View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 10:16 AM   #3215
DarkZtar
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: 8th Official FFR Tournament - Round 5!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Weedmark View Post
I agree with rushy. Even if it's hypothetically possible to boost that much, you can't dismiss it as boosting every time it happens. It's something that would be rare. With a 3 clean top 16 cutoff on Sleep, there should not be ANYONE in D5 even SDGing Crow's Ghost. The bump is so massive that no single division should account for that skill gap, especially on a 16-man scale.

But it's not like we didn't know going in that certain D5ers were pretty obvious D6 material. A bump at this point would be stupid, but placements could be handled better next year. Like not grouping a guy with a Love & Justice blackflag (no, it's not a "a certain kind of score" unless you mean an unambiguously D6 one) with people whose highest AAA is a 69.

It's kind of stupid to talk about at this point though. Just give ca25nada or DarkZtar the win and place better next time.
My highest AAA before tourney started was a 72, and all my FGO scores are trash, haha. I'm honestly surprising myself this tournament since prior to it I've pretty much played FFR solely has a casual hobby and came into the tourney with the goal of making top 16 =P.

Unrelated note: Gonna keep pushing myself and try for the Crow's Ghost AAA ~=P
DarkZtar is offline   Reply With Quote