View Single Post
Old 07-20-2013, 09:50 AM   #330
Coolboyrulez0
VICES
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Default Re: Music Works In Progress Thread

The guitar sounds really cheesy (0:53). It also doesnt really sound full (except the end) and feels buried in the mix.
Try getting NI Guitar Rig 5 and then just messing with that to give your guitar(s) more character... I think it's competing with the lows of the breaks, also.

Personally I don't fully agree with the comments in the other thread but yeah, the processing on the break seems a bit random at parts -- I personally like this except in a few certain parts
(0:40-0:43, the scratch at 0:51, the shuffle stutter at 1:40-1:42 again and wherever these parts repeat)
I also think it's the hi-hat glitching that throws some people off.

Opening bass was neat and I also like the sound of the breaks, nice and stereo. Overall one of your best songs.

Flashbulb is amazing haha by far still most played artist on last.fm so that tells you something.

PS: Additionally try Izotope Trash 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxBKNXe_hOE) and throw that on your breaks. You can shape and distort the breaks sound in really cool ways and the way you process the actual breaks will make it sound really excellent.

Last edited by Coolboyrulez0; 07-20-2013 at 10:04 AM..
Coolboyrulez0 is offline   Reply With Quote