Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-9-2011, 11:45 AM   #1
rzr
TWG Veteran

Send a message via AIM to rzr Send a message via MSN to rzr Send a message via Yahoo to rzr Send a message via Skype™ to rzr
Default jTWG L: Host sign ups

lets see what you got

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkshark View Post
Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson View Post
i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite-
More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine
rzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-9-2011, 11:48 AM   #2
rzr
TWG Veteran

Send a message via AIM to rzr Send a message via MSN to rzr Send a message via Yahoo to rzr Send a message via Skype™ to rzr
Default Re: jTWG L: Host sign ups

LI*

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkshark View Post
Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson View Post
i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite-
More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine
rzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-9-2011, 12:33 PM   #3
Gun92
The Paragon of Perfection
FFR Veteran

Host fail!
Gun92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-9-2011, 01:59 PM   #4
xObserveRx
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to xObserveRx Send a message via MSN to xObserveRx

I understand that you made it jTWG 50 because of the title (nostalgia), but wasn't there already like 60 games that had happened? Why not either start the numbers over, or continue from where they originally left off?

P.S: I'll host if no one else wants to, but I'd really like to play haha. We'll see what happens.
xObserveRx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-9-2011, 03:14 PM   #5
xObserveRx
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile Author

Okay, so I have an idea for a slightly altered (and really not much more complicated IMO) game that hopefully will spark some veteran interest and get some people back.

As usual, any balance issues you may see here please, voice them. This was just a quick idea for something other than the same old, same old.

Quote:
11 players

1 wolf
10 humans

The wolf gets two special abilities:

The first is a bag with 3 potions of misguidance. These potions will have a single night use of turning a player's role to RED. This is to hopefully detract from the current seer (if there is one that night) finding the "right" wolf. It should be noted that there are only 3 potions. They may all be used on one night phase if the wolf so chooses, or spread out over multiple nights.

The other ability is The Ol' Switcheroo. There is 1 (is 2 too many?) charge of this. This allows the wolf to swap roles with a RANDOM person. This means that the wolf will switch teams, but he will not know who the new wolf is. That will be randomly chosen during the same night (pre-kill). The new wolf inherits all remaining potions/switches from the previous wolf. (It's possible, depending on what people think of the balance this game has, that there will be only one switcheroo available).

Item rotation

There is an item bag that will be randomly passed around each night as well. To the new players, this means that each night the host will randomly choose a player who will have the opportunity to "open" the bag and receive an item. The player will receive a PM telling them which item they received, how it is used, and whether or not they need to respond immediately. This bag may contain one of the following:

Shotgun - A vigilante kill. This MUST be used immediately upon receiving. If this is not used purposely, it will accidently go off killing YOURSELF. (Meaning if you don't respond with who to kill, you're sacrificing yourself.)

Magic Goggles - A seer move. You get one seer and they break. Simple as that.

Immunity Charm - Prevents being lynched. When used, it will be revealed that the attempted lynchee didn't get lynched due to this charm. This item must be played during the day, before either 50% of the days votes are cast (to avoid instalynch) or before day's end (closer to beginning of the game). If you hold this item and don't use, you will not be saved from a lynching.

Inventory - A list of all previous items used in the game to that point, INCLUDING what kind of inventory the wolf has left.

A special case item is added if the wolf is randomly selected to "open" the item bag. It is:

Charge of The Ol' Switcheroo: This gives the wolf(s) another opportunity to switch out of their role. It'll work the same way, with a random switch BEFORE the night's kill (IE: the new wolf chooses the next kill). If the wolf still has a charge left, this one will be added to it, giving the wolf two switches (Just wanted to make that clear).
So there's the idea. Tell me what you guys think. As I stated in a previous post, I don't have to host, but will if need be. This idea is (once again, IMO) simple enough for anyone to host, as there really isn't much to it. Plus I would love to actually play, haha.

Anyway, here's hoping to getting the ball rolling.

Last edited by xObserveRx; 05-9-2011 at 06:41 PM..
Old 05-9-2011, 05:45 PM   #6
Gun92
FFR Veteran

I think the Immunity Charm should have to be used and can't just activate all by itself. Kind of like survivor. A hidden immunity idol has to be used before hand and can't activate if they are killed. Other than that, I sorta like it.
Old 05-9-2011, 05:46 PM   #7
Gun92
FFR Veteran

Also, can the wolf use the switch and send in a kill pm at the same time or does the new wolf get to choose who to kill?
Old 05-9-2011, 05:47 PM   #8
Gun92
FFR Veteran

Also, does the new wolf get a fresh charge of the switch or is that a one time a game ability?
Old 05-9-2011, 06:12 PM   #9
xObserveRx
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile Author

regarding the immunity charm, I agree. I'll change it from passive to you have to use it. The only concern I have is that if you're forced to use it at the start of the day, it'll be a waste most of the time I think, unless you know 100% you're getting lynched.

So if it's usable once the first vote of the day (not your own) has been placed up until say 1 minute before day end, would that make it better, worse, or the same?

The wolf can only use potions & kill or use the switch. If he/she chooses to switch, the new wolf picks the kill.

I'm a bit torn on the last question. I don't know if that'd be too out there to have more than one switch in the game, or whether or not that'd throw the balance way outta whack. I could add in that if the wolf is picked for the item bag, another charge of the switcheroo is added into the mix. Thoughts?
Old 05-9-2011, 06:23 PM   #10
Gun92
FFR Veteran

The wolf bag recharge thing is a good idea. There is a problem with the time frame on the lynch thing. If an insta lynch can happen, a time table is rather irrelevant. I think the rule should be, The person has to use the charm before enough votes are cast or down to the last minute of the day phase. That would cover both spectrum's I think.
Old 05-9-2011, 06:24 PM   #11
Gun92
FFR Veteran

This is the most active I have been in one of these things when I comes to critiquing someones game so I hope it doesn't sound too pushy or what not.
Old 05-9-2011, 06:35 PM   #12
xObserveRx
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile Author

I'm just glad someone's responding. Unfortunately, We can't play with only two people. I'm hoping most people from last game will come back. I also have been talking with some vets from back in my day, hopefully I can convince some of them to play as well.
Old 05-9-2011, 07:32 PM   #13
Gun92
FFR Veteran

Well, this is just for the game vote, not the actual game mind you.
Old 05-9-2011, 08:00 PM   #14
iggymatrixcounter
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to iggymatrixcounter

observer, I suggest taking out the switcheroo ability. it's just adds too much complications in my opinion.

A vigi kill is also a problem because it will make an even number of players during the day and with only 1 wolf, that's a little but of an issue late game as well. But it is counterbalanced with the fact that there will be a missed lynch. I see what you're doing with it though, I personally just don't like vigi kill roles so I always have a vendetta against them lol.

You have a lot of seer protection for the wolf but only 1 seer pick, it just seems that you're adding two things that aren't that necessary. But again, I think it's ok.

Overall, you started with a basic game setup and added checks and balances, which I think are ok. This game could work just fine but I seriously think you should pull out the switcheroo role. (I mean who would want to turn human when you are the ONLY wolf haha you get to kill everyone. Plus you would hurt your new team by switching and having a random person be changed into the wolf.)

A suggestion, perhaps instead of having three potions that are 1 time use, just make someone a human but shows up red when seered. That will cast enough doubt for any red seer pick. Enough to help the wolf survive a blatant seer pick and stop the person with the glasses from instantly forming an alliance with his seer pick. (This is only my opinion, either way works ok.) Or you could give the wolf just 1 potion but make it permanent so that player is chosen by the wolf and will always turn up red from that point on.

Those are my random thoughts, but definitely no switcheroo ability, otherwise this game could run as is. (But please consider my potion refinement.)
Old 05-9-2011, 08:03 PM   #15
iggymatrixcounter
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gun92 View Post
I think the Immunity Charm should have to be used and can't just activate all by itself.
I disagree, the immunity charm offsets the instant vigi kill from the shotgun. If you don't have a missed kill, the extra kill makes it almost impossible for the wolf to win this game. (Or makes it an instant win for him because just having 1 phantom will make it a huge difference.)
Old 05-9-2011, 11:25 PM   #16
xObserveRx
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile Author

okay, how do you feel about removing the switcheroo, and having the wolf with:

Bucket of Red Paint: Permenant, one time use, makes target seer as red.
Camouflage: One time use, wolf seers as green, findable in the wolf bag instead of switcheroo charge.

Would a shield type item that stops either bullets or wolf claws, as a one time use, only to protect yourself, better than the shotgun? That was my other option, but it seems like that would benefit the humans more than the wolf and as I see it right now, the wolf is a little less likely to win than humans at this point.
Old 05-9-2011, 11:26 PM   #17
xObserveRx
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile Author

P.S: you still using the same aim name, Iggy?

wow, three word rhyme, I like it.
Old 05-10-2011, 07:34 AM   #18
Gun92
FFR Veteran

You could do away with the items for now and just host a fast man hunt. 24 hour day 12 hour nights, insta lynch off so everything works on a time table.
Old 05-10-2011, 08:06 AM   #19
iggymatrixcounter
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by xObserveRx View Post
P.S: you still using the same aim name, Iggy?
Yes, it's on my profile as well, but I rarely ever use it for non twg purposes as there are better ways to communicate with people.

The shotgun was ok because it balanced out the non lynching item. But if you have something that protects against a kill and nothing to add a kill then it's even harder for a wolf to win.

The reason I said that I don't like vigi kills is because from experience they never benefit the human team at all and most of the time hurt the humans more than help. So why have a blue role out there that helps the red team is basically my take on the vigi kill.

But if you want to use it, that's ok, as long as you have something that will prevent a kill later on, which you do. It balances out theoretically just fine but I just don't like them because of above stated experience.

Also, I just noticed that your game has an odd number of players, this is not ideal as there will be an even number during day phase (most likely). But since it is 11 players, you could try two wolf kills a night, take out the shotgun and charm, and basically you have a quick fast game where the humans have 3 days to find the lone wolf. You could add the charm in but if it's successful it might hurt the humans more than help because there would be 4 players left on day3 rather than 3. Bigger pool of who is the wolf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gun92 View Post
You could do away with the items for now and just host a fast man hunt. 24 hour day 12 hour nights, insta lynch off so everything works on a time table.
I agree, the best "man hunt" games are fast pace. Given the activity levels here it may not work but it might be worth a try.
Old 05-10-2011, 12:31 PM   #20
Gun92
FFR Veteran

I figured a fast pace man hunt would make sure there is activity. With strict deadlines, people would have limited time to work and make it that much more involved. Or so I hope.