View Single Post
Old 08-26-2020, 08:38 AM   #26
Dynam0
The Dominator
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: How to get XP to have a better skill rating rank?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK8R43 View Post
So if most people don't play the new songs, why should they be ranked higher than someone who does? I highly doubt there's even 100 active players above me. Plus, half of them could be alt accounts.
Skill should not be determined by 15 scores that you have gotten. Skill should be determined by active scores. Someone who gets 15 top scores like Myuka, then leaves the site forever shouldn't be ranked number 1 if others play consistently. It's basically like saying someone who was once good at something stays that way forever.
Actually, that's exactly how it works in any competitive enterprise. Obviously Wayne Gretzky isn't the best active player in ice hockey but he widely considered to be the greatest hockey player ever.

Skill rating is the best way to gauge who the best players of all time are. If you wanted to be stingy and generate a list based on active players, perhaps you could have a Top 100 list that automatically removes scores that were achieved after a certain period of time. Then you'd end up with a skill rating that is contemporary. I don't think that's really necessary though.

edit: this could be an interesting topic for divisional placements assuming tournaments continue on and players are in their 50's and 60's and can't play at their peak level anymore. I can't wait to be senior FFR champion.

Last edited by Dynam0; 08-26-2020 at 08:45 AM..
Dynam0 is offline   Reply With Quote