Old 07-21-2012, 01:00 AM   #438
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Team Pokemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin_ator View Post
I'm with Zak on the Pokemaster thing being an interesting idea but probably not really working out so well. Like he said, my main concern is the fact that all it takes is one high D5 player or a D6 player taking the title to completely end the idea for anyone under that skill level.. Not saying a D5/6 player couldn't be beaten in a challenge, but it's not really something a D3 player is likely to accomplish. Interesting idea though, we could always try it.
Hmm, perhaps there can be 2-3 Pokemasters covering 2-3 divisions? Or even one Pokemaster per division? A D2 player challenging the D2 Pokemaster for instance. And perhaps if the D2 challenges a higher-division Pokemaster and wins he/she can upgrade to become a Pokemaster of a higher division. It doesn't have to be a one-for-all thing where inevitably a winner would probably be a highly-skilled D6 player.
It would change the scope of {Zero}'s original idea, but how about that to help even out the odds?

edit: Charu is pretty much echoing this idea.

That wasn't Zak's main concern though. His main concern was that the option for Challenges are restricted to one type of engine. Perhaps this idea will become viable in the future if that mode becomes available in both engines.

OR, if you can think of a way to present a challenge without the use of the Challenge feature, go for it. Zak has an alternative I'm open to:

Quote:
One idea I have is maybe there could be a weekly/monthly mini-tournament of sorts that everyone could be allowed to play in for a shot at the title and a handful of credits?

@Frank Munoz: that would be pretty fun and relevant to this team, if you want to rename divisions to that sort of thing.

Last edited by bmah; 07-21-2012 at 01:03 AM..
bmah is offline   Reply With Quote