Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk > Bug Reports and Suggestions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: adding "download standalone client" to homepage in prominent position
yup 8 61.54%
Excuse me sir. I don't like this idea at all? 2 15.38%
idk/some other nuance 3 23.08%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-18-2015, 08:59 AM   #1
s1rnight
( ŻuŻ)-b
FFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to s1rnight Send a message via Skype™ to s1rnight
Default petition: do more things osu! are doing imo, hey they're more popular for a reason

well maybe not all of them Żu Ż their community seems kind of a pain and i don't really like the site colour. topic title isn't a serious suggestion in and of itself but i will browse their website and bring back serious suggestions that i think are cool to add in this thread! ok here we go

1) EASIER DOWNLOAD FOR STANDALONE client. osu's got one of those right on the home page and i gotta say it works very well. its pretty difficult to even find the one on this website and if yr Playin On The Go its pretty important to have.

1b) PUT IT ON THE HOMEPAGE IN BIG-ASS LETTERS. seems obvious enough if yr a guest! give them all the thing they need to play the what it is very fast and efficiently.

Last edited by s1rnight; 02-18-2015 at 09:00 AM..
s1rnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 09:02 AM   #2
s1rnight
( ŻuŻ)-b
FFR Music Producer

Default Re: petition: do more things osu! are doing imo, hey they're more popular for a reaso

2) ALTERNATE LANGUAGE FORUMS. some of these are pretty big on osu and i think it would help get different clientele into the forum all around the globe. we don't have to talk to them or know how to talk to them but its nice knowing we have cousins who also play the same game we do! we already have the client in different languages so this seems like a decent step forward to my eyes at least.
Old 02-18-2015, 10:36 AM   #3
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: petition: do more things osu! are doing imo, hey they're more popular for a reaso

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1rnight View Post
2) ALTERNATE LANGUAGE FORUMS. some of these are pretty big on osu and i think it would help get different clientele into the forum all around the globe. we don't have to talk to them or know how to talk to them but its nice knowing we have cousins who also play the same game we do! we already have the client in different languages so this seems like a decent step forward to my eyes at least.
seems like a phase 2 thing anyway where phase 1 is get more people to the site.

rushyrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 09:38 AM   #4
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

No on multi language forums because you can't moderate them if you don't know the language. Its been suggested and turned down a couple times
Old 02-18-2015, 10:00 AM   #5
Coolboyrulez0
VICES
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

not hard to find bi or more lingual people who could moderate them (myself included)

i just dont see a point for the like 10 german players etc
Coolboyrulez0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 10:55 AM   #6
hi19hi19
lol happy
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

The devs are well aware of the strengths and weaknesses of other rhythm games.
Don't think we haven't thought of a lot of these things; implementation is another deal.

I think if anything you should be asking for more transparency from the dev team, which is something I can try to provide once I stop dying from being sick and having tons of schoolwork.

hi19hi19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 12:28 PM   #7
s1rnight
( ŻuŻ)-b
FFR Music Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
I think if anything you should be asking for more transparency from the dev team, which is something I can try to provide once I stop dying from being sick and having tons of schoolwork.
just bein a good political agitator, huhuhu~ devs get focused when they got an audience cheerin them on

(added a poll to add the download link for the client to the homepage in the opening post ŻvŻ it doesn't seem i'm able to change the questions/options or anything but this will be a good idea for now i think)

Last edited by s1rnight; 02-18-2015 at 12:38 PM..
s1rnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 11:21 AM   #8
Xiz
TWG Chaos
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Xiz

Better option:

Raise another fundraiser like what we did for the FFR tokens. Use that money to hire a lawyer to sort out proper legal documentation such as what Osu has.

Then surprise! Endless blanket permission for everyone for all. Yaaay.

(So no more shit obscure songs/artists that might make good files but don't appeal to the masses)

Last edited by Xiz; 02-18-2015 at 11:23 AM..
Xiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 11:34 AM   #9
choof
Banned
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
Better option:

Raise another fundraiser like what we did for the FFR tokens. Use that money to hire a lawyer to sort out proper legal documentation such as what Osu has.

Then surprise! Endless blanket permission for everyone for all. Yaaay.

(So no more shit obscure songs/artists that might make good files but don't appeal to the masses)
tl;dr osu gets away with shenanigans because ignorance
choof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 11:55 AM   #10
Xiz
TWG Chaos

Send a message via Skype™ to Xiz

Well the Dev team has been pumping out updates more then a teen mom with babies so I'm not upset. Just one of the many issues to make up for from the 5 year afk xD

Last edited by Xiz; 02-18-2015 at 11:59 AM..
Xiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 11:39 AM   #11
-Tim-
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via Skype™ to -Tim-

nosu
-Tim- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 12:42 PM   #12
choof
Banned

ffr doesn't hjave a downloadable client
you download a flash standalone and use the .swf
Old 02-18-2015, 01:40 PM   #13
s1rnight
( ŻuŻ)-b
FFR Music Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
ffr doesn't hjave a downloadable client
you download a flash standalone and use the .swf
ah, yup~ that was what i meant
Old 02-18-2015, 01:22 PM   #14
Tyson ultima
Autismspeaks.gov
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tyson ultima Send a message via Yahoo to Tyson ultima Send a message via Skype™ to Tyson ultima

A good portion of Osu's shit isn't legal anyway that is why konami legit gave them a C&D a while back. And by better and less obscure files I hope you mean 99 percent uguu~ kawaii~ shit.
Old 02-18-2015, 01:24 PM   #15
choof
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson ultima View Post
A good portion of Osu's shit isn't legal anyway that is why konami legit gave them a C&D a while back. And by better and less obscure files I hope you mean 99 percent uguu~ kawaii~ shit.
osu didn't even take down the files, they just removed the music and told ppl they had to find their own mp3s iirc

ps you play a game that has objectively the worst soundtrack of any rhythm game out there solely because the gimmick used in the game so i don't think you're allowed to talk about music

Last edited by choof; 02-18-2015 at 01:25 PM..
Old 02-18-2015, 05:49 PM   #16
lurker
ur worst nitemare

Quote:
tl;dr osu gets away with shenanigans because ignorance
implying ffr doesn't do this (but on a much smaller scale)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson ultima View Post
A good portion of Osu's shit isn't legal anyway that is why konami legit gave them a C&D a while back.
on this note if anyone wants ffr to get more popular i hope you won't miss oster project (or at least just devilz staircase and shippujinrai) or onoken (or at least just celsus, tokimori uta, kodomoraibu, and unisonote)

Last edited by lurker; 02-18-2015 at 05:53 PM..
lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 02:01 PM   #17
choof
Banned

there's a standalone link in one of the drop downs that points to a thread with steps on how to set it up lol
Old 02-18-2015, 02:21 PM   #18
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I suppose you could throw a flash projector on the front page with the swf already loaded, but I don't know if that's such a great idea given the wide variety of OS/FP combinations. There would definitely need to be a download link for each different type of FP version and operating system (which ends up being like 20+ items).

Last edited by rushyrulz; 02-18-2015 at 02:24 PM..
rushyrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 03:34 PM   #19
Red Blaster
Bridge Burner
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

The one thing I like about osu is it's UI is well designed. From the global chat box, to the osu direct panel and the in game map editor, there's just so many nice features.
I feel like this more than anything is what we need, but at the same time I know how much time, effort and skill it takes to design a UI..and to do that for an average user base of around 300 just doesn't make sense.

I think the fundraising idea would be great because it'd give the people who always rant about site changes an opportunity to help those changes come to fruition. Whether it be hiring a lawyer to clean up the artist's permission as suggested earlier or simply hiring a third party designer to redisgn the site and/or client.
Quote:
hey great contribution to the thread cucklord the exit's up in the top right of your screen, it's called "log out"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
what's a milky christmas :O

Last edited by Red Blaster; 02-18-2015 at 03:35 PM..
Red Blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 03:37 PM   #20
s1rnight
( ŻuŻ)-b
FFR Music Producer

i think ddr is far more engaging than osu, haha~ it's certainly more recognisable/ubiquitous as a rhythm game at least. if the site was more engaging i don't think there'd be a limit on the amount of people that would take part