Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Art and Graphics (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Drawing of a Basketball (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=135625)

drizzleRomanceGirl 03-6-2014 06:48 PM

Re: Drawing of a Basketball

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spenner (Post 4090558)
Keep up the practice drizzle, I suggest trying simple value and shading studies with pencil alone, and drawing it a bunch more times, just see what unique styles and lighting you can render with only a pencil. It'll also be a gateway to understanding how to draw more realistically aswell.

Thank you, I'll keep drawing and try different styles to see what I prefer. :) I'll also try more shading to test out how creative I can draw pictures.

KrazyKitsune 03-6-2014 07:03 PM

I would also suggest drawing bigger. If anything, it will result in higher quality photos since you don't have to zoom in as much to take a picture of your drawing.

That being said, if you have a scanner available, I would certainly recommend scanning your picture instead of using a camera.

drizzleRomanceGirl 03-6-2014 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KrazyKitsune (Post 4090568)
I would also suggest drawing bigger. If anything, it will result in higher quality photos since you don't have to zoom in as much to take a picture of your drawing.

That being said, if you have a scanner available, I would certainly recommend scanning your picture instead of using a camera.

I'll draw larger pictures next time. :) Unfortunately, I don't own a scanner, but thank you for the suggestion!

Wayward Vagabond 03-7-2014 06:12 AM

Scanners are pretty bad and I kind of suggest not using one unless it's a high quality scanner. Scanners tend to ruin any fine details and shading. Especially shading

drizzleRomanceGirl 03-7-2014 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond (Post 4090949)
Scanners are pretty bad and I kind of suggest not using one unless it's a high quality scanner. Scanners tend to ruin any fine details and shading. Especially shading

Oh, I didn't know that. Thank you for the advice. :)

25thhour 03-7-2014 08:17 PM

Wow. So orange.

Spenner 03-7-2014 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 25thhour (Post 4091514)
Wow. So orange.

Perhaps music might help influence a paradigm shift in style from the realist basketball you might be aiming for. Make a basketball in the shape of a torus, a cube, other things to practice creative thinking 8-)

Pseudo Enigma 03-7-2014 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Abstract (Post 4091518)

Perhaps music might help influence a paradigm shift in style from the realist basketball you might be aiming for. Make a basketball in the shape of a torus, a cube, other things to practice creative thinking 8-)

^ please learn to think this way. It's good to get this habit out of the way early.

XelNya 03-7-2014 09:35 PM

Instead of Basketballs you should draw a wrecking-ball.

j-rodd123 03-7-2014 09:37 PM

[x]drawing
[ ]basketball

jk keep drawing if u enjoy it, have fun in the sun

Ohaider 03-7-2014 11:33 PM

Boards of Canada strikes the avant garde in all of us

justin_ator 03-8-2014 12:02 AM

Page 1 = ...what am I reading
Page 2 = Gold level trolling, I was literally lol'ing