Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Bug Reports and Suggestions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   FFR Wiki (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=130945)

gold stinger 07-14-2013 10:59 AM

Re: FFR Wiki

Finished the Label Permissions and the Blanket Permissions as well as Label Permissions.

Will update the lists with noname's list when I get back from work.

noname219 07-14-2013 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 3938779)
neither of those seem to be the problem, it seems there is some sort of traffic limit for links or glass ceiling to posting on the same page. It used to freeze up at P-Z for song authors, but now I'm half-way down P (which I couldn't post before). Really don't want to resort to having 2 different articles for the permissions ><

The links are references for us to find their music, we could just move those links into their own page.

gold stinger 07-14-2013 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noname219 (Post 3938925)
The links are references for us to find their music, we could just move those links into their own page.

You can if you want, I like having them there so people know where to go originally for music, because some of the links are there because they only want music from that link used in the game.

noname219 07-14-2013 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 3938927)
You can if you want, I like having them there so people know where to go originally for music, because some of the links are there because they only want music from that link used in the game.

If you want to keep them on those permission pages, it will make them heavier to load and more confusing. I think simply making a list of artists with internal links could be a simple solution to your phishing problem and you could then make one article with permissions.

Also, added an extra line of code in Template:Musician and Template:Song so when you use any of those two templates, their respective category is automatically added.

edit : just hit 100 pages :)

gold stinger 07-15-2013 10:10 AM

You can't stop this ride

Hateandhatred 07-15-2013 11:48 AM

I'm curious about how Jimerax isn't in the staff page with other admins but Tasselfoot is there.

Also on many occurances people are referred to by their first names, which isn't really practical in my book.

cedolad 07-15-2013 12:58 PM

Whoa this exploded fast, tomorrow I'll spend all day re-reading all the content and make a .txt file with edits so the initial author can make the grammar edits. I feel like this way they learn more too.

And then I'll reword/reconstruct phrasing and paragraphs for some fun.

Netjet! 07-15-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hateandhatred (Post 3939309)
I'm curious about how Jimerax isn't in the staff page with other admins but Tasselfoot is there.

Also on many occurances people are referred to by their first names, which isn't really practical in my book.

I noticed that too, so if no one else is set to do so I can work on this page.

noname219 07-17-2013 08:37 PM

We really need to set up a plan and what's left to do.

Critical tasks
- We NEED a list of pages to add (engines, history of the website, tournaments, etc.......)
- Artists and songs to add (Noname219 - now at letter E)

Important tasks
- Template:Song page need some adjustments (Netjet! - will add some few other things)
- Additional information on songs and musicians (Noname219 and Crazyjayde)
- Logo ameliorations, transparency, "wiki" need a better font
- Some staff members to be added
- Setting up the homepage properly
- Having a page to know exactly what to do when new content is added
- List of musicians
- List of songs

Propositions
- FFR Terminology is a big ass page, we could have a whole page for play styles, AAA, BC, pattern terminology (some examples in files) with a redirection
- Having all permissions pages under the same one (links could be listed in artists page)
- Maybe having a page with some general guidelines to know what/how to add stuff on the wiki, a FAQ or something

Completed
- None yet!

This will go in the OP. If anybody wants to start something, they can go ahead.

gold stinger 07-18-2013 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noname219 (Post 3940761)
- We NEED a list of pages to add (engines, history of the website, tournaments, etc.......)

-List of things that we currently need- at least from what I can think of...

- Major stub pages AND/OR Wanted Pages created & filled (excludes pages that are in the musician or song categories. Can be found from main page.

(Includes pages for Legacy Engine,
Velocity Engine,
R^2 Engine,
FFR RPG,
Website History,
Official Tournaments,
FFR Shop,
Duel Requests,
FFR File Creation,
FFR Credit Jackpot,
Veteran Status,
Credits,
Gambling Hall,
Tokens,
Profile Chat,
The Official list of FFR Songs in-game, (Only the page for musicians are up,)
Spin It Up,
FFR Radio,
FFR R2 (Not R^2 Engine),
Metrivia,
Simfile Database (FFR),
Widgets,
AND PROBABLY MORE...)

Hoorah for nostalgia list. \o/

nothing to see here,
come back when the sky is falling.

Quote:

- Additional information on songs and musicians (Noname219 and Crazyjayde)

This will inevitably, take us forever at the pace of contribution, but it's not impossible to do entirely. The idea I had behind it was to offer a bit of technical information in a paragraph for people too lazy to look at the template, and then talk about the strength and weaknesses in the chart for it followed by tips and tricks on tackling the chart, with there being a section at the end of the explanation that can include any screenshot images by any wiki people that involve that particular song. (It can be an accomplishment, or advice sections using puush and then saving it to your computer.)

- Having a page to know exactly what to do when new content is added

Quote:

- List of musicians

Completed with the links to permissions on the homepage, but needs some updating from your list of authors and permissions because someone hasn't updated the blanket permissions thread since April.

Quote:

- Having all permissions pages under the same one (links could be listed in artists page)

Would love to put them all under the same page, but I had to do some heavy coding in source just to fit them as it is in one, and would hate to struggle with mixing them together because some of the links in the actual thread are required due to their limited permissions, which is why I left them aside from the actual blanket permissions. If you truly want to merge them though, I'm not going to argue with you on doing so.

Everything else I didn't quote from your post I don't have anything to really say against it and should probably be done.

noname219 07-18-2013 07:08 AM

Don't have much time, will respond fast :

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 3940948)
-List of things that we currently need- at least from what I can think of...

{list}

Thanks! I can think of some few things to add but that's a good start.
Can probably have a category for step authors too.

Quote:

This will inevitably, take us forever at the pace of contribution, but it's not impossible to do entirely. The idea I had behind it was to offer a bit of technical information in a paragraph for people too lazy to look at the template, and then talk about the strength and weaknesses in the chart for it followed by tips and tricks on tackling the chart, with there being a section at the end of the explanation that can include any screenshot images by any wiki people that involve that particular song. (It can be an accomplishment, or advice sections using puush and then saving it to your computer.)
For now, I'm putting information I've gather on the Song Corrections Thread. I won't go into details at the moment because I want to add all the pages first, then do a bit of research to make sure the current information is correct.

Quote:

Would love to put them all under the same page, but I had to do some heavy coding in source just to fit them as it is in one, and would hate to struggle with mixing them together because some of the links in the actual thread are required due to their limited permissions, which is why I left them aside from the actual blanket permissions. If you truly want to merge them though, I'm not going to argue with you on doing so.
I'm really thinking about putting permission information for each artist on their page. (additional details concerning limited permissions for example)
-The permission page could serve as a directory only.
-List of musicians could be only for in-game musicians.
-Category:Musician would be a complete list of all the musicians in the wiki. (no work to be done there)

YoshL 07-18-2013 08:40 AM

nostalgia? psychopath

noname219 08-7-2013 08:40 PM

Did a few important modifications to Template:Song and Template:Musician :

1. Header now has the same colour of the website
2. On Template:Musician only, legends are aligned to the top (less confusion on the artists' profiles)
3. On Template:Song, added "In-game title" in File Information to see how the name should be displayed in the game
4. If a song has two of more versions, the second infobox has to be entered manually (see an example here : http://ffr.wikia.com/wiki/Nothing%27s_Gonna_Stop_Me)
5. Minor bugs fixed
* A note on "Original title" : applicable only if the name is different from the name displayed in the game (ie japanese names)

Now that I have more time, I should be able to add the rest of the artists/songs during the next couple of weeks. :)

noname219 08-10-2013 08:02 PM

Made a new page : http://ffr.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_so...multiple_files

New template to use on v2 files : http://ffr.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Songv2
(check this page to see how it looks)

+ some ameliorations on infoboxes.

noname219 08-14-2013 10:01 PM

Need a bit of help here on List of songs.

I need to build the table quickly with an output for each song in the game, like this :

Code:

|-
| [http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/levelstats.php?level=1 1]
| [[Terror From Beyond]]
| [[Digital Explosion]]

For anyone who want to help, don't worry about duplicates, I will fix this after.

EDIT : Also added a few more categories. When you use templates icon, pages are added automatically to those categories.

noname219 08-17-2013 08:17 PM

I really need this btw :

Quote:

Originally Posted by noname219 (Post 3959105)
Need a bit of help here on List of songs.

I need to build the table quickly with an output for each song in the game, like this :

Code:

|-
| [http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/levelstats.php?level=1 1]
| [[Terror From Beyond]]
| [[Digital Explosion]]

I would like to have some feedback about the homepage : how it should be organised/what to put there ?

I'm planning on building portals in the long run, but I don't know where to start.

alloyus 08-17-2013 08:22 PM

Music
Community
The Game
Done

noname219 08-20-2013 08:36 PM

List of songs is 95% done, just need to fix some weird occurences. Thanks to Excel and Notepad++.

edit: will separate the songs by year, page will be easier to edit in the future
edit2 : might as well make separate pages, loading time is getting out of hand
edit3 : It's done, but I didn't fix everything, tired, will do later.

RARAWR 11-13-2013 01:23 PM

I figured I could help this wiki out, and I added a Tournaments article. It's still a work in progress and I plan on having the start date, number of rounds (if applicable) and victors of every tournament I can get my hands on. I also just threw some terms that were being tossed around recently, feel free to add/edit as you see fit.... RAWR!

-RARAWR

Edit: I pretty much complete the 2nd official tournament (just need to add the 8 songs per round)
Also the separate page idea seems to be working well and I'm going to go back and add on to the first tourny. Tell me what you think of the 2nd Tournaments page (follow the links on the main Tourny post).

Netjet! 11-13-2013 01:35 PM

Good stuff! I completely forgot about this so I'll try to get back to editing and adding stuff when I can. :)

noname219 11-13-2013 04:10 PM

Thanks for the help guys, much appreciated. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by RARAWR (Post 4023514)
I figured I could help this wiki out, and I added a Tournaments article. It's still a work in progress and I plan on having the start date, number of rounds (if applicable) and victors of every tournament I can get my hands on. I also just threw some terms that were being tossed around recently, feel free to add/edit as you see fit.... RAWR!

-RARAWR

You could make one article per tournament. There's a lot of information we can add for each tournament and it will also make the page lighter. So far, the page looks good, might add some infos in the future.

RARAWR 11-13-2013 05:06 PM

Yea I didn't realize how massive the page would have to be until after I started throwing stuff in. That sounds like a better idea.

Viisbyxa 11-13-2013 06:53 PM

Hmm, thought I remembered posting in a topic about this before. Anyway, if you guys need any help with wikicode, making the wiki cooperate and stuff, or any code, I can help.

RARAWR 11-13-2013 09:12 PM

I'm debating on either placing the songs used for a tournament on its respective article, or making one article dedicated to all the songs used for official tournaments (tie breakers included) and just having the link to said article on each tournament page. Thoughts?....RAWR

-RARAWR

EzExZeRo7497 11-13-2013 09:18 PM

mfw exodia

RARAWR 11-13-2013 09:38 PM

Yugi=FFR Players
Kaiba=The song
DEAL WITH IT....RAWR!

-RARAWR

noname219 11-13-2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RARAWR (Post 4023745)
I'm debating on either placing the songs used for a tournament on its respective article, or making one article dedicated to all the songs used for official tournaments (tie breakers included) and just having the link to said article on each tournament page. Thoughts?....RAWR

-RARAWR

Each song in the game will have their own article.
I'm currently adding all of them, if you wanna go ahead, you can add some, but they will get revised anyway.

RARAWR 11-13-2013 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noname219 (Post 4023778)
Each song in the game will have their own article.
I'm currently adding all of them, if you wanna go ahead, you can add some, but they will get revised anyway.

I don't mean that I will add songs, I wanted to just make a article listing the songs used for rounds (odds are you have already added them). I think I'll just throw them into the Tournaments article now that I think about it, thanks for the response....RAWR!

-RARAWR

Edit: I finished the 2nd Official Tournament Page. If anyone has suggestions on altering this format let me know soon(ish). Since I'll be constructing other Tournament pages similarly.

YoshL 12-16-2013 09:20 PM

bump cause i was doing a bit of browsing

there's a japanese wiki for ffr?

http://www9.atwiki.jp/ffrwiki/pages/1.html

noname219 12-17-2013 08:32 AM

I managed to miss your post Yoshl until today \o/ Looks like there's some infos on how to get tokens, that's all there is. There's 12 pages total.

Also, I will probably involve credits (willing to give out 800,000) at some point in the future (could be a weekly salary for people that helps the wiki, unsure how I will do that honestly). If anyone wants to help btw but doesn't want to format stuff or add pictures, they can just drop bare text in this thread or directly in the wiki.

I've added nearly all the musicians in the last few days (yay), I'm adding some more informations atm + all the songs. Slowly taking shape. Still, a lot to do. :S

noname219 12-17-2013 10:03 AM

Did massive changes in the first post. List of pages is more complete and detailed. There are some missing things that could be added, but it looks good so far.

edit : Changed the homepage finally, will create some portal logos later

noname219 12-19-2013 06:52 AM

Hit a milestone today : 1000th article!

noname219 12-21-2013 05:02 AM

100,000 credits mini-contest

We need 4 portal logos for the wiki :

- FFR the Game
- Music
- Community
- Rhythm Games

- Any size will do fine (they can get resized at will), at least 300x300 pixels.
- Any shape.
- Any file format. (preferably png)
- They should be be easy to recognize at smaller sizes (when reduced to icons about 20x20 pixels)
- Try to keep an uniformity between them.

They will be displayed on the homepage. Anybody can submit their entry. The winner will get decided by a poll on January 5th. Send your entries on this thread.

gold stinger 12-21-2013 05:45 AM

holy shit noname. I can't keep up with your dedication :s

noname219 12-21-2013 08:15 AM

Thanks, trying my best not to turn crazy at the moment with all the stuff that needs to be added.

Btw, I made some super lazy ass temporary logos on the homepage to show and see exactly how they will appear.

noname219 12-22-2013 07:04 PM

Bump. Not sure a lot saw this :

Quote:

Originally Posted by noname219 (Post 4047421)
100,000 credits mini-contest

We need 4 portal logos for the wiki :

- FFR the Game
- Music
- Community
- Rhythm Games

- Any size will do fine (they can get resized at will), at least 300x300 pixels.
- Any shape.
- Any file format. (preferably png)
- They should be be easy to recognize at smaller sizes (when reduced to icons about 20x20 pixels)
- Try to keep an uniformity between them.

They will be displayed on the homepage. Anybody can submit their entry. The winner will get decided by a poll on January 5th. Send your entries on this thread.

noname219 01-15-2014 12:25 AM

No entries, no poll. Credits will be reserved for something else.

Dynam0 01-15-2014 12:31 AM

Keep up the awesome work that you've put into this. People may take this for granted now, but they will certainly appreciate this feature as the community matures and archival tools like this are increasingly important :)

noname219 01-15-2014 12:50 AM

Thanks! ;)

A lot of websites went down during the last year + Myspace that changed its layout and deleted tons of useful information. Loss of data is really the main concern I have atm.

In the next month, I will make an announcement concerning user pages (ie : adding your own page to the wiki). Don't do it yet, there are a few things I need to set up first.

noname219 01-19-2014 09:15 AM

Giving an example of how the musician pages will look like aftre everything is set up : http://ffr.wikia.com/wiki/%C3%86on_Spoke

Sections of the page can include :
- History/Biography
- Musical style and influences
- Discography
- In-game songs (if there are any)
- Permission
- FFR career (if the musician has played FFR in past - very rare occurence)
- Personal life
- Trivia
- References
None of these sections are mandatory.

I will add some additional information to the musician template, so it will look like this :
- name (header)
- aka
- born
- formed
- from (if unsure of origin)
- member of (band or doujin for example)
- members
- genres
- label
- website
- reference
Bolded are the new features.

I also thought about how to manage user/musician pages. For example, CBR has a FFR and music career, so the musician template will take over the user template. The user template will be similar to the musician template except with less options :
- name (header)
- aka
- born
- from
- website
So if the FFR player if suddenly making music, you can easily change {{User by {{Musician and the page won't appear broken. Categories are automated with templates, so you shouldn't have to bother with that.

The song template will get a few more options as well :
- name (header)
- originaltitle
- aka
- album
- composer (for classical artists and ost artists)
- musician
- performer (usually with classical artists)
- arranger (ie: for vg artist)
- song release date
- genre
- in game artist (what should appear on ffr)
- in game title (what should appear on ffr)
- level number
- step artist
- file release date
- song length
- difficulty
- note count
- nps
- bpm
- category
Again, bolded are the new options.

I will create more of these icons sooner or later :
- Reference (a neutral reference icon for everything that doesn't fit)
- deviantArt
- Classical Archives
- Beatport
- Youtube will be modified
- All others appears ok
I'm taking commissions for these, so if any of you are seeing websites I haven't covered yet (twitch, livestream, snapchat, random music communities, thirdstyle, etc.)

Finally, I'm planning to move the blanket and limited artist permissions links into each of their own page and create categories for them, like this. This will be a huge improvement, it will be easier to add a new artist to the permission list (as no manual manoeuvre will be necessary). It will help with the current permission thread - which is hard to maintain and keep it updated...

Any comment/addition you would like to see is appreciated.

noname219 01-30-2014 07:48 PM

Small announcement

Reworked the List of Pages which was just too hard to manage, each update was very heavy in size anyway.
I've turned that page into a category, more flexible and convenient. The only thing is to remember to add categories when adding a song page.
edit : put some redirections (Song + List of Songs), so it's easily accessible via the search bar

noname219 01-31-2014 10:32 PM

!!! Big update !!!

Additional options were added to Template:Song, Template:Songv2 and Template:Musician. The descriptions of the cells were re-written.

Users have now the possibility of creating their own page ! You can use this template (or this template if you're a musician) to have an infobox on your page. It's not necessary, but recommended (if you don't I may add it to your user page anyway). You can write what you want but remember that the Wiki has same rules of the forums. Be respectful and factual (ie : it's a wiki).
If you don't know where to start, you can check this page to have some ideas : http://ffr.wikia.com/wiki/Noname219 - it doesn't have to be this big, a few lines about you and your progress as a FFR user can suffice.

I didn't change the wiki logo, yet. That's something I want to update (sorry gold stinger :P), but I'm tempted to make this a contest (like the unsuccesful we had for the portal logos...). I'm also tempted to give out credits to people contributing to the wiki.

New sets of images, if there's no album/musician/user pictures

Improved portal logos

Old :

New :

New website icons

In order : IMDB, deviantArt, Classical Archives, Beatport, Youtube (remake) and a generic reference icon.
I plan to make some more depending on what people wants or need.

That's it for this update. I will spend more time this week starting new articles, writing a few lines (there's a lot of red) and probably managing the portals. After that, I will resume the music research (Song Corrections Thread) and update the Wiki at the same time.

Dynam0 01-31-2014 11:10 PM

Hey this is pretty awesome! Hopefully some people will take part when they have the time and fill some of the gaps in terms of information.

noname219 02-1-2014 12:28 PM

Announcement : I've decided to include monthly credit payoffs. $$$

At the end of each month, I will send send credits to users that have helped the wiki during the month. (until I have no credits left)

If you want to be eligible, make sure to create an account and tell me on this thread (or via PM) what is your user name.
I will also count relevant information on this thread. Note that the amount of credits is entirely subjective. (but I'll try to make it fair)

Monthly payoff since the start of the wiki :

Total : 37,500

Midnight and Eze, I will send you credits at the end of the month. ;)

noname219 02-2-2014 04:11 PM

Last 2-3 days were very active for the wiki (thanks Eze ;)). We were ranked 667th in January for the number of modifications. So far, in February alone, we're 29th.

I began to add/move the blanket permissions and create new pages for that. Same for label permissions, there's a new template for labels.

noname219 03-4-2014 11:52 PM

Almost forgot February's credit payoff :

Total : 105,000 + 37,500 = 142,500

I'm capping it at 100,000 credits per person per month because Eze.
Btw, hope you enjoy your new promotion. :3

Netjet! 03-5-2014 12:01 AM

Eze is now an administrator on the wiki. :) Good luck!!

gold stinger 03-5-2014 02:47 AM

noname219, I sent back 20,000 credits because I haven't done anything really productive towards the wiki in the past couple of months. Hoping more people will be able to jump on board with you, even if it's a one-time, or a one-day thing.

noname219 04-6-2014 05:20 PM

March payoffs

Total : 100,000 + 142,500 = 242,500

___________ 04-6-2014 05:56 PM

I can help with song info/tips free of charge by the way.

noname219 04-6-2014 06:00 PM

That would be cool, I think Eze has just finished adding all the songs last week.

___________ 04-6-2014 06:09 PM

That's awesome, I have lots of tips and tricks to give out for certain higher-end songs. As I said before (in my deleted post), these tips will help players know what to expect in a particular song. I remember, one problem I always had when clearing out levelranks was 'is there a tough difficulty spike in this song? A huge 32nd roll, 16th jack, or some other gay pattern?' only to have my fears invalidated.

Wayward Vagabond 04-6-2014 09:48 PM

why isnt there a stepartist section

noname219 04-6-2014 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond (Post 4112038)
why isnt there a stepartist section

http://ffr.wikia.com/wiki/Category:FFR_simfile_author

It needs more work, and an article for tips regarding simfile creation would be very useful. It's not one of my priorities at the moment but that doesn't mean you can't start making one. ;)

edit : or if you meant a stepartist portal, I was planning on including that section in FFR the Game, for the moment. If it grows larger, I'll make it as a separate portal.

Sprite- 04-7-2014 01:23 AM

This seems pretty cool. Can't seem to sign up though. When I try to make an account it says username already exists. When I try to say I forgot password it says it can't find that username. Strange

Sprite-

Velocity 04-7-2014 01:25 AM

Leave the site breaking on FFR plz Sprite.

noname219 04-21-2014 10:46 PM

@ Sprite : I couldn't find what was the problem. Sorry. :/ Tell me if you happen to find a solution. I'll investigate further on that.

Some more things added on the frontpage, a news section and an activity feed summary. I reworked the layout too, it's ok for the moment, but I would like to take more time on it.

gold stinger 04-21-2014 10:49 PM

passed 3000 pages. That's some dedication. Keep up the good work.

noname219 06-9-2014 02:49 PM

April-May payoffs

Total : 75,000 + 242,500 = 317,500

Almost forgot about this. This month was less active in terms of activity (real life stuff to deal with).

At the very least, I included a News section on the front page, the Wiki will be easier to update.

gold stinger 06-9-2014 04:37 PM

Nice to see that this is still active, wish it got more of the spotlight though.

Netjet! 07-7-2014 11:25 PM

Question for you guys leading the wiki: do you have complete access? if not let me know and i can do that for you

noname219 07-8-2014 12:00 AM

The only thing I can't do is to assign new admins and mods (only a bureaucrat can do that). Other than that, there's nothing I can't access.

TC_Halogen 07-8-2014 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noname219 (Post 4112111)
It needs more work, and an article for tips regarding simfile creation would be very useful. It's not one of my priorities at the moment but that doesn't mean you can't start making one. ;)

I've been considering making a video tutorial in regards to charting concepts for FFR, but I never really had a good reason to make one. I'd totally be up for it as long as other people wouldn't mind watching it (the last thing that I want is for people to think that I'm doing it because I'm a know-it-all when it comes to charting).

noname219 10-26-2014 07:27 PM

Been working on a few articles in the last days, mainly the 10th Official Tournament and the FFR PvE Tournament (I will use the same structure for upcoming user tournaments and add them as soon as they end). I'll probably track TWG threads in the near future.

The staff members page have been moved to user titles and reflect what was written by foxfire in the FAQ. I might have missed a couple of simfile judges because they aren't listed anywhere to my knowledge.

Also, I've added basic information of many FFR users. (A to H) I added only specific information that can be found in your profile or in the FFR forums. I plan to add more players but that's very low on my to-do list. If you want to add your own page, you can copy the user infobox.

TheSaxRunner05 10-26-2014 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noname219 (Post 4224517)
Been working on a few articles in the last days, mainly the 10th Official Tournament and the FFR PvE Tournament (I will use the same structure for upcoming user tournaments and add them as soon as they end). I'll probably track TWG threads in the near future.

The staff members page have been moved to user titles and reflect what was written by foxfire in the FAQ. I might have missed a couple of simfile judges because they aren't listed anywhere to my knowledge.

Also, I've added basic information of many FFR users. (A to H) I added only specific information that can be found in your profile or in the FFR forums. I plan to add more players but that's very low on my to-do list. If you want to add your own page, you can copy the user infobox.

Oh wow, that's cool.

noname219 10-26-2014 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EzExZeRo7497 (Post 4224549)
I'll have to fill in information on the files later, I've neglected it for a while mainly because it's rather repetitive

There was a good two months during the summer with no SOTW so there's 14 songs missing before the start of the 10th tournament. (I added a few just about now)

Also, it's not directly related to the wiki, but there are songs in the ffr song list that don't have external links since october 2013, I can make it a priority and provides pertinent links if an admin asks.

noname219 10-27-2014 04:53 PM

Some really important structural changes and a general clean-up took place today. It is now possible to browse every page of the wiki from the front page or using this page. The portals were converted to categories and the maintenance has been reshaped and completed. (this took longer than expected)

The wiki is still in dire need of writers and researchers so every little contribution you can do will help improve it. ;)

Netjet! 11-5-2014 02:09 AM

Heyo, I've been inactive on FFR lately but I'm absolutely up to the task of buffing up the wiki's contents. :)

PrawnSkunk 11-5-2014 02:39 AM

As the FFR Wiki is now an official resource, it is important to recognize its staff members and active content creators for their hard work in the community.

The "FFR Wiki Staff" usergroup has been founded by noname219, Netjet!, EzExZeRo7497 and gold stinger. Noname219 will be responsible for managing the team.

Keep up the great work guys, and good luck!

gold stinger 11-5-2014 05:47 AM

Planned on getting more involved into this now since there are templates for stuff. I remember trying to do this from scratch and was thinking there was no possible way. Gonna start filling out the stubs for songs because that's gonna take a ton of time to do.

Wanna get started on the more newer songs that were being released as of late. Already did a couple for the first 4 or so songs ever released to FFR as a warmup & example. Let me know if you want other stuff added to song page stubs.

noname219 11-5-2014 05:45 PM

So, I'll be busy with school this week but I'll communicate my plans and the components we should be priorizing in the next few days.
In the meantime, you guys can propose features that could be useful for FFR that we can integrate in the wiki. I'll add them to the bunch I have in mind.

I'm also adressing this to all users : if you want to help, and don't know where to start, you can check the Maintenace page or you can go ahead and start/improve an article. ;)

@gold stinger : I've skimmed through and it looks pretty good so far. If you link users, use internal links. Oh and imo, references aren't really necessary if they are already linked in the infobox.

gold stinger 11-5-2014 07:20 PM

Forgot that you're working on implementing the entire profile database into the FFR Wiki. Will make sure to use internal links.

noname219 11-7-2014 03:56 PM

I will add all the following information in the op a bit later. Here's the next "steps" and some objectives I want to achieve in the upcoming months. This is, of course, not set in stone and any tasks below can be modified or added/removed from the list. The pourcentage is an estimate of the progress made for that task.

The goal of the wiki is to provide a useful and easy to access database of information concerning FFR. Hopefully, it should be the ressource of information to check if someone has a question related to the game. While it's technically on another domain, it should feel like it's part of FFR.

GENERAL RULES
- They are the same than on FFR : no offensive content, no disrespect towards other people, etc. Wikia has also community guidelines that we should follow.
- A very important point I want to make is to respect private information of other users. Everything that's been posted by the user himself on FFR solely can be added on his profile. Also, if a user doesn't want to display certain information concerning himself, we should fulfill his request.
- Try to keep an impartial view of the subject you're working on. Reference as much as possible.

CRITICAL TASKS
[0%] [open to everyone + Noname219] General guidelines for content creators (some tips I found to be more efficient when editing the wiki, how to use wikicode correctlym useful links, etc. Planning to put that content somewhere, probably in the maintenance section. Everyone can submit their tips too.)
[--] [open to everyone + Noname219 + Eze] Maintenance & News (That means, all current events must at least be referenced in the news section that I'm currently keeping up to date. We should ensure a minimum of coverage concerning current happenings of the website. That also means all recent songs missing should be added, which is why I added Eze to that task since he already knows where and how to add those songs. Also dead redirects, double redirects, wanted pages to check from time to time)
[0%] [Noname219] Integration of Song Corrections Thread and Musical Genres Revamp into the wiki. (I want to make my song research more accessible to users, so they can add their own input. Atm, I'm less preoccupied by the genres revamp, but it's something I want to make progress on.)

IMPORTANT TASKS
[10%] [open to everyone + Noname219] Musician pages to expand (basic infos+links) (Currently making this. The link section is intimidating for anyonye, but I couldn't found any easy solution. I'm planning to review all the profiles myself but anyone can hop on to help.)
[1%] [open to everyone + gold stinger] Song pages to expand (tips/tricks, background info, reception, etc. The information in the infobox will be modified when I successfully integrate the song corrections thread research. @ goldstinger : if you're interested about expanding the songs page, avoid using the 2nd subject "you", "your", etc. Other than that, you can do what you want.)
[5%] [open to everyone] Important pages to create/modify (engines, history of the website, community, terminology, etc. Some of them are listed in the portals but many more can be added.)

NEXT STEPS
[0%] [open to everyone] Permission screenshots to add (if we can find them)
[0%] [open to everyone] Cloning pertinent information from the forum (stuff that could be useful on the wiki such as the stickies)
[1%] [open to everyone] The Werewolf Games + Tournaments (this takes a while and isn't that of a necessity, but it would make the user pages more complete and pertinent)

STUFF THAT IS MOSTLY DONE BUT IS CONSTANTLY EXPANDING
- Music genres db
- Permissions
- Staff/user titles
- Locations db
- Browsing the wiki using categories and portals

gold stinger 11-7-2014 04:49 PM

From the look of that wall of text, I'm assuming you're gonna try and start work on integration of the song corrections thread & musical genres revamp. That's cool.

I'm gonna be working on covering the stubs & info for newly released songs, see what I can get in there so that it doesn't look so bare if people are looking up newest songs being added. will tend myself to other sections when I got the free time.

EzExZeRo7497 11-7-2014 08:22 PM

I'm generally done with adding songs into the wiki, I'm missing 6 songs so it should be trivial. I'll probably try to fill up information regarding the songs themselves though, I recognise a good portion of them.

noname219 11-8-2014 12:34 AM

Website is slow for me but I'll try to respond anyway :

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 4229833)
From the look of that wall of text, I'm assuming you're gonna try and start work on integration of the song corrections thread & musical genres revamp. That's cool.

I'm gonna be working on covering the stubs & info for newly released songs, see what I can get in there so that it doesn't look so bare if people are looking up newest songs being added. will tend myself to other sections when I got the free time.

My next step really would be to expand the musician pages. Then, once I can get an interest from Crazyjayde, we'll be working on the song corrections research and integrate all that into the wiki (in some ways). At the same time, I'll continue referencing present events in the news.

Quote:

Originally Posted by EzExZeRo7497 (Post 4229870)
I'm generally done with adding songs into the wiki, I'm missing 6 songs so it should be trivial. I'll probably try to fill up information regarding the songs themselves though, I recognise a good portion of them.

Good to know. :)

noname219 11-14-2014 08:15 PM

I've added all the artist permissions we've got from May 2014 to today. (example : http://ffr.wikia.com/wiki/Jonathan_Coulton) I will (hopefully) add all the older ones I can find. If there's any new permission, they will be tracked too. [task was added to the first post] You can skim through them using this category.

edit : oh yeah I forgot to update the op using post 154...
edit2 : done
edit3 : as a sidenote, I will add FFR users ONLY IF they have 5 mentions minimum internally on the wiki. However, anyone can create his/her own page even if you're not cited anywhere.

noname219 12-1-2014 04:01 AM

We're the 3rd most active gaming wikia in december so far!

I've pimped the top navigation bar and added a Help tab for an easy access to some useful pages. Also, we're close to having 3,500 pages total and November saw 1,400 modifications (best month since March).

SKG_Scintill 12-27-2014 07:54 AM

Since it's kind of topical: what about adding forum awards results?

noname219 12-27-2014 12:35 PM

It's definitely something to be added in the wiki. I'll try to search for past nominees as well.