either way, you might not. The funny thing is that most of the "drug r bad" people don't even bother to do proper research before they open their mouths. Yes, drugs can be bad. Sugar can be "bad." Salt can be "bad." Ecstasy was actually prescribed by doctors for relationship problems and it worked great. Only problem was that people liked it too much and abused it... the same problem with any other drug. It's all about moderation
agonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 12:31 PM   #6
badman7772
It happens for a reason.
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

^
Enough said. There's no such thing as an opinion on drugs.
Old 01-20-2011, 01:06 PM   #7
who_cares973
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973

Quote:

I can't tell if you're being serious with that post or not. Death is a very serious side effect like with any drug legal or not that's what overdosing does.
Quote:
Originally Posted by badman7772 View Post
^
Enough said. There's no such thing as an opinion on drugs.
I really hope you're kidding
Old 01-20-2011, 04:03 PM   #8
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by who_cares973 View Post
I can't tell if you're being serious with that post or not. Death is a very serious side effect like with any drug legal or not that's what overdosing does.
Overdosing on water can kill you. I'm just saying that taking a single pill of a legal drug vs. taking a single pill of an illegal drug. If we're on the topic of overdosing, you're dead either way. I'd go ahead and say any legal drug that might result in death is a. sufficiently informed, b. had law suits against it.

Comparing dying from having some bad cocaine to dying from taking 8 tylenol is illogical.

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScylaX View Post
Lol what the ****.
Good drugs = good / Bad drugs = Bad ? Just were did you brought that from ? That's some frightening conclusion right there.

If cigarette was innoxious, it wouldn't kill that much people every year. Same thing for alcohol. Just compare marijuana (illegal) to tabacco (legal) with a serious method and you'll realize the first one is almost inoffensive compared to the second one.
Um, what?

You're comparing bad drugs to bad drugs, I didn't say legal drugs are good and illegal drugs are bad. I said good drugs are good and bad drugs are bad. Tobacco and cigarettes are by no stretch of the imagination a 'good drug, legal or not...

Last edited by rushyrulz; 01-20-2011 at 04:10 PM..
Old 01-20-2011, 12:35 PM   #9
VarleyisDance
Sassy
FFR Veteran

Marijuana should be legal just the same as alcohol and cigarettes, the effects arent near as harmful as other illegal drugs

Quote:
Ke$ha's birthday? wasted thread
1st Place D3 SocoNhydro's Tournament of Eternity! (June)
3rd Place (x1 Speed) D2 FFR Classics Short and Sweet Tourney
1st Place D1 Cold Kitten and Xx{Midnight}xX Present: The Tournament Of Immortality
2nd Place D1 xBBx's and T-Force's Short and Sweet Tourney
2nd Place D1 King's and Takedown's Tournament!
VarleyisDance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 12:37 PM   #10
XXXsmittyXXX
Anxiety monster
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to XXXsmittyXXX Send a message via Skype™ to XXXsmittyXXX

How is there no such thing as an opinion on drugs? What if you happen to LIKE drugs, good or bad,? Pretty sure liking them is an opinion.

I support earthly drugs to a very high extent. 8)
If it grows on the ground, or in the ground, i say go for it. Definitely weed. All that man made garbage is horrible for you.
Old 01-20-2011, 12:43 PM   #11
VarleyisDance
Sassy
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXsmittyXXX View Post
If it grows on the ground, or in the ground, i say go for it.

i like that

Quote:
Ke$ha's birthday? wasted thread
1st Place D3 SocoNhydro's Tournament of Eternity! (June)
3rd Place (x1 Speed) D2 FFR Classics Short and Sweet Tourney
1st Place D1 Cold Kitten and Xx{Midnight}xX Present: The Tournament Of Immortality
2nd Place D1 xBBx's and T-Force's Short and Sweet Tourney
2nd Place D1 King's and Takedown's Tournament!
VarleyisDance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 02:11 PM   #12
zadkiel91
IMMA FIRIN' MAH LAZOR!
FFR Veteran

Quote:
How is there no such thing as an opinion on drugs? What if you happen to LIKE drugs, good or bad,? Pretty sure liking them is an opinion.

I support earthly drugs to a very high extent. 8)
If it grows on the ground, or in the ground, i say go for it. Definitely weed. All that man made garbage is horrible for you.
I agree with this. Weed is the only illegal drug that you can try without being addicted, and it was proven that it doesn't burn your neurons. That is BS. Try cocaine, or heroin or other man made garbage like smitty said and your life will go down the drain.
zadkiel91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 02:38 PM   #13
aperson
FFR Hall of Fame

Quote:

Old 01-20-2011, 04:15 PM   #14
XXXsmittyXXX
Anxiety monster
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to XXXsmittyXXX Send a message via Skype™ to XXXsmittyXXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson View Post
Correct kind sir
Old 01-20-2011, 04:18 PM   #15
aperson
FFR Hall of Fame

Quote:
Correct kind sir
That is Amanita Phalloides, also known as the Death Cap mushroom. Eating that is a guaranteed way to liver failure and a painful death. Your argument that natural things are okay and chemical things are not is absolutely ludicrous and me and Yieldsign have both posted why in this thread.

Old 03-19-2011, 03:03 PM   #16
Garquillex
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

I don't think society is advanced enough to be able to handle marijuana, which I think may even degenerate or further stagnate the progress of society. It really doesn't matter if it doesn't have bad physical side effects or could increase tax revenue. I think the market is already progressing faster than society, which is bad for us, and I think marijuana would further separate the two. The reason being that marijuana tends to overemphasize feelings over thought or inexplicably infuses them; while not inherently wrong, I don't think we're capable enough yet of separating them to further blur the borders.

Which leads me to...
Quote:
Liking them is a preference, not to be confused with an opinion. One of the misconceptions limiting society.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
25% usage at competitive universities? Hmmmm. It's almost as if to be an accomplished member of society it can help to use these types of drugs. What happens to the morality of usage if it reaches a point where in order to remain competitive at some Universities you must use this performance enhancing study drug?

I mean it goes counter to your intuition here: people are using it in order to get a college degree, which is about bettering their life. And if there exists a degree where 80-90% of people use adderall to study for exams (maybe Engineering at a competitive school) it begins to throw your argument here into a sketchy area. Your problem with this type of drug is that you believe it ruins people's lives. In some cases it may better their life.
People use those drugs because our education system is horribly inefficient and counterlogical, maybe the biggest reason why society is being held back. I think it's more of a self-defense mechanism than a beneficial addition to life. ADD drugs wouldn't be a problem if the education system wasn't backwards.

Last edited by Garquillex; 03-19-2011 at 03:12 PM..
Garquillex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-3-2011, 01:57 PM   #17
Aldentron
Forum User

Send a message via Skype™ to Aldentron

Just getting into this thread:

Quote:
Most drugs consist of organic compounds. Organic compounds are found in all living things. All living things includes plants.

An easy way to understand the organic structures in medicines are to look at their names, in this case I will list all the drugs that are amines (organic compounds that contain Nitrogen.) Notice that they all end with the -ine suffix.
Cocaine
Heroine
Methamphetamine
Nicotine
Caffeine
Mescaline
etc.
Usually when I hear some one say they support things that grow in the ground, I assume they specifically are talking about marijuana, so I want to make it a point that most narcotics are made from plants.

But I do share this viewpoint, that marijuana should be legalized and none of the rest. I was prescribed a combination of Depakote and Celexa to help with my bipolar depression. This disorder was crippling to my every day life, and the medicine did help with that, however, Depakote does an immense amount of damage to one's liver. I continued to smoke and ceased taking my medication. I feel no difference between how I feel on my medicine vs. how I feel now, and for me, getting high is strictly a social thing.

As for the health side effects of smoking marijuana, my dad was born in the 40s, in his 20s he was a hippie. He's been smoking weed and drinking for his entire life, and he's still alive and kicking in his 70s. He still works out, too.
i remember a time when he wuz kewl

like... wut
Aldentron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-4-2011, 12:22 AM   #18
ddrxero64
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldentron View Post
Usually when I hear some one say they support things that grow in the ground, I assume they specifically are talking about marijuana, so I want to make it a point that most narcotics are made from plants.
I wanted to ask, when one says they're found in plants, is there a process to how they're added? For example, weed is grown and is smoked right from the plant. But can you do the same with the narcotics you listed? Or does it go through some man made process to be used or added with something else? Just a question, I never looked into it and you seem like you might know. I think some people should define "man made."
ddrxero64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 12:38 PM   #19
ffraxis
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrxero64 View Post
I wanted to ask, when one says they're found in plants, is there a process to how they're added? For example, weed is grown and is smoked right from the plant. But can you do the same with the narcotics you listed? Or does it go through some man made process to be used or added with something else? Just a question, I never looked into it and you seem like you might know. I think some people should define "man made."
Man made = semi-synthetic/synthesized through multiple processes, usually 2 or more steps with changes to the chemical structure of the target substance. (Basic definition)

semi-synthetic = chemical synthesis that uses isolated compounds from "natural sources" like plants as the raw materials for chemical synthesis.

synthetic = (since it is chemistry, we can refer to this as chemical synthesis) the combination of two or more parts (substances/compounds) to produce one or more products (final product/substance/compound) which are considered artificial due to human manipulation.
ffraxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 12:41 PM   #20
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!

Marijuana is a legal drug in some states and countries. It would probably help the cause if it weren't a bunch of stoners shouting LEGALIZE MARIJUANA MANNN! Which probably leads the people whose decision it is to make it legal kind of weary that if it's legalized, all that will happen is there will be more people driving stoned and killing innocent people. But keep in mind, alcohol WAS illegal before, and has since been legalized (obviously)

I've never tried marijuana, although I'm sure it's not too harmful to your health. It's probably the best option out of the non-chem drugs. Stay away from the shrooms and chem and you'll be fine.

Also, don't chug cough syrup.

EDIT: Yeah, what smitty said. I still think shrooms are iffy tho.