View Single Post
Old 05-17-2020, 07:11 PM   #1114
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Recommend me some 2020 albums halp

Day 742: SAWAYAMA by Rina Sawayama

Internalized racism made me assume off the bat this was gonna be some J-Pop or other weeb shit. It isn't, and she's based in the UK without an Asian accent. It sounds like Myspace-era scene girl music most of the time. A mix of weirdo dance-pop and lame alt metal that straight up just does not appeal to me.

This album is well-made, but I don't think I enjoyed any song in full. I'm really not the target audience here I feel, so I do feel bad giving this a low rating, but I've gotta be honest. The entire time I was just annoyed and thinking "why am I listening to this?". Maybe I'll like one of her future albums, if she does a complete stylistic 180 that is (or to be quite honest, just ditched the cringy metal side of things), because if it's more like this I have no interest.

Also, how many fucking songs have used the main melody that is in Chosen Family?

Best Track: Comme Des Garçons (Like the Boys)
Rating: 3.5/10

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote