Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-2-2008, 03:13 AM   #1
Arctic_Slicer
FFR Player

Default It's Like a Whole New World

It must have been around 2003, maybe earlier, when I first discovered this place. I remember for a couple of months I got really into Flash Flash Revolution but eventually moved on once my boredom streak with EverQuest, which was "the game" at the time, was cured and Flash Flash Revolution became a distant memory. Yesterday I was browsing something on the internet and randomly some something about the Latvian "superstar", Yana Kay. It took me a minute to remember why I thought that name was familiar quickly realized that it was the song "Falling Into You" by Square Bear featuring Yana Kay which I remembered as one of the 9 or so step files under the dance category at Flash Flash Revolution. I remember it well because out the maybe 30 or so step files on Flash Flash Revolution it was my favorite and there was a time I could do it without missing a step. So when I decided to see if this site even existed anymore I was quite surprised to find that there were now literally hundreds of step files and over a million members. Even more surprising is that my account still works. However it's been so long since I've signed in it shows that I last visited on December 31st, 1969 at 11:00PM. It seems like Flash Flash Revolution has exploded into some kind internet phenomenon that I always figured would be restricted to a very small minority of geeks.

Upon my return of course the first thing I did was check out "Falling Into You" and quickly found out that if you have you keyboard set to Dvorak Flash Flash Revolution wont pick up your arrow keys causing me to fail miserably. After switching back to Qwerty I tried again and did okay but not the perfection I used to achieve and I'm certain I wouldn't be able to do a lot of the harder step files I used to be able to do either, at least not with out some practice.

Anyway I'm quite amazed at how much has changed in the last 5 or so years and how much the community has grown. It just seems so weird that it's like a whole new world. I don't know if I will be getting "back into" the community but it is nice to see how it's grown.
Arctic_Slicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-2-2008, 03:38 AM   #2
Patashu
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile Author

Location: we traced the call...it's coming from inside the house
Send a message via AIM to Patashu Send a message via MSN to Patashu Send a message via Yahoo to Patashu
Default Re: It's Like a Whole New World

Did you try switching to dvorak then remapping the arrow keys using the keymapper under settings?
Best non-AAAs: ERx8 v2 (14-1-0-4), Hajnal (3-0-0-0), RunnyMorning (8-0-0-4), Xeno-Flow (1-0-0-3), Blue Rose (35-2-0-20), Ketsarku (14-0-0-0), Silence (1-0-0-0), Lolo (14-1-0-1)
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee301/xiaoven/solorulzsig.png
Patashu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-2-2008, 03:45 AM   #3
who_cares973
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973

glad to see ffr memories dont die so easily
Old 10-2-2008, 03:53 AM   #4
wwwJ4mmYcouk
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Welcome back - stick around

Also the timing has changed a lot so just practice and you'll get a lot better.

Μήπως πραγματικά πνιγεί;
wwwJ4mmYcouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-2-2008, 04:36 AM   #5
Arctic_Slicer
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patashu View Post
Did you try switching to dvorak then remapping the arrow keys using the keymapper under settings?
I never tried remapping any of the keys. I've just never had a problem using the arrow keys on any other games while my keyboard was set to Dvorak before. I've never had a problem with any other browser game nor do I have problems with online games such as Vanguard:Saga of Heroes. It seems to be a problem I've encountered on this website only.
Old 10-2-2008, 04:51 AM   #6
Patashu
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile Author

Location: we traced the call...it's coming from inside the house
Send a message via AIM to Patashu Send a message via MSN to Patashu Send a message via Yahoo to Patashu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic_Slicer View Post
I never tried remapping any of the keys. I've just never had a problem using the arrow keys on any other games while my keyboard was set to Dvorak before. I've never had a problem with any other browser game nor do I have problems with online games such as Vanguard:Saga of Heroes. It seems to be a problem I've encountered on this website only.
Well, give it a go. Swap to DVORAK and see what rebinding keys in FFR's settings does.
Best non-AAAs: ERx8 v2 (14-1-0-4), Hajnal (3-0-0-0), RunnyMorning (8-0-0-4), Xeno-Flow (1-0-0-3), Blue Rose (35-2-0-20), Ketsarku (14-0-0-0), Silence (1-0-0-0), Lolo (14-1-0-1)
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee301/xiaoven/solorulzsig.png
Patashu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-2-2008, 01:39 PM   #7
OrganisM
FFR Player

The tears of nostalgia are just flooding this place lately. I think Mead started a trend.

Originally Posted by jewpinthethird[link]:
"If you get stung by enough bees you turn into a bee,
because the venom gets into the blood stream which
spreads bee DNA throughout your entire body...
changing your genetic structure into a bee's.

Every year roughly 125 people in America are turned into bees this way."

Originally Posted by
MrRubix[link]:
"Do you basically bukkake-paint your walls every time you jack it?"

Originally Posted by All_That_Chaz[link]:
"My pity-sex depreciates at a rate of 5% annually."
OrganisM is offline   Reply With Quote