Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2013, 05:29 PM   #1
Krauthammer
FFR Player

Default (j?)TWG LXIV HOST SIGN-UPS

Games below this post are candidates to be the next TWG game!

Also I don't know if we had enough jTWGs by now...maybe one can now start to have more complicated games, so I placed the j between parenthesis in case this isn't a jTWG.

So, gogogogogo.
Krauthammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 05:30 PM   #2
cedolad
moonchild~
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to cedolad
Default Re: (j?)TWG LXIV HOST SIGN-UPS

Just out of curiosity: would I be able to play a normal TWG game?
Old 03-17-2013, 01:46 AM   #3
travman301
#swagdog
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to travman301

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedolad View Post
Just out of curiosity: would I be able to play a normal TWG game?
Unless things have drastically changed in my absence, there really isn't the playerbase to sustain a jTWG/TWG system so the point is kind of null right now.
travman301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 03:18 PM   #4
James May
FFR Player

Welp, here goes first time idea...

Amount of Players: 12

Team Fake Oni
1 Fake Oni Seer (or Wolf Seer)
1 Fake Oni (or Wolf)
1 Fake Oni Assassin (or Wolf Assassin) has comrades, but doesn't know who they are.

Team Human
1 Exorcist (Seer)
1 Priest (Guardian)
1 Gypsy (Psychic)
3 Humans

Team Oni
1 Oni
1 Blockman Oni
1 Shadow Oni

Cardflipping: Off

In a nutshell: 12 members from the Paranormal Investigation Society head to an abandoned mansion to investigate a rumor of a demon lurking in the mansion, killing off its prey once they enter, doomed to never escape unless they find a way to escape. But what they don't know, the 9 other members, is that there are three who are actually demons disguised as humans, killing each of them per night. Will the nine humans have the capability of killing the three onis that are amongst them or will they all be dead before they know it?

Very basic I know but I haven't seen something like this happen yet in a TWG game. Obviously taken from a popular game called Ao Oni with the exception that the main protagonists are high school students and this game would involve Paranormal Investigators. The Wolves would be the Onis (obviously) and the Blues are your typical seer, guardian, psychic but given them special names (priest, exorcist, gypsy). If there's any imbalance in the teams let me know and I'll fix it up~ I doubt this will qualify as TWG but maybe good for jTWG...

Edit: Added a new team to it, Reds are going to be the ones planning the prank on the six greens, essentially knocking them out and whisking them away to a dungeon of sort (maybe a rape dungeon or a torture chamber...huehue. Whereas the greys, who are legitimately Onis that are amongst the others will be doing the actual killings during the night phase. Now to explain the roles of the Onis:

Oni: Essentially your regular demon who chases around the people in the mansion.
Blockman Oni: He's the guardian of the Onis, while he also chases people around the mansion, he casts as a wall, waiting for the others to make a mistake to go for the kill.
Shadow Oni: This was tricky to create. I was thinking, how will the person receiving this role would have its prominence? Then it hits me, it's basically like a ninja. Now, to clear it up, it will only protect them from the seerings. They won't however be protected from being killed.

Special items: There are three items that will be in played at random: a Rope Ladder (for when the greens/reds are successful in their near escape), a Flashlight, for when the player ventures into the basement, and a key to the shed (will be given at random).

Now, this begs the question, does the Oni kills count during the night phase? Yes it does. It can affect up to two people (one kill being from the reds & 1 from the Onis). Now, the Onis will very much work like a voting system, the one who gets voted 2/3 or unanimous from the Onis will be killed by the Onis. But, if both the reds & the Onis happen to pick the same person to kill, thenthat one person is killed. But what if Blockman Oni & Shadow Oni used their abilities during the night phase? Then the regular Oni kill would be suffice. But if not, then a voting system, like I said, will be taking place.

Any questions and I'll be glad to answer them for you guys :3

Now that I look at it, this will be more fitting for TWG haha.

Edit #2: Now, for the night phases, here's how it will go in full detail. The reds are only responsible to kidnap the greens. Now, if a green is kidnapped they are inactive for two phases, but they are immuned for a day phase. Now, if they are killed during a night phase by an oni, they're dead, finito. Now, here's the reason why this will go like that: If I have both the reds & greys kill, the game would be over before it even begun. So the reds are only responsible for the kidnapping, or in other words the green that is taken by the reds are temporarily "killed." So basically:

n1 - reds kidnaps player 1 (green)
player 1 is innactive until end of Night 2
n2 - reds kidnaps player 3 (blue), player 1 is active again
innactive until end of night 3
n3 - reds kidnaps player 6 (green), onis kills player 3

essentially it would work similar to that, depending how it would go.

Last edited by James May; 03-18-2013 at 03:32 PM..
James May is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:16 PM   #5
James May
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by travman301 View Post
Your game seems really interesting James. However, I'm not entirely sure how balanced it is.

If the oni team needs to survive through 5 day/night phases to win that means (unless guardings are sucsessful) that at least 10 out of 12 players will be gone before they have a chance at victory. But seeing as how there will more more than 1 kill during several night phases, there will likely be even more than 10 players gone by Day 6.

The same problem exists for the humans to win. Essentially they are fighting against two different sets of red. It seems unlikely that greens would win. Maybe masons or something could balance that out. I'm not sure.

Maybe someone else can weigh on on this, and tell me if I am crazy or not. :3
Quote:
Originally Posted by James May View Post
Now, for the night phases, here's how it will go in full detail. The reds are only responsible to kidnap the greens. Now, if a green is kidnapped they are inactive for two phases, but they are immuned for a day phase. Now, if they are killed during a night phase by an oni, they're dead, finito. Now, here's the reason why this will go like that: If I have both the reds & greys kill, the game would be over before it even begun. So the reds are only responsible for the kidnapping, or in other words the green that is taken by the reds are temporarily "killed." So basically:

n1 - reds kidnaps player 1 (green)
player 1 is innactive until end of Night 2
n2 - reds kidnaps player 3 (blue), player 1 is active again
innactive until end of night 3
n3 - reds kidnaps player 6 (green), onis kills player 3

essentially it would work similar to that, depending how it would go.
The reds don't technically kill persay, it's more like disabling the person for two phases, now, the only possible way that could happen to reach the 10/12 dead scenario is if the onis pick the same person that the reds kill, or they weed off the reds first. Which, I completely forgot to add if that scenario kicks in. Essentially, here's how the flowchart (through my powerful rubbish mspaint skills) of the relationship between the three teams will go down normally:

Now, if the onis does kill all the reds before the greens does (and this condition will only work if it is fulfilled in the night phases) then the onis still win. So basically each team has a possibility of 2 win conditions per team.

Greens: Eliminate all reds or eliminate all Onis
Reds: Reduce greens to 1:1 ratio or eliminate all Onis
Onis: Have the game drag for 5 day/night phases or eliminate the reds.

And yeah, I'm trying to get it in the ropes of having it balanced, but I can work out having a story idea of this sort of stuff for a manhunt game if that's what you guys wish to have and I'll save the three-team idea for another game.

Old 03-17-2013, 05:18 PM   #6
James May
FFR Player

Actually, gonna fix it up a bit. Hold up guys.

Old 03-17-2013, 05:27 PM   #7
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab

Quote:
Actually, gonna fix it up a bit. Hold up guys.
Cool. I think the reds need a buff.

Quote:
1 Oni Assassin (or Wolf Assassin) is solo, does not know it has comrades.
The lonewolf does know that he/she has comrades but does not know their names.
dAnceguy117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:15 PM   #8
James May
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by dAnceguy117 View Post
Cool. I think the reds need a buff.

The lonewolf does know that he/she has comrades but does not know their names.
Ah. Thanks for pointing it out. I'll fix it up once I finish eating dinner.

Old 03-17-2013, 07:54 PM   #9
James May
FFR Player

Added more stuff to the game idea.

Old 03-18-2013, 03:59 AM   #10
travman301
#swagdog
FFR Veteran

What is the oni win condition?
Old 03-18-2013, 10:53 AM   #11
James May
FFR Player

Oni win condition is to have the game last for 5 day/night phases. kind of like Majora's Mask 3-day time limit to beat the game. The purpose of that is to give them a challenge to find ways to distract both the greens and reds into stalling the game for x amount of phases and give off a "bad ending" persay. It is possible but if the case was that the ratio of greens and reds were to be 1:1 by the end of Day 5, then the onis still win because it still meets the oni win condition. For the reds to win, they must end the game by day 4/night 5 once it reaches the end of day 5, game over.

Also, there are two win possibilities for greens: 1) they must eliminate all of the Onis within the 5 day/night phase limit, and 2) eliminate all the reds, and obtain rope ladder to escape. Now, for the reds to win, they too have the option to eliminate the onis or bring down the greens amount to 1:1 and escape via rope ladder.

Last edited by James May; 03-18-2013 at 03:30 PM.. Reason: forgot to add something oops :x
Old 03-18-2013, 05:26 PM   #12
rzr
TWG Veteran

Send a message via AIM to rzr Send a message via MSN to rzr Send a message via Yahoo to rzr Send a message via Skype™ to rzr

I think we should really establish if this is a junior game or not lol.

Posted from Flashflashrevolution.com App for Android

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkshark View Post
Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson View Post
i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite-
More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine
rzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:38 PM   #13
James May
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by rzr View Post
I think we should really establish if this is a junior game or not lol.

Posted from Flashflashrevolution.com App for Android
this is for TWG, not jTWG.
if asking about my game xd

Old 03-18-2013, 05:40 PM   #14
j-rodd123
End of the road
FFR Veteran

someone host a manhunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by FictionJunction View Post
wow
j-rodd123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:34 PM   #15
James May
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-rodd123 View Post
someone host a manhunt
I would if I know how to formulate one x.x

Old 03-19-2013, 07:28 AM   #16
Gun92
The Paragon of Perfection
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-rodd123 View Post
someone host a manhunt
I literally was thinking the same thing. Ill do it if someone wants to formulate and work on a story with me.

James. A man hunt is a super simple game. 11 humans and 1 wolf. It's fascinating to watch but you have to have a solid group of people being active. Inactivity is that game types biggest down fall.

Like I said, ill host a man hunt, but I don't have any kind of story made or readily available so if someone has something or wants to contribute, let me know.
Gun92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:37 PM   #17
cedolad
moonchild~

Send a message via Skype™ to cedolad

well James' game looks pretty solid right now, and it's been an entire weekend since anyone else has said anything...gonna go ahead and vote for James
Old 03-18-2013, 11:56 PM   #18
James May
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedolad View Post
well James' game looks pretty solid right now, and it's been an entire weekend since anyone else has said anything...gonna go ahead and vote for James
:')

Old 03-19-2013, 07:59 AM   #19
travman301
#swagdog
FFR Veteran

I third a manhunt.

Your game seems really interesting James. However, I'm not entirely sure how balanced it is.

If the oni team needs to survive through 5 day/night phases to win that means (unless guardings are sucsessful) that at least 10 out of 12 players will be gone before they have a chance at victory. But seeing as how there will more more than 1 kill during several night phases, there will likely be even more than 10 players gone by Day 6.

The same problem exists for the humans to win. Essentially they are fighting against two different sets of red. It seems unlikely that greens would win. Maybe masons or something could balance that out. I'm not sure.

Maybe someone else can weigh on on this, and tell me if I am crazy or not. :3
Old 03-19-2013, 01:02 PM   #20
Gun92
The Paragon of Perfection
FFR Veteran

Screw a story. I have a cute little idea, but I suppose a story doesn't matter much. I will host a Man Hunt if you all desire it.
Gun92 is offline   Reply With Quote