View Single Post
Old 01-6-2018, 10:25 AM   #374
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Benguin's (and Xel's!) Rates Tourney #2 (Round 2&3 in Progress)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstMaple8 View Post
quadruple post

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
If you[suicidaln00b] were in an official tourney you'd be placed D5 right now. Now, the system's not the most reliable IMHO (lol tier points matter in this calc if I recall right) which is why I prefer to skim your levelranks to place.
He would definitely be someone who would be considered on the fence. However, considering that he is currently skillboosting (most of his top 15 were achieved this month), he would probably be placed in D6 if an OT were to start tomorrow. That being said, this tournament started before a bunch of these scores were achieved, so D5 was probably appropriate at the start. Typically, people only get bumped up in OTs if we think they were purposefully trying to "cheat the system" by holding back until the start, and seeing such a large improvement in such a short time would definitely at least raise a flag for his case.

I'm not suggesting anything btw, since it is ultimately up to the tournament hosts and I don't really care one way or the other- just posting my observations from the standpoint of someone who has done OT placements.

EDIT: and tier points have no bearing on pretty much anything, except for your "tier" lol. The only thing that affects your skill rating is your top 15 scores.

Last edited by rushyrulz; 01-6-2018 at 10:42 AM..