Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2005, 01:36 AM   #1
User6773

Default Infiltration - Pregame

NOTE: The people I had to cut from the game have been notified. If you have NOT gotten a PM telling you that you won't be playing this game, you're playing. Congratulations.

Let's get a few things straight off the bat:

Your codename is the anonymous name you will be posting under for the duration of the game. These are all viewable in the TWG Players usergroup. They all have colors attached to them. If you post under your real username, it's +2 votes for you that day.

Your role is FOXHOUND or Patriot - basically whose side you're on. "Red" or "green", as they were called in the rules thread. (I hope no one's foolish enough to think that the person with these codenames are automatically guilty or innocent.)

Your class is warrior, hacker, or sneaker. You need to PM me before the game starts and indicate what class you want to be. Patriots are automatically Warrior class, so whatever class they PM me with will be overruled. I have already generated everyone's codenames and roles, specifying that you want to be a Warrior will not change whether or not you get to be a Patriot.

Last minute rule adjustment for balance: When Warriors opt to kill someone, they're allowed (but not required) to sacrifice their priority bonus.

You are allowed to discuss your class with other people, but keep in mind it's pretty easy to lie about it and get away with it.

THE ANONYMITY HONOR SYSTEM

I expect people in this game to be anonymous about who's really behind their codenames. The following things are forbidden:
-Stating who you really are
-Asking someone else who they really are
-Actively dropping hints as to who you are ("I'm Jewish", etc.)
-Encouraging others to figure out who you are
-Posting in other threads under your real name trying to clue people into what your codename is (this includes avatars/sigs/etc.)

Now, obviously I can't enforce this 100%, but it's an honor system thing. You got picked because I thought this game would be best with this particular set of people in it - don't blow it by trying to cheat around the rules. Real names are not a part of this game. Don't try and bring them into it.

You will have another AIM name for this game, too. Jay will make them all tomorrow and passwords will be sent out.

Other rules:
-You may not change your avatar or signature on your codename's account
-Passwords are a random string of numbers by default. You may change your password, BUT I must know what it is. This goes for AIM names too.

Oh and one more thing
IF YOU BRING UP THE TOPIC OF YOUR PMs FROM ME WITH ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY REASON YOU WILL NEVER PLAY THIS GAME EVER AGAIN

At this point, since any question you ask will make it obvious that you're in the game, PM me or AIM me if you have any questions about the game.

Hope to get this underway soon. Either tonight (Tuesday night) or tomorrow night. The quicker I get everyone's class choices, the quicker I start.

All game-related PMs should go to me, not to Campbell.

Old 01-18-2005, 08:19 AM   #2
User6773

Default RE: Infiltration - Pregame

Also forbidden:

Publicly guessing who someone else is
Working with others to figure out the identities of others
Etc.

Leave real identities out of it.

Old 01-18-2005, 06:36 PM   #3
User6773

Dear everyone:

If you do not pick a class by 7 PM EST tomorrow it will be randomly chosen for you.

I'm aghast that people who have signed up have been active in this forum but still won't AIM/PM me their class choices. This worries me, because this game requires you to send a PM every 24 hours until it's over or you die.

Old 01-19-2005, 01:24 PM   #4
User6773

To the 3 people who have not picked a class yet: This thread has been up for almost 36 hours, and last evening I PMed all of you that you needed to pick. You are at the risk of losing your spot in the game and being swapped out for an alternate if you do not PM me with your class choice before 7 PM.

Closed Thread