View Single Post
Old 08-25-2022, 04:48 AM   #104
WirryWoo
Forever Derbyless
Retired StaffFFR Simfile Author

Default Re: Dump Batch Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
I actually think the comparison between dumps and how we currently handle Legacy files is a great one. Files with arrows that don't follow the music can just go in a different category. They can still be there to be enjoyed by anyone who wants to play them, but make it clear they are in a set separate from the synced files. That's really all I've wanted from the start of all this.
Put some of the current files in FFR that are dumpy into the separate category too, for example I would definitely support moving my Caffeine and Call me it. (500 Tortures) files to a dump category.
I also agree with this. I think the biggest question marks here would be, how would skill ratings and ranks be accessed here? Either we’d need to make multiple ratings (which would naturally make the ratings associated with dumps the most official due to how nowadays, most people in the community care about a high division player’s performance on dumps who are also the vocal minority) or we officialize one (where there will be many disagreements within the vocal minority of the community, which we hardly ever reach any actionable conclusions from any conversation to be had). I know someone’s not going to be happy with this idea haha.

But this currently doesn’t need an answer now as I’m starting to digress from the initial conversation. Just some food for thought.

Last edited by WirryWoo; 08-25-2022 at 04:51 AM..
WirryWoo is offline   Reply With Quote