View Single Post
Old 05-1-2014, 08:16 PM   #1
yo man im awesome
soleil ardent
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Rock/Metal Album Reviews | 1 Year Challenge

[Yes, I totally ripped the title from noname (props for your original 1 year challenge, you've made it really far, I know life's making it difficult for you right now, but push through, you can do it!)]

Mmkay, so I am in desperate need of new music to listen to, specifically in the Rock/Metal genres. That was about as general in terms of genre as I could make it, so as to allow you guys to suggest anything you got, be it Classic Rock, Punk Rock, Pop Punk, Black Metal, Power Metal, Mathcore, Metalcore, you name it. IF it's in the list, I'll review it eventually.

PLEASE NOTE: My reviews will not be nearly as in-depth or legit as other's (i.e. noname's). For the most part I will be judging whether or not I like the music, and how much so.

In total I'm going to need 365 albums to review, so I'm gonna need a lot. Because of the quantity, (again, ripping from noname, <3 you) everyone will be able to request a total of anywhere from 1-10 albums. You can swap out submissions at any time, but I won't review more than 10 for you, so as to give more people chances.

EDIT: This does not mean that I will not accept suggestions beyond 365. I will continue accepting them, however I will not review them all. I will likely do more than 365 (due to days I decide to do extra albums), but there's no way I'm doing ~500 lol)

SPREADSHEET OF ALBUMS LEFT TO REVIEW:

I don't know why I just copypaste Noname's post, honestly.

If you suggest (an) album(s), put your Birthday down along with your suggestions if you'd like me to do a review of one of your suggestions for your birthday!

I'll do my best to do a review each day/make up for missed days, I fully intend on riding this all the way until the end.

Find me some stuff!

(Literal Copypaste from noname)

Ranking

★★★★★★★★★★ 10 - Masterpiece
★★★★★★★★★☆ 9 - Amazing
★★★★★★★★☆☆ 8 - Excellent
★★★★★★★☆☆☆ 7 - Great
★★★★★★☆☆☆☆ 6 - Good
★★★★★☆☆☆☆☆ 5 - Decent
★★★★☆☆☆☆☆☆ 4 - Poor
★★★☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ 3 - Bad
★★☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ 2 - Awful
★☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ 1 - Abysmal

Reviews (chronological order)

1. The Luna Sequence - They Follow You Home ★★★★★☆☆☆☆☆ 5 - Decent
2. System of a Down - Hypnotize ★★★★★★★★☆☆ 8 - Excellent
3. System of a Down - Mezmerize ★★★★★★★★★☆ 9 - Amazing
4. A Day To Remember - What Separates Me From You ★★★★★★☆☆☆☆ 6 - Good
5. Protest The Hero - Fortress ★★★★★★★★☆☆ 8 - Excellent
6. Meshuggah - ObZen ★★★★★★★★☆☆ 8 - Excellent

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
you double dad loving dipshit
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rogdor View Post
dammit now i have to smoke a picture of choof out of a bong
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartdude1212 View Post
I can't be the only guy who has wondered what it'd be like to menstruate all over the shower.

Last edited by yo man im awesome; 05-22-2014 at 03:19 PM..
yo man im awesome is offline   Reply With Quote