Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2008, 11:34 AM   #1
andy-o24
Private Messages, please.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to andy-o24
Default Resistance: Fall of Man

I searched here for a thread about it and all I found was -Tibs- bragging about his skill. No real discussion there, so here's the disscussion thread.

This game sets you up as Nathan Hale, an American soldier fighting to save Brittain from what is called the Chimera. The Chimera are a force of Aliens hellbent on destroying the Earth. As Nathan Hale, you get infected early on by the Chimeran virus giving you the ability to regenerate health and all throughout the game this virus haunts Nathan. It's yet another FPS that gives you a very wide spectrum of weapons to wield.

One of the weapons you get to use is the Auger. This weapon allows you to shoot through walls and damage your enemies. Another weapon is the XR-005 Hailstorm. This allows you to shoot bullets that bounce off the walls in your surroundings. Each weapon has a secondary shot that is of it's own kind. With the Auger you can set up a shield that blocks all projectiles except for Auger rounds. And with the XR-005 Hailstorm, you can release a pod that will shoot all your remaining ammo around to enemy targets. There are also six other weapons you can weild including a rocket launcher and shotgun.

Overall the gameplay is like most high-class FPS games. Like in the Halo series, with Resistance, you can run out into the open (not advised) and take on the hordes of Chimeran forces. But, unlike Gears of War, there is no real millitery combat strategy involved. It has it's ups and downs but the campaign plays rather well and follows the trend of bashing aliens into oblivion.

As for the online, it just takes some time. I'm no good at the online gameplay but you can have massive amounts of people in one game all at once. There are many different maps to choose from some massive in size and others more compact. You can play Deathmatches or just normal team warfare. Most weaons are at your disposal on the maps unless specified otherwise. And the PS3 online is free.

Unless I've covered most of the game or if my information is flawed, please discuss. I'd love to see all of your views on this game.

-o24

When the game isn't fun for you anymore, take a break. It's not a job, nobody here is professional and getting paid to play and force themselves to constantly improve... it's a game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashakiro View Post
Yeah, FFR is addicting...I don't think I'll get bored with this game unless I somehow become the best at it, which won't happen.
andy-o24 is offline   Reply With Quote