Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk > Bug Reports and Suggestions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-5-2016, 11:39 AM   #1
Dinglesberry
longing
FFR Veteran

Default Having a ranking for certain "types" of playing

EDIT: not a ranking per-say but I mean more so a progression tracking system of sorts

I have an idea that might be hard to implement, I'm still trying to think of how I could implement it, but basically:

1. Somehow flag songs by what type of song they are, gameplay wise (e.g. a song like "Purple" would be a stream song, "Purple Drank" would be primarily burst, slight stream/js) etc.

2. Once songs are flagged, rate a player in different "disciplines" - e.g., you would have a rating in stamina, a division for speed, jumpstream, jacks etc..

The main problem is flagging songs, unfortunately the only way I could see to do it would be manually... My idea is to make a custom engine where when you finish a song, you can check boxes on the song and submit your review - I'm really not sure of a more effective way to rate songs, it's seems like it might be difficult to do it programatically too with how the FFR engine works :/ (maybe it might be possible, gotta look more into it perhaps).

It's probably not something that would be too worthwhile, but I think it would be cool to see how I am progressing in terms of different patterns, and what to practice/work on I'm not really interested in a highscores or leaderboard, just more so a progress tracker kind of thing. If anyone thinks this would be interesting/has ideas on how to implement/rate songs, pls respond.

Last edited by Dinglesberry; 09-5-2016 at 11:47 AM..
Dinglesberry is offline   Reply With Quote