View Single Post
Old 12-29-2014, 01:42 PM   #34
CarrotCake94
~Cuddable Wagon~
FFR Veteran

Default Re: The Novice/Intermediate/Advanced Rivalry [2015]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC_Halogen View Post
Also, I was actually wondering this myself.

If I joined one-handed, I'd be D3. I would completely understand if playing on alternate styles was forbidden in our cases given that our actual skill levels are substantially higher than the D3 threshold and there's not exactly a way to reasonably verify authenticity.
When adding people into the rivalry, I take in all that I can about their skill level through Official Tourney Tokens and Level Ranks. This is to determine their 'True Division'

If someone wants to join with a skill handicap, they're welcome to, but I will mention that they will not be eligible for prizes, like the NIA members that are actually in D1, D2 and D3. There's really no point in cheating...Every credit past the first 150k is probably pointless, and people in the lower divisions need opportunities to start gaining them to play the secret songs. I'd hope that all players will respect that and be honest when submitting scores.

There are other factors that we need to take into account here too. Reading ability, stamina, experience and other things give people beyond D3 an advantage, too. D4-D7 players that want to submit ghosting scores for D1-D3 with their handicaps will get their own row in the spreadsheet to do that, but for precautions, they are still labeled as their true division. .

Praise and Encouragement is free, and if generous members of the community want to donate to the guest's prize pool, then there are rewards that you can also look forward to.

Here's the guide I usually go by. PrawnSkunk sent this to me a while ago.

Division 1 - Novice
• All those who have not developed the consistency and reading speed for Division 2
• Up to & including single digit goods on low-20's

Division 2 - Intermediate
• Difficulty 24+ AAA
• Single digit goods on high-20's, low-30's

Division 3 - Advanced
• Difficulty 50+ AAA (unlock requirement for Otaku Speedvibe [Heavy] token)
• Single digit goods on mid-50's

Division 4 - Expert
• Difficulty 58+ AAA (unlock requirement for St. Scarhand [Standard] token)
• Single digit goods on mid-60's

Division 5 - Master
• Difficulty 66+ AAA (unlock requirement for Otaku Speedvibe [Oni] token)
• Single digit goods on low/mid-70's

Division 6 - Guru
• Difficulty 79+ AAA (unlock requirement for St. Scarhand [Heavy] token)
• Low single digit goods on low 80's

Division 7 - Legendary
• AAA on high 80's
• Low single digit goods high 80's, low 90's
• Literally placed against their will

aaaaaaaand.... yeah. tricky subject, but I hope I answered it well enough. Feel free to message me if you have any more questions, comments or concerns

~CarrotCake94